Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice
Default Please remember

Please try to post good news when it happens rather than you think it will happen. Many of us get excited and keep waiting for your update which may never come!!

Anyway we've now seen and experienced enough regarding this GC issue and prepared to see more bad news before the "final" good news becomes "real". But raising "false" hope like this before it actually happens may not be good for anybody.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
black_logs is on a distinguished road

Do you only watch last 5 minutes of the movies ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonimmi
Please try to post good news when it happens rather than you think it will happen. Many of us get excited and keep waiting for your update which may never come!!

Anyway we've now seen and experienced enough regarding this GC issue and prepared to see more bad news before the "final" good news becomes "real". But raising "false" hope like this before it actually happens may not be good for anybody.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice
Default Yes I do

I thought IV follows IB (Intelligence Bureau) way and don't like to post news which is not "true" and/or may give "hint" opposition damage its plan. IB makes any news public when it happens (like - arrest bad guys or failed plot) rather than making it a discussion topic ahead of time or need.

So intelligent posting is appreciated. As intelligent guy you must appreciate this fact rather than making it "ego" issue.

Regarding "watching last 5 mimutes" - Yes I do watch that and the movie too. But last 5 minutes shows the remix song which everybody likes. Don't you?

Old 10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go2roomshare is on a distinguished road
Default Do we still need to stay tuned??

Is there any stong reason, why this thread is not closed??

Old 10-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
qplearn will become famous soon enough
Default not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2roomshare
Is there any stong reason, why this thread is not closed??
You need to stay tuned, but not to this thread. This thread should be closed, as you rightly point out. But since it was started for no reason, IMHO, it probably won't close either.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
nb_des will become famous soon enough

Well core team gave us a heads up that there "might" be some update. What is wrong with that? If you only last 5 minutes of movie probably you should just read Headline/Announcement section in home page.

I personally will definetely like to get any update ( however small) from the core team.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default if there is actually a movie, sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_des
Well core team gave us a heads up that there "might" be some update. What is wrong with that? If you only last 5 minutes of movie probably you should just read Headline/Announcement section in home page.

I personally will definetely like to get any update ( however small) from the core team.
If there is a movie, I will watch the whole thing, not just the last five minutes, AND I will also sit through the initial commercials.

But nobody will go if there's only commercials, and no real movie afterward

Old 10-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
nb_des will become famous soon enough

Well already we don't get very many updates from core team because of "strategic reasons".

Now when you start complaining to them even for posting a small update the end result will be that you will hear even less on what they are doing behind the scenes.

When SKIL really gets passed you can read it any immigration website. Is that all you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qplearn
If there is a movie, I will watch the whole thing, not just the last five minutes, AND I will also sit through the initial commercials.

But nobody will go if there's only commercials, and no real movie afterward

Old 10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default what small update?

Quote:
Well already we don't get very many updates from core team because of "strategic reasons".

Now when you start complaining to them even for posting a small update the end result will be that you will hear even less on what they are doing behind the scenes.
I must have missed the small update then. What was it? Even if there is a small update, that is like a movie, sure. But I did not see any update.

What we have is status-quo; the senate and the house have not agreed on passing any bill for immigrants. That is not new news. (The only thing that has passed is the Fence bill that is designed to help reduce illegal immigrants. )

But don't get me wrong; if I have missed an update, I am all ears. I want to know what it is.

Quote:
When SKIL really gets passed you can read it any immigration website. Is that all you want?
Actually, this is probably what is going to happen anyways.

Last edited by qplearn; 10-05-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future
Default Benefit of the doubt!

The dilemma here is if you donít update frequently then everyone keeps asking about why IV is not updating the members. If you do try to update frequently but make a mistake along the way then people make a big fuss about it. What do you do?

I believe the core team was very genuine when they said they have an update which may or may not have been materialized due to million things that can go wrong in Washington. Look what happened to 7 or 8 immigration related bills house passed in the last week and wanted to include those bills as amendments in the DHS appropriations bill. None of them got included in the DHS bill. Similarly Senate and President didnít get their ways in CIR. In other words, if the majority of the house, senate, or the president canít have their ways, it is a little too much to expect that IV can do whatever it wants in DC. Things change by the minute in DC and that my friend how the politics works in DC.

Core team may have been very excited to share info with its members and might have jumped the gun sooner but it doesnít mean that it was intentionally done to get people excited for nothing. So please give them the benefit of the doubt. By arguing and discussing this further, you are only distracting the core team from the real mission and itís not helping anyone. So what if you got excited for a minute, is that really bad for your health?

Old 10-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

At this time we need members to participate in our efforts to prepare ourselves for lame duck session.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...7584#post27584
has some update on what we are working on and how we need participation from our members

Last edited by pappu; 10-05-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest update...here it is...& now no more lollygagging

Quote:

---
If you have been following this thread closely, the latest update has been the call from core team for member contribution.

I have made my third contribution of $100 by paypal a week ago. Please let other members know what is your contribution history to IV because that will encourage others to contribute.

Same for Nonimmi.

This info. will also help clarify the doubts that some members have on you and nonimmi lollygagging on IV forum . If I don't see an update from you than I might be forced to flag you as a lollygagger.

Best!

Last edited by gsc999; 10-05-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Let me tell you that I have not only contributed but introduced four of my friends to IV also. I never said anything against IV and appreciate the policy it has not to publish something which yet to happen. Read carefully what I said before you act.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgal369
pappu can you give us some idea (broadly) if qga is still active on our behalf? what is their role here - do they help us reach capitol hill, or get our name out in the press, or somthing else?
QGA is active on our behalf. Even though lame duck session is months away, work continues for the session now and all the PR work happens all the time.