Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute aadimanav has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Say No to the H-1B Fee Increase Amendment"

"
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Call to Action: Say No to the H-1B Fee Increase Amendment

The House and Senate appropriations committees are scheduled to meet this Thursday, November 1st to discuss the combination of the Defense, Military Construction-VA and the Labor-HHS-Education appropriations bills into a single bill. As part of these discussions, the committees will consider including or excluding the Grassley-Sanders amendment (H.ADMT.3396) which adds an additional $3500 fee to the already excessive H-1B visa fees. This additional $3500 is to be used towards the creation of a special education fund to promote studies in the fields of math, science, and engineering.

HLG joins the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) in strongly opposing this fee increase. The addition of such a fee would make it even more difficult for US businesses to hire skilled foreign workers. We, at HLG, are encouraging clients to voice their opposition against this fee hike by sending a letter to your Congressmen or calling the conferees directly. For further information, please see AILA’s Take Action website located: http://capwiz.com/aila2/home/ or contact your HLG attorney.
"

Source: http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice purgan is just really nice

This is just awesome.

Instead of being able to pass H1B and EB visa relief, the pro-immigration side is now just playing defensive and trying to avoid the fee increase. This despite a Democrat Congress and a President who purpotedly supports immigration reform. How much better can it get.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2005
Compare
BMS1 has a spectacular aura about BMS1 has a spectacular aura about BMS1 has a spectacular aura about

Nurses are also legal employment based immigrants who are in a category called Schedule A. Even among non-schedule A category, EB1 category is treated in higher preference to EB2 category which itself has preference to EB3. I do not think categorization of legal immigrants based on the skills and needs and giving preference to some categories is unfair by any means. If anything, this clears about 60000 visa numbers from th EB queue which is good for all EB2/EB3 legal waiting immigrants.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cameroon
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
claudia255 will become famous soon enough

Would the fee increase also apply to H1 renewal?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of asdcrajnet has much to be proud of
Default Not from 2nd renewal onwards

I was checking my last H1B renewal documents.

If it is a 2nd renewal, this fee is waived. I had my initial H1b with my company on Jan'2001, Extended on Jan'2004, Extended on March'2006(fee waived), Extended on March 2007(fee waived). If at all u moved to another company, then it will start all over again.

Also the $500 anti fraud fes is just for the 1st H1B application.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia255 View Post
Would the fee increase also apply to H1 renewal?

Last edited by asdcrajnet; 11-01-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute lost_in_migration has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the $1500 training fee(>25 employees) that is waived for 2nd extension with the same employer. Read somewhere that this $3500 'Supplemental fee' has very few exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdcrajnet View Post
I was checking my last H1B renewal documents.

If it is a 2nd renewal, this fee is waived. I had my initial H1b with my company on Jan'2001, Extended on Jan'2004, Extended on March'2006(fee waived), Extended on March 2007(fee waived). If at all u moved to another company, then it will start all over again.

Also the $500 anti fraud fes is just for the 1st H1B application.
Attended the 18th Sep rally in DC.
Sent Letters to White House and phone calls to congressmen.
Completed all action items for HR 3012 & requested friends as well.