Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation ACTION ITEM: IV workgroups

Dear IV members,

The Design and Publicity work group is an active task force dedicated to creating materials to spread IV's message. We are engaged in creating posters, fliers, Cartoons and Videos, and will also be producing web related material, informational handouts and power point presentations. We are looking for active volunteers with specific related skills to work with us on these projects. If you are working in design/media/advertising etc or simply have design/drawing/writing skills and are interested in being a part of this group, please answer to this thread. We are specifically looking for someone with knowledge of the media/advertising and an understanding of web searches especially google search rankings.

We are also looking for volunteers for media contacts and content creation/analysis (needs good writing and analytical skills), work groups.

If you live in the DC area (or even within reasonable driving distance) and would like to participate in lawmaker meetings, please let us know.

Please also see Pappu's request for a volunteer to work as iv-coordinator in a separate thread.

Remember that we cannot accept anonymous members. All these groups will be privy to sensitive information and we must be able to trust our volunteers. So please complete your profiles so that we can contact you.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
Dear IV members,

The Design and Publicity work group is an active task force dedicated to creating materials to spread IV's message. We are engaged in creating posters, fliers, Cartoons and Videos, and will also be producing web related material, informational handouts and power point presentations. We are looking for active volunteers with specific related skills to work with us on these projects. If you are working in design/media/advertising etc or simply have design/drawing/writing skills and are interested in being a part of this group, please answer to this thread. We are specifically looking for someone with knowledge of the media/advertising and an understanding of web searches especially google search rankings.

We are also looking for volunteers for media contacts and content creation/analysis (needs good writing and analytical skills), work groups.

If you live in the DC area (or even within reasonable driving distance) and would like to participate in lawmaker meetings, please let us know.

Please also see Pappu's request for a volunteer to work as iv-coordinator in a separate thread.

Remember that we cannot accept anonymous members. All these groups will be privy to sensitive information and we must be able to trust our volunteers. So please complete your profiles so that we can contact you.
Sending you a PM.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have good writing skills.

Can I help?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold
Default volunteer

I'm interested in being part of this group. I realized last weekend that I'm not so great at handing out flyers and reaching out to random people.

I would rather spend my time on things that I'm good at. I can help with writing, analysis, drawing, etc.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold

I have decent writing skills and can help with writing or reviewing any documents or presentation materials. I don't live near the DC area but am willing to meet MA lawmakers locally.
--
MA Chapter

Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up thanks!

to those who replied, i'm sure iv can use all your skills
please make sure your profiles are completed, we cannot proceed without basic contact information on you.

we may eventually ask you for a resume- not that we need all the details but it does help understand background and skills and you will get a much better fit for your volunteer work. this is something we have learnt from past experience...

everyone willing to help is welcome. please do not forget the profile!!!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default bumping

calling on your high skills...iv is you and me...remember!!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute

Have analytical and writing (mostly scientific research journal type) skills. Would be glad to help where I can.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
maddunr will become famous soon enough
Default design and publicity workgroup

Hi Paskal,

I can help.

1. I have a background in design and animation and about 5 years experience in Interactive Media in the marketing department. I can help out with interactive media, some video and animation (usually requires lots of equipment), illustration, identity design.

2. Over the last 3 years, I've been working with Joomla and have a fairly good grip on its inner workings. My web sites have fairly good search engine positioning for specific keywords.

3. In addition to the above, I have fairly good writing skills.

So, let me know if I can be of any help. I have completed my profile. I assume that all information provided will be kept private

- V

Last edited by maddunr; 11-09-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

I have decent writing skills and can help.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default absolutely!

I assume that all information provided will be kept private

all contact info is for internal iv use ONLY!

Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
to those who replied, i'm sure iv can use all your skills
please make sure your profiles are completed, we cannot proceed without basic contact information on you.

we may eventually ask you for a resume- not that we need all the details but it does help understand background and skills and you will get a much better fit for your volunteer work. this is something we have learnt from past experience...

everyone willing to help is welcome. please do not forget the profile!!!

What main theme do you expect for probable resume?

Last edited by BharatPremi; 11-09-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of

Have sceintific journal/grant proposal writing skills and am good at Powerpoint. Will be glad to help.
Recurring Contribution: $50 since Dec '07
Member of IV-MD/DC/VA chapter
Link to Chapter Website

Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold

Bump
Monthly Financial Contributer

Old 11-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default no theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
What main theme do you expect for probable resume?
if you have a resume, we'll just ask you to send it along
as i said it's only purpose is to see if we can identify and match skillsets for various action itmes/iv roles/work groups. sometimes some things come up and we find great matches that way...
we are not really interested in your GPA (superlative as i'm sure that is!)