Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default immigrationvoice.org Who we really are and what are we doing.

I have been looking at a lot of posts on this Rajiv Khanna’s immigrationportal and there seems to be a lot of confusion about who is legit and really interested in our cause and who is faking it to collect money and run with it.

I agree that its hard to trust someone you’ve never met and get involved in discussing strategy, participate etc let alone cut a check of $50.

LET ME BE CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING HERE:

I have no vested interested in diverting people from any website to any website and re-divert people from one organization to another. If you know someone who works for you and you trust … fine. Go with it.

I personally am really really mad at the retrogression going on in EB GC. I applied for my Labor in Sept 2004. Got it approved in June 2005. I have been sitting on my hands since. I-140 is in process. With the speed things are going now, I will have GC no sooner than 6 years.

AND I AM JUST MAD THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS…I CAN’T EVEN APPLY FOR I-485.

Then I came across this website on the morning of 31st DEC and then looked at immigrationvoice.org. Talked to a couple of people on the phone from immigrationvoice.org. I am going to post tomorrow’s agenda of conference call RIGHT HERE.

If you want to participate in this call, either to suggest ideas or to check out if we are legit or not, just register on immigrationvoice.org (ITS FREE) and send an email with your phone numbers (its free) so that we can verify that you are legit and not a heckler who is going to disrupt the conference call.

If you still are not convinced and trust someone else, go with it.

Another thing…immigrationvoice.org is only 4 days old. Bear with us if we are not perfect. But we will surely be fully functional with all the bells and whistles before you know it.

AGENDA for tomorrow’s conference call:

A) GENERATE PUBLICITY ABOUT IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG.
Spread the word that this website is going to consolidate all efforts to have provisions to eliminate retrogression. Convince people that immigrationvoice.org is legit and operated by people WHO DON’T HAVE GC/CITIZENSHIP and are waiting in line for GC.

B) GATHER FACTS FROM BOOKS, AUTHENTIC SOURCES.

There are at least 3 books out there that deal with exodus of talent from this country either due to cultural reasons or due to hostile immigration policy. These books claim that there is competition for talent out there (“Talent” being people like H1Bs, researchers, engineers etc) between US and other countries and USA IS LOSING. Check out “Flight Capital” by David Heenan and “The flight of the creative class” by Richard Florida.

We want those facts to convince congress that eliminating retrogression is not only in an immigrant’s interest, BUT IN THE INTEREST OF AN AVERAGE AMERICAN EMPLOYER. We are not looking for a frigging charity or a handout. We are not saying “O dear congress, give us a green card and we shall be eternally thankful to thy congress”. That is a wrong strategy and an unnecessary one.We are legal immigrants. We are not looking for amnesty. Just a fair deal for people who stand in line for GC and play by the rules, pay their taxes, protect their status and obey the rule of the law.

We are looking to consolidate an already existing symbiotic relationship. A win-win situation.

C) INFLUENCE CONGRESS.

By this time, anyone who is not living under a rock knows that there is a comprehensive immigration bill coming up before congress. The bill will be introduced, debated and most likely passed. The question is whether or not the retrogression relief measures are included or thrown out.

We need to plan a strategy to

1) Convince congress with FACTS and NUMBERS how the current H1B program has given an edge to US employers and contributed to the society in general and how it is in America’s interest to put this symbiotic relationship on a solid ground by speeding up Employment based green card.
2) To work with congress, devise a strategy to meet them in person, as many as possible. Create an A-list of senators and congressmen who have the most say in committees and sub-committee hearings. We would work to communicate and convince these men first and then have a message machine to send a blanket message to ALL.

If you are still not convinced and go with someone else or go with do-nothing-and-hope-for-best strategy, then go ahead.

OTHERWISE register and participate. And you wont lose a dime by doing that.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

Excellent idea logiclife.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spam is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I just joined this forum. It really looks neat for just 4 days of existence..

In my view, we need to really differentiate this forum from lot others out their, the name of which I don't have to mention. One way of doing that would be making this an "action forum" than another information forum. As a starting point we should have clear vision and mission statements.

