Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

View Poll Results: What did you do after reading this post?
I have downloaded the petition and I am going to get some signatures 85 77.27%
I have downloaded the petition but I am NOT going to collect signatures 0 0%
I haven't downloaded the petition but will look into it this week 21 19.09%
I am not interested 4 3.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default yes to this

i asked all of my friends to get me one page signed
in addition i will be getting signatures from my colleagues (US citizens included)

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do.
The worst thing you can do is nothing.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deleteuser is on a distinguished road
Default Bump

∩∩∩
Contributed $250 to IV

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Question Questions from my Team

Hi friends,

I have got two questions about bullet c) and d).

c) An unfair 7% gap... - "Why is this unfair?".
The person asking this question is from Europe. Their argument was that the 7% quota was introduced to maintain diversity.

d) Lack of policy changes to keep pace with changes in high-skilled immigrant demographics.
I could not exactly explain what it refers to.

Can someone please help me explain this? I am probably not the only person that received questions about the petition, so I hope the information will be useful to everyone.

Thanks,
Easter Bunny
Contributed $250 to IV

Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future
Default More info

Quote:

c) An unfair 7% gap... - "Why is this unfair?".
The person asking this question is from Europe. Their argument was that the 7% quota was introduced to maintain diversity.
Here is why - Read this article

Quote:
d) Lack of policy changes to keep pace with changes in high-skilled immigrant demographics.
I could not exactly explain what it refers to.

Can someone please help me explain this?
The entire system has not undergone major policy changes for a long time even though corporate america embraced globalization and demand for high skilled immigrants increased. We are hoping that by signing the petition, it will urge the decision makers to overhaul the entire system to represent the needs and demands of the current situation.

Quote:
I am probably not the only person that received questions about the petition, so I hope the information will be useful to everyone.

Thanks,
Easter Bunny
Keep the questions coming.

sw33t

JOIN THE TEXAS STATE CHAPTER
---------------------------------
VERIFIED MEMBERS LIST - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default More info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t View Post
I was not able to read the full article but the intro is already informative. Thank you for the link. I am still a bit unsure what IV's approach to this problem is. If the 7% per-country limit is completely removed, what other means would the US have to ensure that applicants from all countries are treated and represented equally?

Quote:
The entire system has not undergone major policy changes for a long time even though corporate america embraced globalization and demand for high skilled immigrants increased. We are hoping that by signing the petition, it will urge the decision makers to overhaul the entire system to represent the needs and demands of the current situation.
Thanks for explaining. In fact, Senator Schwarzenegger mentions this in his petition, too:

"Our green card system, also last devised in 1990, faces severe shortages that most heavily impact the high technology industry, forcing some of the most innovative contributors to our economy to wait well in excess of five years for a green card. Because of these delays we are seeing more and more of these talented individuals leave their U.S. jobs and return home."

Quote:
Keep the questions coming.

sw33t
Thank you so much, sw33t!
Easter Bunny
Contributed $250 to IV

Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

The US gives out a total of 1 million Green Cards every year.

Out of this 140000 are in the employment category. Thats 14%.
Employment should be based on merit, so the per country quota doesn't make sense here.

They can apply the diversty criterion for the rest of the GCs being handed out that have nothing to do with merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
I was not able to read the full article but the intro is already informative. Thank you for the link. I am still a bit unsure what IV's approach to this problem is. If the 7% per-country limit is completely removed, what other means would the US have to ensure that applicants from all countries are treated and represented equally?

Thanks for explaining. In fact, Senator Schwarzenegger mentions this in his petition, too:

"Our green card system, also last devised in 1990, faces severe shortages that most heavily impact the high technology industry, forcing some of the most innovative contributors to our economy to wait well in excess of five years for a green card. Because of these delays we are seeing more and more of these talented individuals leave their U.S. jobs and return home."

Thank you so much, sw33t!
Easter Bunny

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default woo hoo!!

30 signatures in 30 minutes

Rushed this evening to my favorite grocery store just as it was closing, and most people gave me one minute of their time to listen to me and gave their name in support of the petition

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future sw33t has a brilliant future
Default Fantastic work

Thats fantastic work!!!

249 and counting in my camp!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Is everyone working on this?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default bump

up

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default If 5000 atendees

bring 500 signatures each,
That will be 2.5 million supporting the petition!

If all 10000 bring it,
That will be 5 million!!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank you

THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE FAXING THE PETITION IN.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT. I KNOW SOME OF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE RALLY BUT BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT THIS WILL MAKE A POINT TO THE DECISION MAKERS.

Folks: Please take a minute out and download the petition. Its a small way for you to give back to IV regardless of whether you contributed or made it to the Rally.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Andhrudu is on a distinguished road

Hi Praveen,

Myself and my friends are taking signatures (may get approx 150) , will fax to you by tomorrow evening. Do you want me send by USPS also?. Also we encourging friends to contribute to IV. Yes lot of people from my region (Missouri) contributing.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank you so much

Thank you very much.. Keep pushing..

Persistence pays off!