Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next Attorney Confrence call

IV Members,
Attorney Prashanthi Reddy will be taking up questions on individual case problems as posed by members on this thread for free.

When:
Thursday, August 19, 2010 at 9:00 pm EST.

Dial in details:
Dial in: 1-712-432-3030
Code: 436964

To be able to ask questions, please note that following:
  1. You have to be IV members, and have your profile updated.
  2. You may ask questions ahead of time on this thread or send the question to IVCOORDINATOR@GMAIL.COM
  3. Please be aware that you must be present in the conference call for the attorney to take up the question asked on the forums.
  4. Have your questions formatted well with relevant details only and keep the questions simple and direct.
  5. Depending on our member participation, we will have these calls on a regular basis, with a set date and time.
  6. Questions must be only for your own personal case issues and the focus needs to be on your individual case issues.
  7. The call will be moderated and everyone follows the rules set by the moderator.

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION:
- There is no need to share your last name in the questions on this thread, or your corporate email addresses, or company names. You may chose to use a nickname or a nome-de-plume to identify yourself when you pose the question on this thread.

- You may want to pose questions from a personal computer (or personal internet connection). Neither Immigration Voice nor the attorney website posted here have control over editing if you mention or publish your email or your company names as part of any recordings or postings/transcripts. When members do send in this information with their questions, it only creates additional overheads to edit such information. If you indeed are mentioning your personal information over a conference call, do note that you are doing this at your own discretion and out of your own free will, and Immigration Voice or the featured Attorney Service is in no way liable for such information you have divulged at any time.

- Questions posed become the property of Immigration Voice or the featured Attorney Service for publication on the internet, print, voice or other media.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS:
By participating in any conference calls or reviewing a transcript or recording of any conference calls, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:

The information provided during these conference calls as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.

IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Last edited by StarSun; 08-18-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Members, please note that IV is bringing back the Conference Call with Attorney Prashanthi Reddy. Please note that participation from our members will allow us to continue this program on a regular basis.

Please post your questions as well as be on the conference call to ask and follow up with the attorney.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Is this call GC specific questions related or can we ask OPT/H1/Cap Gap questions also?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Is this call GC specific questions related or can we ask OPT/H1/Cap Gap questions also?
You can ask any personal Immigration application related questions. The attorney is qualified to answer any Green card related, F1, H1, L1, Visitor visa, EAD OPT etc and even Family visa questions.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future
Default A quick question ! !

Pappu,

Do I need to post my question on this thread or I can pass it on before in time to StarSun or you? B'cause posting my GC issue with personal information would not look appropriate on a public forum.

Let me know.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
Pappu,

Do I need to post my question on this thread or I can pass it on before in time to StarSun or you? B'cause posting my GC issue with personal information would not look appropriate on a public forum.

Let me know.
If you have privacy concerns (you should not be as everyone is identified only by their usernames on IV forum) you can email starsun and then be available to ask it yourself in the call

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Can we post a question now or only after 8:30PM Thursday?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
Pappu,
Let me know.
If there are personal details that is related to the question, please send the details to IVCOORDINATOR@GMAIL.COM Have the subject line:
IV Username, Aug 19, Conf call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Can we post a question now or only after 8:30PM Thursday?
You have to be present to ask the question on the call, and therefore we prefer if you posted the questions on Thursday.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The conference call will be for 45 min to an hour, take advantage of this opportunity...
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute CHHAYA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Conf Call Details

I have never joined to IV conference call so I don't know which number to dial and also if any pin or passcode number is required. Please give details of conference call.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2010
Compare
garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough
Default Changing Employer after Greencard

Could you please provide more information about changing employers after getting the green card. I have not used AC21 and do not intend to switch before the GC is approved.

Thanks.

- Contributed over $500 to IV
- Got the GC after about 7 years of stay in the US.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHHAYA View Post
I have never joined to IV conference call so I don't know which number to dial and also if any pin or passcode number is required. Please give details of conference call.
The conference dial in details will be posted by tomorrow.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com

Old 08-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

/\/\/

===================
-----------

Old 08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

Some Background:
My employer filed for my residency in 2008. Per my employer, my PD is Jan 2008 and my I140 has been approved. My 6th year on H1B will be over in August 2011.

My questions to Attorney Reddy are as follows:
1. Can I switch employers now and retain my old PD?
2. Since I do not have a copy of the I140, would the employer be able to withdraw my I140 application?
3. Will I be able to get a 3 year extension on my H1B with the new employer based on my approved I140?

Please let me know. And many thanks to Ms. Reddy for providing this great service to the immigrant community

Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/26/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold
Default Renewing h4

Both me and my wife are working on EAD.
Our AOS is pending since the July 2007 surge.
My company lawyer recently renewed my H1 (to have it as a backup) and also suggested that we renew my wife's H4.
I received my H1 approval and wife received her H4 approval.
I also visited India and re-entered USA on a new H1 stamp.
My lawyer himself is worried now whether he got my wife into H4 status since her approval in May and that since she continued working, he is worried that she technically "worked while on H4" which is not allowed, based on the last action rule.
Can you advise if we have created any issue by renewing her h4?
Also what is the remedy for this.

According to me this should be of NO issues, since a person is allowed to maintain his/her H status while AOS is pending, as per the dual intent doctrine. Also I think the last action rule is applicable within a specific category. For example when a person applies for h1/h4 at almost the same time, both are non-immigrant categories, then if USCIS approves h1 first and h4 later, then the last action rule would get applied and technically person would become h4. BUT this should not affect the AOS application since its a totally different category, thats a immigrant category.

Please advise if we did anything wrong by renewing her H4 and any solution to fix this.