Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default New Immigration Reform this year ??

Please check this post by murthy on Non 09, 2007

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_nupush.html

On October 23, 2007, sixteen members of the New Democrat Coalition, led by the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, requested that "the House take action this year to resolve the immediate talent crisis that is facing U.S. employers." The group is pushing for reform that would increase H1B and employment based permanent residence, or "green card" quotas, before Congress adjourns this year.

Any IV updates on this ?

Yet again we have H1B and GC issues together , does this mean there is no chance that this would succeed ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Assurance

But No Assurance is there on this So far.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

Don't count on it.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post

On October 23, 2007, sixteen members of the New Democrat Coalition, led by the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, requested that "the House take action this year to resolve the immediate talent crisis that is facing U.S. employers." The group is pushing for reform that would increase H1B and employment based permanent residence, or "green card" quotas, before Congress adjourns this year.

Any IV updates on this ?

Yet again we have H1B and GC issues together , does this mean there is no chance that this would succeed ?
slightly offtopic:
Its funny that you linked to Murthy's website for such news, as they are typically the slowest to pick up anything like this. Mathhew Oh is fast... and some IV member (or core itself) the fastest.
This was discussed on IV (& even a link to the exact letter posted) the very day it became public:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14821 (New Democrat Coalition)

visit IV often to check for such updates, if something comes up we'll all need to mobilize quickly (phone/fax campaigns)

Old 11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default A file of letters 100 pages thick .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post

Any IV updates on this ?

This year has seen like a 100 letters go back and forth between the house and senate on High skilled immigration , and we are where we were . The only outcome that the senators have had is they have improved their letter writing skills , and the only advantage nancy pelosi has had is that she is now the proud owner of a file which by now is 100 letters thick all pleading her to reform the immigration process and how prodly she can proclaim that she has done NOTHING to improve our plight .

SORRY to SAY this but cannot help but be sarcastic.

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_chahiye View Post
slightly offtopic:
Its funny that you linked to Murthy's website for such news, as they are typically the slowest to pick up anything like this. Mathhew Oh is fast... and some IV member (or core itself) the fastest.
This was discussed on IV (& even a link to the exact letter posted) the very day it became public:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14821 (New Democrat Coalition)

visit IV often to check for such updates, if something comes up we'll all need to mobilize quickly (phone/fax campaigns)
Very well said. Nancy Pelosi was very assiduous in bringing a resolution on Armenian Genocide that happenned over 100 years ago!! So, she may NOT have time to work on "Current" world matters!

My post is not intended to lighten the Armenian Genocide event.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice
Default Immigration Dead For The Year

both the parties have decided not to touch immigration at all this year (till elections) they have decided against any increase in any numbers (h1b's, GC's) etc, so much so that the senate are requesting chertoff (homeland security secretary) to increase the OPT time for international student to 2.5 years so they can temp overide the h1b jam.

Last edited by bugmenot; 11-11-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
both the parties have decided not to touch immigration at all this year (till elections) they have decided against any increase in any numbers (h1b's, GC's) etc, so much so that the senate are requesting chertoff (homeland security secretary) to increase the OPT time for international student to 2.5 years so they can temp overide the h1b jam.
You seem to be knowing what really is happening there in DC. If yes, why are you not part of the IV team that is working for our issues?

We are hearing otherwise from IV. We trust IV.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

Did you hear Sen. Grasley last week? There are many bills to be concluded before the end of the year. There is a lot of pressure from corporate America right now. The US economy can ill afford to alienate capitalists at this juncture.
There are also other skill sets like Medicine, Nursing and other areas where there are well documented shortages, the issues of these fields have been held up in the overall debate over H1bs. Legislators are aware they have to address these also.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV000 View Post
Very well said. Nancy Pelosi was very assiduous in bringing a resolution on Armenian Genocide that happenned over 100 years ago!! So, she may NOT have time to work on "Current" world matters!

My post is not intended to lighten the Armenian Genocide event.
Have you watched "Ararat", the movie? You will understand why the particular issue is important for Armenians. Let us just focus on high skilled legal immigration.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=