Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rpatel is on a distinguished road
Default political posturing ?

I am guessing that most probably the announcement from core team would be about inclusion of some EB favourable provisions into the currently discussed fence bill. Even if the senate passes the bill with these provisions today I hate to admit that time is against us....The senate is going to recesses after the next week and there is hardly anytime to reconcile the bill and re-send it to both the house and the senate and get it passed before that...all this while making sure that amendements that are important to us don't get bumped off in the process. Don't get me wrong...I want to be optimistic...albiet very very cautiously...Good luck to all
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaykul
Very true, Raju
Thanks for the words.... It's been such a long wait for all of us...

Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let it be secret till last moment

I would advise to keep the announcement secret till as long as possible. It should be posted only when it is tabled in Senate or House or where ever. Several agencies are working against our interests and we should not caution them.
I have patience and other members should also be patient leaving everyting to core team with full trust.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Rpatel:

What you say may be true, but does that mean IV should stop trying? Please remember this post and post it again, when there are posts on the forum asking what is IV doing. IV has no control over what happens to the provisions or the bills or how the schedule works. All IV will keep on doing is trying to get our provisions in any bill or vehicle that is appropriate and likely to pass.

As far as your guess is concerned, being an IV member, any update we post will have to be EB related. We are not going to post updates for members informing them about things not concerning EB issues. I just wish there was any way to make members realize how difficult it is to get any issue even included in the current enforcement first atmosphere.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Widget is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I agree with, all what we want is to get our issue solved thru the normal avenues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkarnik
Rpatel:

What you say may be true, but does that mean IV should stop trying? Please remember this post and post it again, when there are posts on the forum asking what is IV doing. IV has no control over what happens to the provisions or the bills or how the schedule works. All IV will keep on doing is trying to get our provisions in any bill or vehicle that is appropriate and likely to pass.

As far as your guess is concerned, being an IV member, any update we post will have to be EB related. We are not going to post updates for members informing them about things not concerning EB issues. I just wish there was any way to make members realize how difficult it is to get any issue even included in the current enforcement first atmosphere.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with jungalee43, let this thread also have access for members only.
guys, lets be patient and not spill the beans yet.
bkarnik, We have total faith in the core team, getting our provisions in any bill in the current atmosphere of "Just enforcement - Secure border first" is not easy at all. Infact it is an uphill task to even get some time with the law makers. I applaud all the efforts.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about
Wink Expected Time

Any idea by what time the announcement will be out ? I will go and have my lunch meanwhile ...currently refreshing the page every 2 kins

Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rpatel is on a distinguished road
Default We all appreciate your efforts

BKarnik:

Please don't get me wrong. I truely appreciate all the efforts of the core team. My intention in saying what I did was to put the info in a truthful manner as I saw it. And let me the first to say that even if the current senate and house is not able to adress our concerns before its term expires...just by having them pass incomplete bills with our provisions sets a very good precedent for the New congress after Nov elections.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all
Default Good news at last !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka
Good News or Bad news.

I hope it will be a good news.Please dont play with our feelings.

what is Motion to cloture ?
I don't think we can go any worse situation from where we are now. So it should be some kind of good news.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abd is on a distinguished road
Default Some Good News After Depressing Oct. Bulletin

Days were so depressing after Oct. Bulletin was released. Even considered going back to home country atleast 1000 times. Good to here some good news. At least i see some ray of hope. Core members you have made my day.

Thanks

Old 09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Widget is on a distinguished road

I am in the same boat, my wife is travelling to our home country next month for a job interview and I am awaiting till the end of teh school year then I have to be ready 2 go back if things does gont go well regarding the eb provisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd
Days were so depressing after Oct. Bulletin was released. Even considered going back to home country atleast 1000 times. Good to here some good news. At least i see some ray of hope. Core members you have made my day.

Thanks

Old 09-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Friends:

At this time there is no set time frame when the update can be given. The situation is really fluid right now. We are working closely with QGA and will announce when appropriate. Members need not go hungry or stop working )
Also, keep in mind that things could still go haywire.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

Is there any C-SPAN link where we can actually follow the fence bill developments in the Senate? Has anyone been able to listen in?

Old 09-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
BEC_fog is on a distinguished road
Default C-Span Link

http://www.c-span.org/watch/

It has link for C-SPAN 2 which shows senate sessions.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

lol..this is sensationalism..