Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default 1/2 of Sept Gone..No Relief in Sight

We all waited for arrival of Sept for the congress to pass legislation....No Releif in sight for retrogression,backlog??.

We are caught in a whirlpoll no escape....

The backloggers sitting in the BEC are moving towards a dangerous path...thier labors being stuck and the pre-approved substitution going away in April07 and if you are in the 6+ years extension....you are in the red zone...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6
pre-approved substitution going away in April07 .

Really, has this been officially confirmed now? If so, thanks Goodness!!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default Pre-approved labor going away?

Is that true?
If yes , Yes it is a good news -- is that in April 2007 ?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

i hope they implement this rule retroactively...desi companies file dozens of labor certs and are selling them for cash money once approved

Old 09-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qplearn will become famous soon enough
Default can someone explain

What does all this mean? If they don't clear the backlogs, will it not hurt those who have applied for labor cert? Why is the going away of pre-approved labor good?

Am I missing something? Can someone please explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njboy
i hope they implement this rule retroactively...desi companies file dozens of labor certs and are selling them for cash money once approved

Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Technical explanation ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qplearn
What does all this mean? If they don't clear the backlogs, will it not hurt those who have applied for labor cert? Why is the going away of pre-approved labor good?

Am I missing something? Can someone please explain?
Labor sutstitution allows to re-use the labor certification for some other employee with matching skills at a future date. This is going to get dropped in future, If I understand it right i.e. in April 2007.

It will be good for the people in the Que because , it will not let some one else to get in to que and grab a Green card number.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qplearn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_gc_way
Labor sutstitution allows to re-use the labor certification for some other employee with matching skills at a future date. This is going to get dropped in future, If I understand it right i.e. in April 2007.

It will be good for the people in the Que because , it will not let some one else to get in to que and grab a Green card number.

Thanks. That explains how a person I know who started his GC process after I did got a PD that was much before mine; in fact, he already has a green card. He works for one of those companies that sponsor several people, and must have misused this system.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default no body knows

Nobody knows when this law will become effective. I have not seen April 2007 anywhere. AILA is against it as it will impact their billion dollar business. I dont know where you got this date.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Pani_6

Pani_6 where did you get the date, April 2007?