Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/1776-please-stay-tuned-washington-dc-sept-2006-updates.html)

Widget 09-21-2006 12:09 PM

Yes, let us keep our fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waitnwatch
Interesting bit of deductive logic by qplearn....
I personally feel that core members creating a "stay tuned" thread that moves nowhere looks a bit disingenous. In any case even if things are in the works this thread may have been a bit premature.

Waldenpond's posting about the requirement for funds could surely have been placed directly to the forum as it is definitely an important and genuine post.

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping against hope for some movement. Would be interesting to see where this thread ends.....

black_logs 09-21-2006 12:09 PM

Please don't pour water on the efforts done by the core team and active IV members. There were very hectic activities that went on yesterday on the Capitol hill. There were IV core team members physically present in D.C. We were hopefull something would be done. As everybody's aware this is a very difficult time because of the elections but even in this difficult scenario we successfully got our provisions pass thru the Senate. It wasn't enough as we have to get our provisions thru both the houses. It is extremely difficult situation but it is not impossible, so we have to keep pushing and be assertive, but at the same time we have to pay QGA their monthly fees so we need money to get going....
Quote:

Originally Posted by qplearn
Before making comments about wam4wam, I think it will be prudent to check the information available.

Also, after all this, you go on to say that you are aware of all the amendments! See below.

That beats everything!

Also, what is all this fuss about? I didn't log in for a day, and I see a long thread with everyone apparently excited about nothing! The thread was started by this same individual.

If money is needed, say so; there is no need to raise false hopes.

qplearn

Widget 09-21-2006 12:11 PM

Yes and let us keep our fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_logs
Please don't pour water on the efforts done by the core team and active IV members. There were very hectic activities that went on yesterday on the Capitol hill. There were IV core team members physically present in D.C. We were hopefull something would be done. As everybody's aware this is a very difficult time because of the elections but even in this difficult scenario we successfully got our provisions pass thru the Senate. It wasn't enough as we have to get our provisions thru both the houses. It is extremely difficult situation but it is not impossible, so we have to keep pushing and be assertive, but at the same time we have to pay QGA their monthly fees so we need money to get going....

waitnwatch 09-21-2006 12:14 PM

I'm facing some technical issues while posting. Says some database is not available. Are the rest of the folk facing similar issues.

Super moderators: Please remove this post after taking note.

qplearn 09-21-2006 12:25 PM

nothing wrong with asking for money

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_logs
Please don't pour water on the efforts done by the core team and active IV members. There were very hectic activities that went on yesterday on the Capitol hill. There were IV core team members physically present in D.C. We are hopefull something would be done. As everybody's aware this is a very difficult time because of the elections but even in this difficult scenario we successfully got our provisions pass thru the Senate. It wasn't enough as we have to get our provisions thru both the houses. It is extremely difficult situation but it is not impossible, so we have to keep pushing and be assertive, but at the same time we have to pay QGA their monthly fees so we need money to get going....

I don't think there is anything wrong in asking for money, but it did not have to be done on the thread that was clearly going to raise hopes and catch attention. Especially as the core team IV likes to keep things "close to its chest," (this came from a member) I don't see why there was any need to post that thread yesterday.

wam4wam 09-21-2006 12:43 PM

a day late and a dollar short

i kept telling you guys since last week

send faxes to congress /house...it is in the house where bills get structured.

make sure u add only the SKIL bill...just remove cap for ppl with advanced us degrees...that was the only thing the house had agreed to consider

but everyone on this forum ignored me

no it might be too little too late

i am not saying all i slost...atleast we got some action going amongst the members of this site

it aint rocket science guys....think about it from the lawmakers point of view....would they allow for more immigration frindly reforms now....no way...so be ready to compromise and suggest the ones which are truly benefecial to the US economy....

the bottom line was always...borders secure first..then talk about immigration reforms....

for the coming seasons....we have to push for nothing but the SKIL bill

that is the only bill that has hope

the other glimmer of hope in all this is the house has inadverently left out the fact on how they are going to fund the building of the wall

it is here that we step in...

fees for filing I485 for people under SKIL

fees for being able to file 485 before visa numbers

etc etc etc

we have to take advantage of this opportunity

in the mean while....SEND FAXES ABOUT SKIL BILL

485Mbe4001 09-21-2006 12:49 PM

Most of us here are trying to hitch a free ride(sadly, myself included) while a small group of dedicated people are trying to acheive the impossible. The least we can do is contribute and/or try to publicize this group in anyway we can. you cannot even guess the amounts of money the anti immigration groups have channeled to their lobbying efforts.