Vision should be strong and action oriented. Not like "helping the immigrant community." I would propose " Inspiring/Organizing legal immigrants to realize/understand their rights and play their part in securing/achieving them.." or something like that.

Mission statement should be the priorities (again actions/tasks/goals) per year, set in the beginning of every year..

I propose the following for this year:

1. Making sure Retro relief is put in and passed in the Immigration reform bill
2. Identify and tie-up with at least 2 high power partners
3. Some relief for people affected by FBI name check -- This could be long shot, but I am putting it anyway because it is close to my heart:-))
4. Others..

I will stop my onslaught and get ready to hear your good/bad comments..

Thanks

Old 01-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rishi is on a distinguished road
Question Is it related to IsnAmerica.org

logiclife,

Is this related to IsnAmerica.org? I see many people in both the places. If these two are different then it is really bad that we are not uniting our efforts.

my 2 cents
Rishi

Old 01-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default This org

There may be members posting their thoughts and suggestions on multiple websites. Right now immigrationvoice.org is separate org and has a different approach to others that I know. This org is going to raise funds and hire professional strategist who knows how to cross a minefield and get our priorites introduced in one or other vehicle of legislation.

Everyone here on this org is:

1. Affected by retrogression.
2. Already tried individual efforts to educate/convince congress to eliminate employment based retrogression and raise GC quote for EB2, EB3.
3. Realized after defeat of provisions in S 1932 in the house that we need professional help and need to spend money, time and efforts to get it done.

While individual efforts are not bad, lobbying certainly makes a lot of difference when it comes to get our priorities stay in legislation during intense debate over immigration in general.

Please keep you valuable contributions coming in terms of your time, forum replies and money. We have raised $5000 dollars in 2 days and our goal is $100,000 for professional lobbying help and we need to raise that much in next few weeks.

Thanks,
logiclife.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waiting4ever is on a distinguished road
Default need more info'

This is a good effort towards solving the retrogression issue. Like many silent readers, I do have concern about contributing to a new organization.

Is there a way to know more details about this effort? Please send me a personal email so I can understand more and contribute with confidence.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default About contributions

As of yesterday, there was a collection of $5000. We need much more than that.

The details of contributions and fund-raising can be found at the "Why Contribute" link of the home page.

http://www.immigrationvoice.org/inde...d=26&Itemid=25

Everything here is transparent. Please sign up as volunteer so we can have you more involved besides receiving money. That will also build your trust and in return your volunteer work will help everyone too.

logiclife.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Contributions today

As of late this morning have exceeded $6000. Its a start and we need to involve more people who are affected by retrogression.

logiclife.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb_retrogession is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4ever
This is a good effort towards solving the retrogression issue. Like many silent readers, I do have concern about contributing to a new organization.

Is there a way to know more details about this effort? Please send me a personal email so I can understand more and contribute with confidence.

Thanks!
Pls check your private message

Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gclocker is on a distinguished road
Default New User

Hi All,

I am a new user to this forum. I have been reading all the messages in this forum silently from the past couple of weeks. This is very interesting to see lot of efforts are going on to get the relief from the retrogression. I am also one of the victim for this. Here are my details.

Labor PD: 19 Nov 2003.
Labor Approved: 17 Nov 2005
140 filed: 5 Dec 2005.
AD???????

Old 01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclocker
Hi All,

I am a new user to this forum. I have been reading all the messages in this forum silently from the past couple of weeks. This is very interesting to see lot of efforts are going on to get the relief from the retrogression. I am also one of the victim for this. Here are my details.

Labor PD: 19 Nov 2003.
Labor Approved: 17 Nov 2005
140 filed: 5 Dec 2005.
AD???????
Hello gcloker,

It was very nice talking to you just now. We feel that motivated individuals like you can really make the difference with this effort.

Thanks You for extending your active volunteering and participation with this effort. Please continue to invite more of your friends and we will together make it happen.

-WP