Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john2255 will become famous soon enough
Default To IV core, Omnibus Bill is Scheduled to act on Tuesday

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...007-12-13.html

Leading The News
Pelosi expects Tuesday vote on omnibus; new continuing resolution expires Dec. 21.
By Alex Bolton | Posted: 12/13/07 5:03 PM [ET]
December 13, 2007

Democratic leaders hope to finish the 11 annual spending bills over the weekend and vote on an omnibus package early next week.

At a press conference Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) sketched a tentative schedule for legislation funding the government next year.

“Right now we’re engaged in a four-way negotiation on what the bill will be,” said Pelosi, in reference to talks between Senate Democrats, Senate Republicans, House Democrats and House Republicans. “And we will wait and see what emerges from that, and I hope it would be soon.”

“We would love to have it up on the Internet over the weekend and in the Rules Committee on Monday and on the floor on Tuesday,” said Pelosi of the omnibus. “That is our hope.”

But that does not mean necessarily the Congress will adjourn early next week. The House has passed a stopgap measure funding government until Dec. 21.

White House press secretary Dana Perino said a final spending deal with Democrats is coming into focus, although she cautioned that lawmakers must resolve important details.

“We don’t know what their top line would be; we don’t know what policies they might try to put into the bill; we don’t know what tax increases they might try to put into the bill,” said Perino. “But in general we’re encouraged that we can get to an endgame here.”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), however, sounded a note of caution.

“As we speak, there is no agreement on spending,” he said.

The prospects of an agreement between Congress and the White House improved substantially Wednesday when Democratic leaders announced they would cut spending in the omnibus to the $933 billion overall limit set by President Bush.

Democrats have also floated the possibility of adding $3.7 billion in emergency spending for veterans’ healthcare.

“I think there’s a lot of rumors and a lot of discussion out there,” said Perino, when asked whether the president might accept added funding for veterans. “And the president has said his number is $933 billion, and we’ll see what they come up with.”

The House held its last vote of the week Thursday afternoon.

Rep. Collin Peterson (D-Minn.), chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, said he believed the Senate would likely finish its work on the farm bill Thursday evening.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
john2255 will become famous soon enough

bump

Old 12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of

I am pretty sure IV CORE is aware of this.

This was published to the public, but IV usually has much more details than what we get to hear. For obvious reasons IV CORE will not disclose everything to everyone.

As per Pappu's last comment on Friday, IV CORE will inform us if there are any action items.

For right now:

* Join your State Chapters
* Contribute to funding drive

These are just my thoughts......