Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default United States v/s Arizona

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/..._AZlawsuit.pdf

Justice Department Files Suit Against Arizona Immigration Law

The Justice Department on Tuesday filed a lawsuit challenging Arizona's immigration law, claiming the law is "invalid" and "must be struck down." Read More
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future hebron has a brilliant future

Wishful thinking - Would be nice if the court went against AZ and asked the congress and senate to resolve the issue soon through legislative action. Republicans will be against any sort of amnesty, so not a thing will happen till November, but there may be chances of piecemeal legislations to address legal immigration issues if Republicans get the majority.

I have paid over $10 K in attorney fees so far and Obama wants to legalize the illegals who broke the law by granting them amnesty and asking them to pay a "fine"? If this happened in our home country, wouldn't we all do the same and think the same as the people of Arizona? I'm in favor of AZ taking this initiative .

Last edited by hebron; 07-06-2010 at 04:57 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute

Your need to also wish that legal immigration issue is included in the bill as senators might CIR at the expense of the legal immig issue......you do not provide them the votes they need

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebron View Post
Wishful thinking - Would be nice if the court went against AZ and asked the congress and senate to resolve the issue soon through legislative action.

Donated to IV

Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/..._AZlawsuit.pdf

Justice Department Files Suit Against Arizona Immigration Law

The Justice Department on Tuesday filed a lawsuit challenging Arizona's immigration law, claiming the law is "invalid" and "must be struck down." Read More
Sometimes a rule/law might be an unpopular one, but the right one. All popular ones does not mean they are correct. People who have the guts to make unpopular / but the right decisions and enact them are the real leaders. This time, either this year or next year, we will know if CIR is driven by real Leader's or Politician who exploit any situation to increase their chances to stay longer in power.
Also do not see much media attention to anything related to CIR. May be it an election year politics that drive things now !!!
If this law suit translates into some action to address this broken immigration system, then it is a good one !!! Will have to wait and see ....

Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarzumaran View Post
Over 60% of the US and 90% of Arizona supports the law they passed. Obama and his Attorney General are doing the wrong thing by interfering with state politics. How can these high ranking officials tell state law enforcement NOT TO enforce laws? The Supreme court will favor AZ even before the case starts. Slam Dunk.

those numbers.... 60% or 90% are all doctored...... and i'll look at the poll numbers only if both the following conditions are true -

1.) if i've no brain of my own to differentiate between right or wrong, so i must rely on the poll numbers to help me choose my position

2.) if i'm a cheap bastard running to get elected in some useless office ..... therefore i must do what is popular than what is right.... i must give up my conscience and i must choose my position looking at the poll numbers......

i'm afraid that neither of these two conditions apply on me..... so i'll have to disagree with u.....

so much for u'r slam dunk...... come back and read this after the decision by the US supreme court...... state of arizona does not have legal jurisdiction over federal immigration law. no matter how much evil we see around us... this world is made up of good men and women..... AZ will lose..... federal government is asking AZ to enforce the existing law and disband their illegal & illegitimate bill sb1070 becoz its in violation of the constitution of the country..... applying existing federal law will take supremacy over "AZ immigration law" ........

Last edited by ronhira; 07-07-2010 at 01:39 AM.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Over 60% of the US and 90% of Arizona supports the law they passed. Obama and his Attorney General are doing the wrong thing by interfering with state politics. How can these high ranking officials tell state law enforcement NOT TO enforce laws? The Supreme court will favor AZ even before the case starts. Slam Dunk.
"In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own."
~ Alexis de Tocqueville

Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Immigration issues are handled by the Federal govt and Arizona is encroaching upon the Fed, and making laws - that is why the Obama govt is calling it unconstitutional.

Secondly, if you want the green card, you better support the feds. Reason, if other states keep passing laws such as AZ, even if nothing happens initially to the legal immigrants - it won't be long before you will be targeted.

Besides, which state law should the USCIS confer to? If your wait is long now, if you believe that USCIS is inefficient - just wait until all the states pass AZ laws..............

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default i am starting to wonder..

i am starting to wonder, if you are for real. your profile is empty. All your previous posts are derogatory and you accused the american president in your previous posts. I am wondering whats the basis you are here in IV and if you a green card case that you have applied and waiting..

Quote:
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/28/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a fan of AZ law, but I'm delighted that it has pushed immigration issue to the forefront, forced federal govt's hand and jolted it out of its inaction. Many a battles will be won/lost over immigration in Nov 2010 elections.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent

ronhira,
Excellent qoute. You have done your research very well. I live in South and have concluded that many people blindly follow the Radio talk show hosts. They do not have any information and just repeat what these radio talk shows say. Last week one caller who called to criticize Obama for decision on Gen. McCrystal; had not even read the article that the General wrote.
Many so called supporters of AZ law, don't know what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
"In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own."
~ Alexis de Tocqueville

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
i am starting to wonder, if you are for real. your profile is empty. All your previous posts are derogatory and you accused the american president in your previous posts. I am wondering whats the basis you are here in IV and if you a green card case that you have applied and waiting..
This guy 'oscarzumaran' just got his GC, thats the reason he has turned an anti-immigrant now.... "I'm in so let me close the door on everyone else".. that seems to be his theory!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus777 View Post
Not a fan of AZ law, but I'm delighted that it has pushed immigration issue to the forefront, forced federal govt's hand and jolted it out of its inaction. Many a battles will be won/lost over immigration in Nov 2010 elections.
agree with you..........
need a few more things to go wrong before the fed really wakes up and does something right this time around!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default big question.

but the bigger question is are you even an immigrant? If not, why are you here? If you are, what is your status? have you filed for green card application, did u get it already, or whats the deal? We are all wondering if you are just leeching around giving your free opinion around here.

Quote:
No. I am not anti-immigrant. I am anti-illegal immigrant. I know the AZ law very well coz I read it not like many who seem to listen to talk radio. Good opinions can be formed only with good knowledge and we don't need evryone to have an opinion. Most should only subscribe to an opinion otherwise there will only be infighting and no progress.

President Obama just lost a good chance to gain democratic majority in Nov. Now people are saying....why is the fed govt. not letting a state protect its citizens?

Also the fact that a lawsuit is brought against AZ shows that the real wider immigration issue is not to be touched.
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
No. I am not anti-immigrant. I am anti-illegal immigrant.
Some people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default u still didnt answer my question..

you still didnt answer my question, who are you and why are you here and that too sneakily...(). Caught you pretty good eh??

Quote:
To solve the EB immigration issue, we need to focus on issues that are pertinent to the problem. How and why does it matter what my status is? I know the truth hurts, but just coz someone does not like it, does not change it. I am not giving my opinion - it's the truth.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.