Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/1776-please-stay-tuned-washington-dc-sept-2006-updates.html)

gondalguru 09-21-2006 11:32 AM

What is this all about

I see 12 full pages in less than two days with over 160 posts. Can somebody please explain in two or three simple sentances about whats going on and what is all this about?

I have done all the readings about border fence act, SKIL bill, S2611. But I still can figure out whats going on here in this thread.

Thanks guys

nat23 09-21-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gondalguru
I see 12 full pages in less than two days with over 160 posts. Can somebody please explain in two or three simple sentances about whats going on and what is all this about?

I have done all the readings about border fence act, SKIL bill, S2611. But I still can figure out whats going on here in this thread.

Thanks guys

The whole excitement was related to the point that IV might be able to get something into the Fence bill that would help our cause. That did not happen even after great efforts from Group IV.

Right now the only bill close to immigration is the Fence Bill. The chances of anything related to pro-immigration happening before the elections is practically zero.

gondalguru 09-21-2006 11:53 AM

Thanks nat23.

qplearn 09-21-2006 11:54 AM

wam4wam is actually right

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkarnik
Wam4wam:

where are you getting this information from? I assume you mean the Secure Fence Act? I just went through the proceedings yesterday as well as checked the latest on Thomas and there is no amendment at all to the bill, neither is the bill language changed from the house version.

If you are basing your posts on a news article, please do some research before getting excited. If not, could you let us know your source? (PM me if you want to keep it confidential)

Before making comments about wam4wam, I think it will be prudent to check the information available.

Also, after all this, you go on to say that you are aware of all the amendments! See below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bkarnik
Cool down guys, IV is aware of the amendments. However, it will be interesting to see if these amendments ever get a vote. )

That beats everything!

Also, what is all this fuss about? I didn't log in for a day, and I see a long thread with everyone apparently excited about nothing! The thread was started by this same individual.

If money is needed, say so; there is no need to raise false hopes.

Beginning to smell a rat.

qplearn

pappu 09-21-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys

pls read
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1777
to know what this is about. : "slight glimmer of hope that some of our provision may get included in some bill." In order to achieve that we need lot of support and funding to make things happen in DC. This is the plan before the year ends.

pappu 09-21-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys

pls read
to know what this is about. : "slight glimmer of hope that some of our provision may get included in some bill." In order to achieve that we need lot of support and funding to make things happen in DC. This is the plan before the year ends.

Quote:

Thanks guys

pls read

sorry for the identical messages. i was getting error messages everytime i was trying to submit my reply. We should soon fix this problem just like the immigration problem. ;)

mrajatish 09-21-2006 12:02 PM

It is not about money and I am not certain how you got that impression - we are trying very dillegently to make something happen pre-election. If our honest efforts are not clear to you, please send PM to me.

mrajatish 09-21-2006 12:03 PM

It is not about money and I am not certain how you got that impression - we are trying very dillegently to make something happen pre-election. If our honest efforts are not clear to you, please send PM to me.

qplearn 09-21-2006 12:07 PM

why so many identical messages

Just wondering why there are so many identical messages.

qplearn

waitnwatch 09-21-2006 12:07 PM

post deleted

waitnwatch 09-21-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qplearn
Before making comments about wam4wam, I think it will be prudent to check the information available.

Also, after all this, you go on to say that you are aware of all the amendments! See below.

That beats everything!

Also, what is all this fuss about? I didn't log in for a day, and I see a long thread with everyone apparently excited about nothing! The thread was started by this same individual.

qplearn

Interesting bit of deductive logic by qplearn....
I personally feel that core members creating a "stay tuned" thread that moves nowhere looks a bit disingenous. In any case even if things are in the works this thread may have been a bit premature.

Waldenpond's posting about the requirement for funds could surely have been placed directly to the forum as it is definitely an important and genuine post.

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping against hope for some movement. Would be interesting to see where this thread ends.....

qplearn 09-21-2006 12:08 PM

why so many identical messages

Just wondering why there are so many identical messages.

qplearn

black_logs 09-21-2006 12:09 PM

Please don't pour water on the efforts done by the core team and active IV members. There were very hectic activities that went on yesterday on the Capitol hill. There were IV core team members physically present in D.C. We are hopefull something would be done. As everybody's aware this is a very difficult time because of the elections but even in this difficult scenario we successfully got our provisions pass thru the Senate. It wasn't enough as we have to get our provisions thru both the houses. It is extremely difficult situation but it is not impossible, so we have to keep pushing and be assertive, but at the same time we have to pay QGA their monthly fees so we need money to get going....
Quote:

Originally Posted by qplearn

That beats everything!

qplearn