Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy Diwali to all IV members and their families

Happy diwali to the many IV members who celebrate the festival of lights with joy and happiness.

On this wonderful ocassion, lets all look back at what IV has done and continues to do as an organization. Lets look back at the July fiasco and how IV members united for a cause. Look at all the legislative efforts IV has been working and continues to work for our cause.

Lets all start becoming more active and continue with ongoing grassroots efforts.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sathyaraj will become famous soon enough
Default Fireworks

Hopefully we will continue the fireworks before this yr to get the visa re-capture and increase in EB visas.

Happy Diwali to everyone!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough
Default *************Happy Diwali **********

Guys/Gals,

A Very Happy Diwali!!..

Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

msgs like this help establish the notion that this is an indian website dedicated to indian immigration issues. I didnt see any post wishing happy Eid/ Eid Mubarak nor did I notice last year that anyone wished a Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays, nor do we wish our Chinese friends a Happy Chinese New Year.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Compare
gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
msgs like this help establish the notion that this is an indian website dedicated to indian immigration issues. I didnt see any post wishing happy Eid/ Eid Mubarak nor did I notice last year that anyone wished a Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays, nor do we wish our Chinese friends a Happy Chinese New Year.

Well said!!

We as IV members need to understand that this group represents groups from different nations and regions. Comments such as these that create a notion that this group represents particular group of immigrants, should be outright banned.

I have seen various instances of localized dialects being used by excited/frustrated IV members. A little bit of maturity and thought while posting on this forum would help us with our cause and harm us less.

-gc_mania_03
I don't contribute anymore..I have become a student giving up my well paid job...but will participate in one time contributions when possible.
Yes, Was there at the historic rally!
Send the letters the President and IV.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -- Winston Churchill

Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts saurav_4096 is infamous around these parts
Default India has all festivals

Quote:
As Diwali is national holiday in india... same is true for Eid and Christmas.
Would greeting on Eid or Christmas will also set the notion for Indian website ?

Happy Diwali to all

Last edited by saurav_4096; 11-08-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The people who wants to be a part of American Society should first definately be a very open minded towards all cultures and social trends.
Other thing to be Indian or representing Indian traditions is not a crime but certainly every time barking against anything Indian may certainly be a crime as it is a clear indication of closed door or prejudicial mind towards one particular country and culture. Americans do not mind if one shows that he is Indian now and want to become in American future. Although they prefer that AND that is why they label Jindal as Indian-American although he born in USA. If there are majority Indians on IV board, it is not a crime but it is obvious. Some of my chienese friends on IV board may start thread for wishing chienese festival, I bet most Indians on this board will welcome and same goes with Muslim friends on IV board. Starting and wishing EID MUBARAK thread (By the way that is also a Indian tradition..And I am proud of that too) is not a crime and by now if nobody started it does not mean other people may not welcome it. If you are a Muslim, start the thread for EID Mubarak, I will be the first to welcome that step. You want to be American,, right? Then first start learning open mind and start respecting the culture of majority IV memebers first. If you would not start that now how will you settle yourself in cultural pot of the world?

If you are an Indian citizen right now take control over your inferiority complex and get over it because if you do not respect your culture or your tradition what guaranty would be there for Americans that you would respect American traditions in future. Even Americans are not fool. And how dare you pretend that people form China and other countries just stop supporting IV as they just see few threads celebrating Indian culture? So stop this bullshit now otherwise I may have to request moderators to ban you.

By the way Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Last edited by BharatPremi; 11-08-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Diwali Everyone!!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude - my perspective changed after I started living in New York City. Last week we attended a diwali event and it was just not Indians there but all nationalities were present there and everyone were greeting diwali wishes.

I lived in Bombay for 10 years and we celebrated every festival like Durga Puja, Holi, Christmas, we used to have Ramadan fast break lunches and everything.

Living in a cosmopolitan society, one must celebrate and respect every culture and their festivals. Thats the only way to achieve unity.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Nagireddi is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
The people who wants to be a part of American Society should first definately be a very open minded towards all cultures and social trends.
Other thing to be Indian or representing Indian traditions is not a crime but certainly every time barking against anything Indian may certainly be a crime as it is a clear indication of closed door or prejudicial mind towards one particular country and culture. Americans do not mind if one shows that he is Indian now and want to become in American future. Although they prefer that AND that is why they label Jindal as Indian-American although he born in USA. If there are majority Indians on IV board, it is not a crime but it is obvious. Some of my chienese friends on IV board may start thread for wishing chienese festival, I bet most Indians on this board will welcome and same goes with Muslim friends on IV board. Starting and wishing ED MUBARAK thread (By the way that is also a Indian tradition..And I am proud of that too) is not a crime and by now if nobody started it does not mean other people may not welcome it. If you are a Muslim, start the thread for ED Mubarak, I will be the first to welcome that step. You want to be American,, right? Then first start learning open mind and start respecting the culture of majority IV memebers first. If you would not start that now how will you settle yourself in cultural pot of the world?

If you are an Indian citizen right now take control over your inferiority complex and get over it because if you do not respect your culture or your tradition what guaranty would be there for Americans that you would respect American traditions in future. Even Americans are not fool. And how dare you pretend that people form China and other countries just stop supporting IV as they just see few threads celebrating Indian culture? So stop this bullshit now otherwise I may have to request moderators to ban you.

By the way Happy Diwali to you and your family.
Well said bharatpremi. Happy Diwali all

Old 11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
mp2007 will become famous soon enough
Default Happy Diwali !!!

There is nothing wrong in wishing well to other fellow members on a festive occasion. Its just that its the wrong forum to do so.

And besides this thread was started by a member and not a moderator or senior IV staff, hence its his personal view so please do not accuse IV of being partial to any particular race or ethnicity.

Please don't draw this fight out of proportion and stay focussed on our mission.

Everyone has the right to speak and if other Nationalities want to wish their fellow countrymen on their festivals they should be allowed to do so. Also, under the same protection of free speech if anyone on the forum does not agree with someone's coments they should be able to rebut and criticise them.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp2007 View Post
There is nothing wrong in wishing well to other fellow members on a festive occasion. Its just that its the wrong forum to do so.

And besides this thread was started by a member and not a moderator or senior IV staff, hence its his personal view so please do not accuse IV of being partial to any particular race or ethnicity.

Please don't draw this fight out of proportion and stay focussed on our mission.

Everyone has the right to speak and if other Nationalities want to wish their fellow countrymen on their festivals they should be allowed to do so. Also, under the same protection of free speech if anyone on the forum does not agree with someone's coments they should be able to rebut and criticise them.
Even if a Mod or an Admin wants to wish its members on festive season, there is nothing wrong about it. Even the American President wishes people on ocassions and festivals.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Let this ' Festival of Lights ' make us focus on our mission of ending Green card Backlogs. Stop us bickering on insignificant stuff to satiate our bloated egos. And show us the light of GC soon.

Happy Diwali to everyone.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Let this ' Festival of Lights ' make us focus on our mission of ending Green card Backlogs. Stop us bickering on insignificant stuff to satiate our bloated egos. And show us the light of GC soon.

Happy Diwali to everyone.
Well said. Thanks. Happy Diwali.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Even if a Mod or an Admin wants to wish its members on festive season, there is nothing wrong about it. Even the American President wishes people on ocassions and festivals.
I'm with you.