Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

FL members ... let get this party going
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about guyfromsg has a spectacular aura about
Default GA members..

Let's start working on this campaign. If you are in Georgia and not part of GA google group, please send me an email with your name and phone number. Click the link below to join the group.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought, should we instead all request humbly and earnestly instead of urging the President of the United States to do something without delay?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of
Cool Grammatical Error - Para 6

The more than half million highly-skilled legal immigrants already working productively in the United States find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended.

It should read as, "There are more than half million highly-skilled legal immigrants already working productively in the United States who find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

All of those fixes are non controversial and can be acheivable within short time. It does not require months like legistrative fixes

Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of
Cool Suggestion to IV leadership - amended last para

>>>>I earnestly urge you to implement these administrative remedies without delay, otherwise many immigrant families who came to USA legally to become a part of the “American Dream”, will continue to stay in a limbo. Your help is urgently needed. Your action will also fulfill your stated goal of attracting and retaining highly-skilled legal immigrants from around the world, eliminating bureaucratic inefficiency, and improving the lives of future Americans already living and working legally in the United States.<<<<<

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question: Why 2 copies?

Quick question.

IV has asked for 2 copies, one to the President and one to IV. Couple of questions on that.

1) Does the letter addressed to the President need to be in a seperate stamped envelope?
2) What is the reason behind 2 copies?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Folks from New England Area (MA, ME, VT, RI & NH)

Let's start working on this campaign. If you are in MA, ME, VT, RI & NH and not part of New England Yahoo group, please send me an email with your name and phone number. Click the link below to join the group

Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Will try to answer to my best ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Quick question.

IV has asked for 2 copies, one to the President and one to IV. Couple of questions on that.

1) Does the letter addressed to the President need to be in a seperate stamped envelope?
eb3_Nepa, definitely the letter to the President has to be in a separate stamped envelope and hand written is preferable.

Reason behind 2 copies is that IV also want to collect the copies of all the letters sent out to the President. So that when we talk to the administration, we can show them how many folks are being affected because of this GC retrogressions.

I hope i have answered your questions.

Senior/Core members if my explanation is not right please delete or edit my post.

GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice
Default 2 copies

Are both copies to be sent to the IV mailbox ?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Quick question.

Hello eb3_nepa

1) (copy 1)please send a separate letter to the President.
2) (copy 2)Send a copy of that letter to IV. After the letters are sent to the President, IV will have a meeting with senior administration officials. In that meeting we will carry the copies of the letters and deliver to them.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Compare
bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of
Default wee edit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalGC View Post
The more than half million highly-skilled legal immigrants already working productively in the United States find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended.

It should read as, "There are more than half million highly-skilled legal immigrants already working productively in the United States who find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended.
or....
There are more than a half million highly-skilled legal immigrants legally working in the United States, yet are trapped in a bureaucratic and unbearably slow system that is reminiscent of quota systems in former Eastern Bloc countries.

-If we are working productively, then what is the problem to them?
-if we bring up the dreaded "quota" word and tie it to communism, this will have more impact. (They're products of the cold war, these folks.)

Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Let's get cracking!

Thank you for the initiative IV core, now it is upto this community to take up the suggested action items and make it a HUGE success!

I am excited about these suggested administrative fixes:
1. Filing for AOS without PD being current... the inability to do so is the bane of our life!
2. EAD's effective for three years
3. Same job description=> Similar job description... this will allow us to take promotions and transfers easily... something to highlight to our employers

Everyone, let's make this a grand success!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 01-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Initiative

I am in India right now but I will handwrite the letters and post them when I get back. I will post this on the So.Cal group as well. Let's do this

Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

Let's do it.

Bump.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00