Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Vikram Pandit, has been promoted as Chairman and CEO of the newly formed Institutional Clients Group comprising Citi Markets & Banking (CMB) and Citi Alternative Investments (CAI).

Another immigrant making a difference in corporate america. If there are high skilled immigrants, there is a deep bench for any tech or corporate needs. If immigrants leave where will the talent pool come from. Some will be home grown of course, but there will be a short fall. And since the world is what it is today, a CEO can do his job from India, China, The Bahamas or even the North Pole and these jobs will just follow the talent pool.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Perhaps you should've followed your own advice?

EOM.

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Are "we" in reality "We"? Are "We" really a nation? I think that should be the start of analysis. I am searching "India" Sangh or Mandal in USA. I have not found any one yet. If somebody has found it let me know. You can find Punjabi Sangh, Gujarati Sangh, Telugu Mandal, Kannada Mandal , Sindhi Mandal, Marathi Mandal but you will not find "India" Mandal. "We" are even ashamed to name our country the way "we" really should name it. The other day when I went to Indian Embassy for passport renewal and emphasizing to put the name "Bharat" in stead "India" the lady at counter said since you filled the form in English you should write "India"... Angered as Red hot barbeque I told her than Give me the renewal form in Hindi and embassy did not have any form to be filled in Hindi....And that speaks volumes..Anyway this comment or comments of previous posters regarding this " Hot Topic" is not suitable to the subject of this thread... So let's only opine about what IV and memebers can and should do in near future.
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dfwhunt is on a distinguished road
Default To : BharatPremi..

While your intent of asking for "bharat" is commendable..think about this..
May be we (folks that leave their motherland) have no right to complain.
So, how much ever we love our beloved motherland, we are already
traitors by running away from it. So, if we really (not just for name sake)
love our motherland, it is better to behave constructively rather than
being in the "complain mode" all the time.
Just question ourselves : What have we done to our Bharat before we
ask somebody else (including govt) to do what we want.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzByTheBay View Post
EOM.

jazz
I second that. Follow what you preach. dfwhunt is also right on the money.

Also, the official name of the country is "India" and not "Bharat" or anything else. It has to be officially changed by the Indian Govt and be notified Internationally (just like how Burma changed to Myanmar).

Writing the name differently or calling it by a different name won't change a thing. It is still just a name. It is an empty rheotric that the politicians follow when they have nothing else to do.

If one wants to change something, he/she should try contributing in the fight against poverty, contributing towards education to remove illiteracy etc (however small a person's contribution, it still makes a difference).

Apologize for posting off-topic but, could not resist from doing.

Last edited by sunny1000; 10-15-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Form in Hindi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Are "we" in reality "We"? Are "We" really a nation? I think that should be the start of analysis. I am searching "India" Sangh or Mandal in USA. I have not found any one yet. If somebody has found it let me know. You can find Punjabi Sangh, Gujarati Sangh, Telugu Mandal, Kannada Mandal , Sindhi Mandal, Marathi Mandal but you will not find "India" Mandal. "We" are even ashamed to name our country the way "we" really should name it. The other day when I went to Indian Embassy for passport renewal and emphasizing to put the name "Bharat" in stead "India" the lady at counter said since you filled the form in English you should write "India"... Angered as Red hot barbeque I told her than Give me the renewal form in Hindi and embassy did not have any form to be filled in Hindi....And that speaks volumes..Anyway this comment or comments of previous posters regarding this " Hot Topic" is not suitable to the subject of this thread... So let's only opine about what IV and memebers can and should do in near future.
that's the most irritating thing I hear...most of the people think hindi is the only language spoken in india. How about the multitude of other languages in India. If everyone starts asking for forms in their own native language, just imagine the situation. Also another thing that irritates me the most when you go to an indian consulate, you hear the people behind the counter speaking in hindi, and only turn to english when the person doesn't know hindi. the attitude also seems to go bad when they have to speak in english. again not relevant to this thread, but members stop promoting any languages here.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of

Another thread veers off the outer orbit of Pluto.. and its only 2 pages yet.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

What's in a name? Rose by any name still smells sweet.

India, Bharat, Jambu Dweep ( name of India prior to 'Bharat'), Hindustan... does it really matter? How is it relevant to the thread under discussion?If someone just reads the last few posts, he/she would get the impression that IVs next Action Item is to get India renamed as Bharat!! :P

This thread has already lost its direction, like so many others. Someone please close this thread before it branches off into newer territories like pro-Hindi vs. anti-Hindi!

Let us leave the name of the country to Executive, Legislature (parliament) and Politicians in India and lets concentrate on GC issues, Please.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys..can we pls not hijack this thread.....why are you focusing only on a single country when ppl are here from all over the world? Its tantamount to shouting/screaming a non-english dialect on the phone in a subway.....In such scenario I would def be irritated..So pls be considerate to others who are visiting the forum for sth important... i believe none of them would be interested in knowing abt the corruption of India..semmingly the only country that matters to ppl on this forum.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC08 will become famous soon enough
Talking Maybe more efficient processing

If some policy (like increasing visa #s) is hard to change, maybe, we should at least request that all the agencies process files in an efficient and orderly way. If needed (e.g., situations where visa #s are wasted, consistently not meeting process turn-around-time for 6 consecutive months for any type of application - I140, I485, AP, EAD, etc.), management should be changed due to their mismanagement and incompetency. What do you think?