Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of
Default Realistic chances of immigration relief

I've sent the letters to the WH and IV. Hoping for the best.

I, however, have some questions for the senior members of the IV team. Especially for the ones who are active in the lobbying efforts in Congress and the White House. How realistic are the chances for Green card visa numbers relief, even for the longer term? It seems like there are immigrants from 2 countries - India and China who are adversely effected by the low visa numbers. If one is an immigrant for any other part of the world, it actually isnt that hard to get a Green Card thru employer sponsorship. That being the case, do you think Washington would consider this an issue that needs expedient resolution or for that matter an issue that needs a resolution at all?

Dont want to sound like a downer in this inspiring thread, but at the same time, any answers to my question will be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Compare
iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice

EB3 ROW is also affected greatly. I am sure they would also be involved in this.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1125 View Post
I've sent the letters to the WH and IV. Hoping for the best.

I, however, have some questions for the senior members of the IV team. Especially for the ones who are active in the lobbying efforts in Congress and the White House. How realistic are the chances for Green card visa numbers relief, even for the longer term? It seems like there are immigrants from 2 countries - India and China who are adversely effected by the low visa numbers. If one is an immigrant for any other part of the world, it actually isnt that hard to get a Green Card thru employer sponsorship. That being the case, do you think Washington would consider this an issue that needs expedient resolution or for that matter an issue that needs a resolution at all?

Dont want to sound like a downer in this inspiring thread, but at the same time, any answers to my question will be greatly appreciated.
In this highly charged anti immigration environment, chances for direct relief could be 50 50. That said, it is possible that the administration is looking seriously into fixing issues in some form or the other.

We MUST keep trying and never lose hope.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great

We need people like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecollarslave View Post
Thanks! I am in Virginia.

Thanks to needhelp for the reference.

Is it advisable to include a reference to the Ombudsman report in the letter to the President? I am talking about the earlier mentioned reference on page 33 stating that "since 1994 there have been over 218,000 un-recaptured employment-based visas lost due to underutilization of the employment-based visas."

Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is good

I am from California. How can I ask this question?

Quote:
I posted the following question for the Nevada Presidential debate. I urge all of you, specially if you are from Nevada, to ask a similar question.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22574335
http://www.januarydebate.com

"Illegal immigration has been a topic of heated debate and has received much needed attention during this election. Many of you have taken a strong position on one side or the other of this issue while ignoring the problems of aspiring legal immigrants. In the midst of all the hype and bickering about ILLEGAL immigration, there is a group of people, often forgotten and ignored, who are caught up in a bureaucratic mess and stuck in a limbo, patiently waiting on the path to LEGAL immigration. This is a group of high skilled workers, most of whom have advanced degrees in medicine, engineering and science from Universities in the US. These people have worked hard, paid taxes and waited their turn, many for a decade, without the end anywhere near sight because of a system that is hopelessly broken and inefficient. I am one of those people. I have been here legally for 10 years and still years away from the realizing the dream of immigrant status.

As the President of the United States how do you intend to address the problems faced by future Americans already living and working LEGALLY in the United States?
"

For the skeptics-

I know the chances of including such a question are really slim, specially with the sponsors they have. However, if a lot of us ask similar questions, maybe they might bring it up.

Also, one might argue that even if they pose the question its not like all the backlogs are going to be eliminated. Thats not the expectation here. The idea behind this is to create an awareness and start people/media talking about problems of legal immigration.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default have put them in mail!

I have put the 2 letters in mail, one to Washington and another one to IV.

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light

I have sent the letters today to WH and IV.
I have also sent group emails to my batchmates from my engg college asking them to join IV. I think everyone should do that - this will help IV to Increase its Memberships.
I had one more suggestion too - (this has recd less support in the past).
we need to put in a statement that many legals are not buying a house because of the uncertainity in the GC process. even the congressmen will be more patient with our cause when we mention housing.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Letter Sent

I have sent the letter to WH will post the IV copy shortly. Also forwarded it to other friends.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of mhathi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner5555 View Post
I have sent the letters today to WH and IV.
I have also sent group emails to my batchmates from my engg college asking them to join IV. I think everyone should do that - this will help IV to Increase its Memberships.
I had one more suggestion too - (this has recd less support in the past).
we need to put in a statement that many legals are not buying a house because of the uncertainity in the GC process. even the congressmen will be more patient with our cause when we mention housing.
I doubt if this is true. There was a poll created a while back that asked this question to everyone, and fully 50% or more had already bought a house even though they had not even reached the 485 stage. I personally would not wait for GC to buy the house. If the status quo remains, it will probably be 5-6 years before they even take up my case for consideration. The housing market would certainly have recovered by then. Barring local minima and maxima, the overall trend in the housing market is always of a somewhat steady and gradual incline.

Just my 2 cents.
Recurring Contribution: $50 since Dec '07
Member of IV-MD/DC/VA chapter
Link to Chapter Website

Old 01-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Compare
iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice iv_only_hope is just really nice
Default Update

Folks,
I have encouraged ppl on and have started a thread there. Hopefully ppl will send letters.

http://www..com/discussion-f...955/last-page/

Greg Siskind is also up:

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...ation-voi.html

Can anyone get in touch with Sheela Murthy? She is reputed and she might post it on her website.

Last edited by iv_only_hope; 01-15-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of
Default how to submit your question to Nevada debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by santb1975 View Post
I am from California. How can I ask this question?
Try one of these links -

Hopefully its not too late. The debate is today evening, so hurry!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iv_only_hope View Post
Folks,
I have encouraged ppl on and have started a thread there. Hopefully ppl will send letters.

http://www..com/discussion-f...955/last-page/

Greg Siskind is also up:

http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/200...ation-voi.html

Can anyone get in touch with Sheela Murthy? She is reputed and she might post it on her website.
Thanks a lot.

All,
Please post this campaign information on all other websites, forums and blogs.

Please also contact your immigration lawyers and request them to send the message to all their clients as well as post on their websites.

In your company if you have a bulletin board or internet group where you can post this information, pls do so to inform others that maybe interested in participating in this campaign.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2007
Compare

Quote:
Try one of these links -

Questions posted for debate. Hopefully they will pick up one.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

bump

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default I asked the question anyway

We will see. I posted my question on Januarydebate.com

Quote:
Try one of these links -