Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/1776-please-stay-tuned-washington-dc-sept-2006-updates.html)

anurakt 09-20-2006 03:53 PM

whatever

Whatever may be the outcome , today was a new life for all the members...it's been long since so many members were excited and online :) It's wondeful to see that everybody is positive and not given up the hope.

sr123 09-20-2006 03:58 PM

Salazar speaking about Fence bill

Salazar is speaking about the good parts of CIR passed by Senate.

apnair2002 09-20-2006 04:01 PM

Fence proposal marks death of immigration reform

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS...rder.fence.ap/

felix31 09-20-2006 04:11 PM

we have lots of users today....:D :D

anyone who recently registered?

Jimi_Hendrix 09-20-2006 04:12 PM

pappu yaar

where is the update man?:) I am going nuts with the wait:):cool:

willgetgc2005 09-20-2006 04:18 PM

Seems like IV core thinks they will have some news, but it has not firmed up yet. Let us be patient and support them.

As we can imagine, these things are very fluid on the hill. There is not much we or IV can do.

Let us hope for the best and stop pounding IV core. When there is news for us, they will surely let us know as they have done in the past.

felix31 09-20-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi_Hendrix
where is the update man?:) I am going nuts with the wait:):cool:

:D Take it easy, Jimi....

All will be well! :)

sr123 09-20-2006 04:19 PM

Sessions back at his game

Jeff Session dude is singing praises about how "Good fences make good neighbhors". Wants CIR passed by senate to buried and wants it to be redone next year.

abd 09-20-2006 04:20 PM

Our Dear Sen. Sessions from Alabama Speaking

Emphasing on taking action on border security. Comprehensive immigration or rush thru package should not be accpeted. We will take fresh look next year and look at systems of Australia and Canada

willgetgc2005 09-20-2006 04:25 PM

Systems of Australia or Canada to deal with 11 million illegal Immigrants ? That sounds like a plan huh ?!!!

Or are they by some freak chnace thinking about legal immigrants, point system etc. I dont think so. I guess now he is mixed up legal and illegal. One more twist to the saga. I guess they just want to tire us and then drive us out ?

gcretroiv 09-20-2006 04:31 PM

It will be good to post, once everything is ready..

Asking everybody to stay tuned, and not disclosing any info..wastes time of all the members.

Well, if time is spent over something, that shd be ok.
But wasting time on **waiting** **Stau Tuend**, are not good.

redcard 09-20-2006 04:34 PM

Waiting and Wanting

Man.. its like waiting for a few drops of rain during the draught...thanks to the IV members for this...:) :) :)

felix31 09-20-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcretroiv
Asking everybody to stay tuned, and not disclosing any info..wastes time of all the members.

Well, if time is spent over something, that shd be ok.
But wasting time on **waiting** **Stau Tuend**, are not good.

I have to disagree,

'stay tuned' does not mean 'stay glued' to your computer and wait for the news.

It does imply that some news will follow and core team wanted to give us heads up that the update is coming...

If people have time to spend on the thread, then I dont see what is the problem..

It's another story that it is in human's nature to impatiently wait for the news, especially if the news happen to be so important for our lives..

nonimmi 09-20-2006 04:49 PM

Spiritual Guru

This immigration issue has made many "Spiritual Guru" who can give some greats (like - AB and PM) run for their money. Many members are getting the benefit and learning from them how to live normal and healthy life. Thank host for this too.

gsc999 09-20-2006 04:58 PM

Barbara Boxer (D - CA) is lambasting Sessions

She realizes that her constituency is against Session's far right immigration plan.