Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important Message to the Sideliners

Please visit this site http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html . You will see that STRIVE bill is about to be introduced in both houses. Also notice that this bill is a bipartisan bill with Democrats in the lead. This increase chances of its success.

Note that though it is a comprehensive immigration reform bill but it does have some positive provisions, which greatly affect us. For example: The effective yearly green cards will be increased from 140K per year to 290K *2.5 = 725K, where 2.5 is the multiplier for spouse and children as they will be exempted from the quota.
In simple terms, priority dates will become current as soon as the bill passes.

Unfortunately, the bill needs to be passed by certain majority and there are three categories of people who will vote on this a) In favor b) Not in favor c) Haven’t decided yet. Category “C” are the ones that need to be convinced to vote in favor of the bill.

One of the goals of the Sep 18th rally is to meet with the category “c” lawmakers and try bringing then on our side. But if our number is not large enough they will most likely be voting Nay and hence defeating the bill.

So think and act….

Last edited by singhsa3; 09-05-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Focus On Strive

ALL IV MEMBERS AND ENTIRE IMMIGRANT COMMUNITY MUST MUST MUST FOCUS ON STRIVE ACT.

This is our top most priority.

The rally has been perfectly timed. We must make this a big success.

So please participate in the rally.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all
Wink No worries

What's the big deal, if it is not this year may be in next few years another bill will be introduced. Bills will kept being introduced and some day one of those bill will pass.

Why should I worry about it? Do you really think you can make a difference?

Even the answer is yes, people with late priority dates should be more worried as they are the ones who will get their GC in several years. If they are not worried, why are you?

You know there is a saying that goes in my country, you can bring horse to water but you can't make him drink.

So dude take it easy... Even though in 5-10 years but folks will get their GC (of course assuming other things remain constant)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light user1205 is a glorious beacon of light
Default see the last paragraph .. anything IV can change about it? might be too late

From http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

List of Witnesses To Testify at House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Hearing Tomorrow

The list:
Congressman Jeff Flake, R-AZ, co-sponsor of STRIVE Act of 2007
Congressman Joe Beca, D-CA
Congressman Ray Lahood, R-CA
Congessman Brian Bilbray, R-CA
Tony Wasilewsi, Small Business Owner, Schiller Park, IL
Eduardo Gonzalez, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Second Class, Jacsonville, FL
Rev. Luis Cortes, Jr., President Esperanza USA
Joshua Hoyt, Executive Director Illinois Coalition for Immigrant & Refugee Rights
Cassandra Q. Butts, Sr. Vice President for Domestic Policy Center for American Progress
David Lizarraga, Chirman of U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Julie Kirchner, Director of Government Relations Federation of American Immigration Reform
Corey Stewart, Chairman At-Large, William County Board of Supervisors, FL

The list indicates that the skilled worker immigrant worker community is not well represented in this hearing. We will post the text of the testimony as soon as it becomes available.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default You Got to Worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by plassey View Post
What's the big deal, if it is not this year may be in next few years another bill will be introduced. Bills will kept being introduced and some day one of those bill will pass.

Why should I worry about it? Do you really think you can make a difference?

Even the answer is yes, people with late priority dates should be more worried as they are the ones who will get their GC in several years. If they are not worried, why are you?

You know there is a saying that goes in my country, you can bring horse to water but you can't make him drink.

So dude take it easy... Even though in 5-10 years but folks will get their GC (of course assuming other things remain constant)

I may have early PD but it doesn't make GC is granted, rather than focus on “What’s in for me” please focus on common issue.

Great people had not thought about themselves, they always thought about the future.

There is old say in my country that a person who plants a tree will not be get benefited through that, but still plant it; the reason is that the person believes that the tree will give benefits to the future generations

Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We will be in much better position

No, it is not too late but JUST IN TIME.

After this hearing, first set of votes will be taken to decide if this bill should be made debatable or not. It just requires simple majority.

Then, the real thing begins. Debate , amendments and the final voting followed by reconcillation between the two houses.

Even if the bill pass "as it is" we will be in MUCH BETTER POSITION " then what we are in today.

After all, the effective green cards are increased to 725K per year , along with recapture provisions and exemption for people with certain master degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1205 View Post
From http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

List of Witnesses To Testify at House Judiciary Immigration Subcommittee Hearing Tomorrow

The list:
Congressman Jeff Flake, R-AZ, co-sponsor of STRIVE Act of 2007
Congressman Joe Beca, D-CA
Congressman Ray Lahood, R-CA
Congessman Brian Bilbray, R-CA
Tony Wasilewsi, Small Business Owner, Schiller Park, IL
Eduardo Gonzalez, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Second Class, Jacsonville, FL
Rev. Luis Cortes, Jr., President Esperanza USA
Joshua Hoyt, Executive Director Illinois Coalition for Immigrant & Refugee Rights
Cassandra Q. Butts, Sr. Vice President for Domestic Policy Center for American Progress
David Lizarraga, Chirman of U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Julie Kirchner, Director of Government Relations Federation of American Immigration Reform
Corey Stewart, Chairman At-Large, William County Board of Supervisors, FL

The list indicates that the skilled worker immigrant worker community is not well represented in this hearing. We will post the text of the testimony as soon as it becomes available.

Last edited by singhsa3; 09-05-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Strive is our big chance, let us not lose out on this

Old 09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default Bump

This should go to top of queue. BUMPING
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent Points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
Please visit this site http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html . You will see that STRIVE bill is about to be introduced in both houses. Also notice that this bill is a bipartisan bill with Democrats in the lead. This increase chances of its success.

Note that though it is a comprehensive immigration reform bill but it does have some positive provisions, which greatly affect us. For example: The effective yearly green cards will be increased from 140K per year to 290K *2.5 = 725K, where 2.5 is the multiplier for spouse and children as they will be exempted from the quota.
In simple terms, priority dates will become current as soon as the bill passes.

Unfortunately, the bill needs to be passed by certain majority and there are three categories of people who will vote on this a) In favor b) Not in favor c) Haven’t decided yet. Category “C” are the ones that need to be convinced to vote in favor of the bill.

One of the goals of the Sep 18th rally is to meet with the category “c” lawmakers and try bringing then on our side. But if our number is not large enough they will most likely be voting Nay and hence defeating the bill.

So think and act….
Excellent points! All the more reason to attend the DC rally on the 18th!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Come on people, we are less than 2 weeks away from our destiny.
All you have to do is to rise from your daily chores, just for one day and help make this event successful.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default So how about a fax campaign in favor

So how about a fax campaign in favor.
That should not be too distracting from rally preparations.

Specifically we should highlight support for the increase in greencards. Other provision in STRIVE may have more enemies. Lou Dobbs is already all over it.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

we should all attend. Failure is not an option...there is no better time than Sept 18th