Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling all EB-3s to work against the country quota

Please refer to the below thread regarding the latest updates from USCIS.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post1976349

I thank the IV leadership for providing the community with this information.

The crux of the above updates is that EB3-I is doomed, if there is no legislative action.

When I think about the various possible legislative actions, the only thing which has at least a minuscule chance of passing is the scrapping of country quota in EB immigration. We have a powerful argument supporting this change, which is that "currently, it is easier for an EB immigrant from a terrorist sponsoring country to get green card compared to a person from a non-terrorist sponsoring democracy."

I believe this argument will appeal to the general US public including anti-immigrants.

I request IV leadership to take some specific action regarding this. I request any other IV member who are interested in this to come forward and suggest ideas regarding how we can proceed on this.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I second it

This is the expected outcome of the analysis. We need more active members to fight for this provision.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Backlog

We have talked about this when we have met with the Senators/Congressmen in the month of June when we have collected together for advocacy efforts. I am sure that there are many people who still believe that there will be some magic rule that will change our long wait. But I honestly feel unless we take our efforts together with IV backing nothing will be achieved easily. We have to conduct more meetings with Senators/Congress men to educate them more about our issues. I will definitely come forward to get in this agenda.

Eventually it is the number of people matters to this that can help us to raise the voice together.
To contribute, please click here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate

https://twitter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...282011-2012%29

Got Greened in October 2013.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post
We have talked about this when we have met with the Senators/Congressmen in the month of June when we have collected together for advocacy efforts. I am sure that there are many people who still believe that there will be some magic rule that will change our long wait. But I honestly feel unless we take our efforts together with IV backing nothing will be achieved easily. We have to conduct more meetings with Senators/Congress men to educate them more about our issues. I will definitely come forward to get in this agenda.

Eventually it is the number of people matters to this that can help us to raise the voice together.

Amen

Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2010
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts isantem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post

The crux of the above updates is that EB3-I is doomed, if there is no legislative action.

When I think about the various possible legislative actions, the only thing which has at least a minuscule chance of passing is the scrapping of country quota in EB immigration. We have a powerful argument supporting this change, which is that "currently, it is easier for an EB immigrant from a terrorist sponsoring country to get green card compared to a person from a non-terrorist sponsoring democracy."

I believe this argument will appeal to the general US public including anti-immigrants.

I request IV leadership to take some specific action regarding this. I request any other IV member who are interested in this to come forward and suggest ideas regarding how we can proceed on this.
You are saying this just because you are EB-3 2003 India, and if the country limit elimination will happen, probably next year ALL EB-3 will be around December 2003. You are such a selfish and narrow minded!

Look what is happening at eb2 India, after eb2ROW is current they are getting all the spillover, so what is the problem with the country limit?
You are really think that this will solve the problem, YES, probably for YOU, but the rest is the same shit, They will wait 10 years instead of 15!!!
The only problem solver is no visa wasting and visa recapture!!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Compare
CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute
Default 500 Visa's law suit

USCIS said it allocated 500 of EB3-I visas to ROW and somebody also said why can't they do it the other way i,e take that ROW visas and allocate back it to EB3-I. It is only fair! USCIS cannot just say this doesn't happen again and expect us to believe it.
I don't mind spending a few thousand dollars of my own and get those 500 visas back to
Eb3-I . I am really angry at USCIS because people infront of me got GCs, people later in the line got GCs, people who bought LCs got GCs and they expect me to patiently wait in line doing the same thing I did seven years and with no where end in site.
I know there must have been some discussion about this but there must be a way to hold somebody acountable for this? I know somebody will reply to this saying GC is a privelege and blah blah ..but that doesn't mean USCIS can do what ever it wants..
I am willing to contribute money and time to sue USCIS in any possible way we can so that somebody is held accountable for making my life stand still!

Cheers

Old 08-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

You really don't need a lawsuit to achieve this.
Persistence and pressure from IV can achieve this. If IV could change the spillover rules saying DOS/USCIS was interpreting law incorrectly, fixing this issue is even easier. All it needs is some will.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hands640 is on a distinguished road

There are lots of people under EB3 but most of them just like me is still in our own countries, those who are in the US are a bit luckier. I am from the Philippines and under EB1 & EB2, the PD is current for many months now, and most of us are in the healthcare. We are waiting & wishing for a visa recapture soon.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default what is possible in this climate

I agree 100% with many members who rightfully think that only visa recapture and lack of visa wastage is the real solution to the EB visa mess. But can visa recapture happen in the near future? Even if IV raise a million dollars and spend all that money on advocacy efforts, will a visa recapture happen?

For the average American, visa recapture is increasing GC count by 200K (the visa recapture number). Antis can very easily twist this number and say the US citizens and GC holders lost another 200K jobs to foreigners. And pretty much the whole country is in a mood to believe this propaganda.

So what do we do? We need to present a solution, that has only positive impact. In this climate, this is the only thing which has at least some possibility of passing.

Am I being selfish here? Of course I am. Is there any person in this forum who thinks that I am here for getting salvation?

Old 08-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts

Quote:

All countries (EB-3) are in the same boat as India and China. Even if you are born in Europe and in EB-3 category the wait approximately is same as that of India or China...

Old 08-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinasmith View Post
All countries (EB-3) are in the same boat as India and China. Even if you are born in Europe and in EB-3 category the wait approximately is same as that of India or China...
check the numbers... Dont mix ROW with India / China. India and China has as many apps pending as that of "WHOLE" of ROW combined together or even more.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree 100% with many members who rightfully think that only visa recapture and lack of visa wastage is the real solution to the EB visa mess. But can visa recapture happen in the near future? Even if IV raise a million dollars and spend all that money on advocacy efforts, will a visa recapture happen?

For the average American, visa recapture is increasing GC count by 200K (the visa recapture number). Antis can very easily twist this number and say the US citizens and GC holders lost another 200K jobs to foreigners. And pretty much the whole country is in a mood to believe this propaganda.

So what do we do? We need to present a solution, that has only positive impact. In this climate, this is the only thing which has at least some possibility of passing.

Am I being selfish here? Of course I am. Is there any person in this forum who thinks that I am here for getting salvation?
May be true. But we cant sit idle and say nothing can be changed. If we see , from where we are in 2005 to now. IV had made big difference. There were many admin fixes that helped. we could file 485 etc. But you are right Country whole country is in propaganda mood no place for reality. something needs to be done here... May be change the spill over rules so atleast EB3 will also get some benefit ? Eb2's dont jump on me. ofcourse as many were I am also looking at porting my app to EB2 so I am not stuck in this boat for ever.

Alternatives exist on recap numbers .. numbers can be split across 1-3 years to show they are for poeple who are already working... etc... not necessarily everything might fall down in house/senate. Keep trying... something better than nothing.

I see only these options for EB3:

1. Port to EB2 - (2-3 years for processing , all the basic steps... etc. etc.)
2a. Fight and be more active ... meet lawmakers and personally request for thier help. atleast this will help in raising our voice
2b. Request for Admin fix relief wherever possible
3. Do nothing , sit back and relax for next 20 years to come.

Last edited by bigboy007; 08-08-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Closed Thread