Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shreekarthik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Guys

While having Vayalar Ravi talk to US Govt. on social security taxes is a good idea having him talk about retrogression is a very bad idea.

Permanent residency and retrogression are internal affairs of US of A. USA and USA alone will determine who gets their PR and citizenship. Any foreign official touching that subject will be seen as infringing on this nation's sovereignity.

During the 60s USA wanted lot of doctors and imported them from India. Later on they started producing their own doctors and we know how difficult it is for an Indian doctor to emigrate now. I suspect computer programmers are the next. The current focus is on importing nurses and when they have enough nurses they will have the same problem..... Isn't life very fair ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default So it's only SSN then.

After reading other posts I am inclined ot think may be only SSN Taxes issue can be appropriately presented to Minister. Because if read correctly and other posts here are right, other country citizens in US get their SSN back because of a special treat.

So Retrogression is a problem but can not be represented to Minister due to reasons posted here !

Last edited by go_gc_way; 06-22-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
va_labor2002 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iptel
First of all what you want honorable Minister to do. Ask him to talk to US Congress to pass the law so that we get GC faster. Let say he speaks on our behalf. All I see happening is things getting worse rather than getting better. Those who are on the other side of the table will get a point to oppose to those who are supporting us. This is what going to happen. Every provision that is supporting our cause will be opposed by the fact that it has been done under the influence of foreign Government in this case it will be Indian. Organizations like numberusa is vehemently looking for a way to prove that how all pro-immigration provisions are anti-american. So we hand over them the Jackpot.
Whole idea of involving Indian Minister looks to me like small kids involved in a fight seeking help of their parents to get the issues fixed. Here we are not dealing with neighbors kid. Lets grow up..
If the minister talks to the US President regarding VISA retrogression problem,How the outside world will come to know ? The discussions will be kept confidential ! I don't think everything will be disclosed to the press. VISA revalidation is another thing he can talk to US Secretary of State.
I-485 - Filed on July 19 to TX
EAD yes No FP yet
-------------------------------------------

Old 06-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
youngindia is on a distinguished road
Default let's also talk abt retrieving soc.sec money

This minister may be the right person to initiate a soc sec. treaty between India-US like there is one between US-Canada. May be, once the US politicians see money going out they will respond to our issues.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shreekarthik is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_labor2002
If the minister talks to the US President regarding VISA retrogression problem,How the outside world will come to know ? The discussions will be kept confidential ! I don't think everything will be disclosed to the press. VISA revalidation is another thing he can talk to US Secretary of State.
You are not serious are u ? Anyways he is here for shopping. If the dude drops in on July 4th who the hell is he going to meet in official Washington DC ?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
youngindia is on a distinguished road
Default Does Not Hurt To Try

Guys, If we try something its not gonna hurt us. If we don't try we may have lost an opportunity. The least that this dude can do for us is listen and then we can follow up.

I insist, again, lets talk abt soc. sec treaty. With thousands of us having together millions in that account, the US gov. will have to do something. Remember-its our money- the US govt. cannot deny it if asked by The Indian govt. IF they wanna keep it, better give us our GCs!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Smile I agree !

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngindia
Guys, If we try something its not gonna hurt us. If we don't try we may have lost an opportunity. The least that this dude can do for us is listen and then we can follow up.

I insist, again, lets talk abt soc. sec treaty. With thousands of us having together millions in that account, the US gov. will have to do something. Remember-its our money- the US govt. cannot deny it if asked by The Indian govt. IF they wanna keep it, better give us our GCs!
I agree !
EAD yes No FP yet

Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Too young

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngindia
Remember-its our money- the US govt. cannot deny it if asked by The Indian govt. IF they wanna keep it, better give us our GCs!
What do you think US is Indian colony like India use to be a British Colony before 1947.
However for sure there is no harm in discussing Soc Sec.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Thumbs up Phone Number: +91(11) 2419 7900

Check out the web site for Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs;

http://www.overseasindian.in/

Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
9th Floor, Akbar Bhawan, Chankya Puri
New Delhi - 110 021, India
Phone Number: +91(11) 2419 7900
Email: contact@overseasindian.in

I already sent couple of emails to them yesterday !!
EAD yes No FP yet

Old 06-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Which World Are You Living In.

Quote:
Wel well well...
If the minister talks to the US President regarding VISA retrogression problem

What Good will that do US President in several instance has supported our cause Presidents Economic Report 2006 is one such instance. Obstacle is HR not US President. President along with senate is trying to get CIR passed problem is path to citizenship of 12million Illegal in the same bill that is raising eyebrows.

How the outside world will come to know ? The discussions will be kept confidential ! I don't think everything will be disclosed to the press.

Both nation has tremendous freedom of press what happens is ones bedroom is not confidential what makes you think this will be. Our GC is very trivial issue in the world of International politics.

I am as frustrated as you are In time like this prudence should rule our thought and action not frustration.

Last edited by iptel; 06-23-2006 at 11:10 AM.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
knnmbd is on a distinguished road
Default Just The best

Quote:
I have seen a lot of ridiculous ideas suggested on this forum, but this one takes the cake and icing too.