Remember before IV, very few on capital hill had any sense of the problems regarding retrogression...this in itself is a major victory...imho

Quote:

Before making comments about wam4wam, I think it will be prudent to check the information available.

Also, what is all this fuss about? I didn't log in for a day, and I see a long thread with everyone apparently excited about nothing! The thread was started by this same individual.

Beginning to smell a rat.

qplearn

bkarnik 09-21-2006 01:04 PM

qplearn:

It is interesting how facts can be spun. You are merging two separate messages placed at two separate times and portraying them as if its a single message. The first post was in response to wam4wam's post. I did check Thomas and did not see the amendments listed under the bill summary page. If you read the full post, I also requested wam4wam to please post the source.

While this was happening, I was informed internally that IV was aware of the amendments and that was the reason for the second post.

As far as starting this thread goes, please read Aman's post under the Members only section. This thread was started per his request. Also, if you look at my subsequent posts, instead of being selective, you will find that I have mentioned in subsequent posts that things were very fluid and changing. Aman in his post has essentially laid out what the situation in DC was.

Finally, with reference to keeping things close to the chest, this is a public forum. We will keep our strategies and game plan within the core. Please don't confuse this with using the members money and not informing them. IV is a not for profit organization and is bound by law to audit its accounts by a CPA and submit them for IRS approval. IV will place the audited accounts on the forum for members to see at the end of the fiscal year after they are finalized and submitted to the IRS.

While on the topic of money, let me also reiterate that IV members go to DC and stay there on their own penny. Not a single dime is used for personal expenses of any kind.

Bkarnik

eagerr2i 09-21-2006 01:13 PM

qlearn and others- I am not a witness (like some of the other IV members) to the intense activity happening on the Hill and me speaking from 2600 miles away from there would make little sense but must I say that the strategy of the respsective parties on the hill changes every minute. At one time, you get the feel that your provision is in a bill or an amendment and the opposite party takes some steps to add their own agenda and the very next hour the whole scope of the effort for the party tabling the bill changes. IV has been very forthcoming in keeping the members tuned in with the progerss but please understand that this is a very very fluid situation which not in control of even the majority party on the floor. It might happen that our hopes get raised and then we see things slipping away.

Not sharing any information on amendments/bills till it is made available to public domain makes us all restless but at the same time , giving indicatication of what might be coming down the line while not being sure if it will materialize raises false hopes leading to disapponitment. There is no right or wrong apprach here but all this tells us of the situation we are facing on this day.

eagerr2i 09-21-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Also, after all this, you go on to say that you are aware of all the amendments! See below.

That beats everything!

Beginning to smell a rat.

qplearn

All- I am not a witness (like some of the other IV members like waldenpond) to the intense activity happening on the Hill and me speaking from 2600 miles away from there would make little sense but must I say that the strategy of the respsective parties on the hill changes every minute. At one time, you get the feel that your provision is in a bill or an amendment and the opposite party takes some steps to add their own agenda and the very next hour the whole scope of the effort for the party tabling the bill changes. IV has been very forthcoming in keeping the members tuned in with the progerss but please understand that this is a very very fluid situation which not in control of even the majority party on the floor. It might happen that our hopes get raised and then we see things slipping away.

Not sharing any information on amendments/bills till it is made available to public domain makes us all restless but at the same time , giving indicatication of what might be coming down the line while not being sure if it will materialize raises false hopes leading to disapponitment. There is no right or wrong apprach here but all this tells us of the situation we are facing on this day.

swarnapuri 09-21-2006 01:27 PM

Negative Posts

I am seeing quite a few negative posts in this thread. I see that some new members starting from their first post post nothing but negative messages. Please note that this is a team effort. If this effort fails everybody fails. I request everybody to channel all there energy on positive side.

I am not saying not to point any corrections/improvements, which are needed. If you think of any improvements that can be made, I request you to get actively involved and try to solve it rather than just criticizing others.

Please note that we have a tough road ahead with the way the politics work and with the anti-immigration lobby.

Please try to be optimistic and chime in to make this effort a successful one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Attitude is the mind's paintbrush. It can COLOR any situation! - Author Unknown

swarnapuri 09-21-2006 01:28 PM

Negative posts

Removed Duplicate Post.

GCard_Dream 09-21-2006 01:41 PM

Well.. let's just forget what happend yesterday and focus on today. Pointing fingers isn't gonna help anyone here. If anything, it will just make matters worse.

Does anyone know what time senate is expected to take on Secure Fence bill again today? Will there be a final vote today? Have any amendments been voted on at all? I see the amendments for agri worker but I am not sure if it's been allowed or has been voted on?