Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all IV members with good writing skills

Hello everyone,

IV would like to submit op-ed articles written by IV members to various newspapers and websites . It maybe one more avenue for us to get our voices heard and generate awareness for our cause.

We would like to invite members who have good writing skills and can volunteer to write a few op-ed pieces for us. The information material is available on the resources section of the IV website. Let us know if you need any further information.I feel it should be as long as the yahoo news op-eds
You can choose to either bring out the human angle/statistical analysis/legislative issue/contributions by immigrants/or a combination of all. It depends on what you are most comfortable with and if you have a particular educational qualification/skill/job experience/family experience due to long GC wait you can choose to add that.

Please send this op-ed to me or the media team if you are interested.

for those who want to know what an op-ed is pls visit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-Ed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-Ed

Last edited by pappu; 08-08-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Willing to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
Hello everyone,

IV would like to submit op-ed articles written by IV members to various newspapers and websites . It maybe one more avenue for us to get our voices heard and generate awareness for our cause.

We would like to invite members who either have journalism background or have good writing skills and can volunteer to write a few op-ed pieces for us. The information material is available on the resources section of the IV website. Let us know if you need any further information.

Please get in touch with me or the media team if you are interested.
I will be more than happy if I can help. Please note I do not have any journalism background.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iptel
I will be more than happy if I can help. Please note I do not have any journalism background.
Thank you for your offer and also other people who are sending me PM for this. We will try to get as many as possible so that we can submit to multiple newspapers and websites.

Last edited by pappu; 08-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold raj7480 is a splendid one to behold
Default Sending out press release

When you have these news articles ready...one of the easiest way to circulate them is using a news wire agency.

I have used http://www.prweb.com/ before for my company news releases. It is free and if you want a broader reach pay $80. It is very effective.

It is a good idea to release it when something related to immigration is going on in senate or house. During this time, all major news network pickup articles from these wires based on keywords like "immigration, border issue etc"

So make sure you add appropriate keywords when you do the release.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jimi_Hendrix will become famous soon enough
Default i am available

I have worked as a newspaper editor. I have very decent writing and editing skills. If you need help let me know.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
theperm is on a distinguished road
Default would be more than willing to help

would really like to reflect my thoughts, experience & opinion in writing, but please do note: i don`t have a journalisim background.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperm
would really like to reflect my thoughts, experience & opinion in writing, but please do note: i don`t have a journalisim background.
Thanks for the help. Journalism background is not really needed. All we need is some good writing skills to make the article impactful.

Last edited by pappu; 08-01-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05-15-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05-18-2006
Compare
mihird is on a distinguished road
Default I am willing to help too..

Again, no journalism experience, but good at composing English, in general, and vast knowledge on USA, global economics, the H1 visa program etc.. Have written to US Senators in the past.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj7480
When you have these news articles ready...one of the easiest way to circulate them is using a news wire agency.

I have used http://www.prweb.com/ before for my company news releases. It is free and if you want a broader reach pay $80. It is very effective.

It is a good idea to release it when something related to immigration is going on in senate or house. During this time, all major news network pickup articles from these wires based on keywords like "immigration, border issue etc"

So make sure you add appropriate keywords when you do the release.
Thank you for the suggestion. Having a press release is a good idea when IV does something or any legislative event happens, IV can issue a press release at that time with an opinion.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default I am done

Pappu...emailed it to u. Core IV let me knoe if u want it.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

I am also interested in helping out. Definitely on weekends.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default in case pm doesnt work

Immigration - Are we there yet?

All of us have been stuck at the DMV for hours together, trying to renew our licenses, trying to change our address or for getting married and updating our last name. Now imagine being stuck there for years together, waiting and hoping the line moves forward. This is what constitutes "being in line" for an immigration petition today. The end result is the same. You get a plastic card of limited validity, you are fingerprinted and you have your picture displayed. Only this is what is called a "green card."

For all the restrictionists out there who think immigrants are taking their jobs, stealing their women and running off with their TVs, we are just like you. Today, I own a home, am part of my homeowners association, participate in the summer block party and try to ensure that my job is not off-shored. We don’t have horns on our heads that makes us stand out from the rest of you. I don’t get paid less nor has a single American lost his job since I was hired. In fact we have grown from a department of 5 people to almost 20,with me being the only immigrant. There are thousands of people like me who have played by the rules, have come here legally and now are being subjected to the quagmire of antiquated immigration policies that make us rethink the American dream. Do you, my neighbor, want us here?

Today I received a letter from my congressman in response to a webfax asking him to support legislation for granting relief to people affected by retrogression. Retrogression for the uninitiated is the freeze on immigrant visa numbers because of an outdated immigration system. Mind you, for all the people who jump up and say "no to h1-b," this is nothing to do with a worker visa. I have already been certified by the Department of Labor and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, as an "alien with advanced degree or exceptional ability." This webfax only asked for his support for legislation that would allow the immigration policies to be updated to today's requirements.

However, my Congressman does not understand that nuance. The letter I received from him talked about my support for H1B/L1 worker visas, which I had not mentioned in my webfax. If our lawmakers do not understand the difference, how do we make our American neighbors understand this complex issue.

Immigration is a complex issue. It cannot be dealt with Lou Dobbs blaming the immigrants for all the middle class woes; it cannot be dealt with congressmen screaming no amnesty. It is a complex issue of thousands of laws, forms, advertisements and petitions. If it were not a complex issue then there would be no such thing as an immigration lawyer. Countries like Canada and Australia do not require immigration lawyers and the process is straightforward. So then naturally the question comes back of why am I still here. The reason for that is I still believe in the spirit of America. I believe in the American dream. I believe that things will work out. I believe that sanity will prevail. I believe that although I missed the boat half a century ago, I am here now and I am welcome.

Yabadaba
IV member.

Last edited by yabadaba; 08-04-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default op-ed

yabadaba , thanks a lot for the op-ed

i sent you a pm with some suggestions if you could add. Thank you also for posting it on the forum. other members can also read it and could make their op-ed different from this. you could edit your op-ed in your posting too if you change anything. Members you can post your op-eds too on the forum. You can PM me your name if you like to reveal, IV ID and email address (needed) and it can be added to your op-eds when it is submitted to media.
thanks again

Last edited by pappu; 08-02-2006 at 11:14 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Everyone,

I have recieved only one op-ed from yabadaba . Several people had promised. This is a reminder to everyone and anyone new on this forum.

For those who want to know what an op-ed is pls visit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-Ed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-Ed

thanks

Last edited by pappu; 08-08-2006 at 12:59 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
pankajkakkar has a spectacular aura about pankajkakkar has a spectacular aura about pankajkakkar has a spectacular aura about
Default Sent you on

I sent you one in a PM a few minutes ago.

Pankaj