Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/1776-please-stay-tuned-washington-dc-sept-2006-updates.html)

GCBy3000 09-20-2006 05:42 PM

Why dont we put this link in homepage?

Yes, we need more visibility for this thread. Why dont we put this thread on IV home page and in other websites where we(members) have influence.

http://www.pledgebank.com/voteforiv

We have 5000+ members and only less than 60 have signed up for the pledge. The irony is you dont even have to contribute the amount now until 1000 people pledges. Why people are so hesitant to sign up for this. Are they afraid that they have to contribute if 1000 people regsiters? This is ridiculous when people are expecting some releif. I dont want to call ... SELFISH ... May be I should find some other worst word.

BEC_fog 09-20-2006 05:47 PM

PledgeBank Pledge

I have already pledged on the pledge bank and further pledge that I will contribute those $120 even if the pledge is not met by 1000 people.

anurakt 09-20-2006 05:48 PM

Wake up and do something

After contributing , I have also added myself to the pledge. Come on IVians let's fight once for our cause..... All the time in this Country we have been controlled either by employer or our hesitancy, for once break your shakles and come out for a cause... 10$ per month is nothing when compared to what we might have to suffer all the years.....

Let's take our life in our own control...Till when are we going make adjustments to the rules.....Let's change the rules once and ask it to adjust to us.....

pappu 09-20-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEC_fog
I have a couple of Indian grocery stores in my area where I will put the posters.

A good idea would be to put a colored one on the wall and put a bunch of black & white ones that people can take with them. Hopefully, they will look at the one they took along and finally visit the website.

poster is in
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=694

asanghi 09-20-2006 05:51 PM

Pledge or no Pledge

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEC_fog
I have already pledged on the pledge bank and further pledge that I will contribute those $120 even if the pledge is not met by 1000 people.

I will keep contributing. A couple of $100s are nothing compared to the fees we have to pay to the lawyers.

I however hope, that more people will pledge, so that we can also get matches for the pledged amount.

cvt123 09-20-2006 05:54 PM

contribution may be on it's way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCBy3000
Yes it is, if you have been in these forums for months. Your very first post looks very negative. Please try to put all your energy in positive way and encourage others.

But if this is to raise funds. I better make a pledge and hold the check for now. When is asking clarification become negative in your world?

purgan 09-20-2006 05:59 PM

Guys, don't pledge, just send the donation in...money is needed NOW!

Separately, IV core team- even if one legilsative result is accomplished (i mean passed and signed onto law), it will give great confidence to members and reinvigorate fundraising. If people are willing to contribute this much now, imagine how much they will give once there is actually an achievement

I would not hesitte to say that we can even raise the target 50% to 300K.

ghost 09-20-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purgan
Guys, don't pledge, just send the donation in...money is needed NOW!

I would not hesitte to say that we can even raise the target 50% to 300K.

Pledging is a very effective way to raise funds. We need to tackle the fund-raising from different directions and "PledgeIV" is one of them. I see your sense of urgency but please do not discourage any activity.

bkarnik 09-20-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget
They are talking about how to bring the farm workers in nthe security bill if they meet specific conditions.

Who is "they"? Dems or Republicans? From Harry Reid's speech on the floor today, the Dems are trying to include CIR provisions in the Fence bill and I am further willing to bet that the Republicans will not let it happen because the house will never agree. So, either they ram it down the Dems throats in an "as-is" condition or forget about a bill being passed before the elections. The answer is obvious.:mad:

GCwaitforever 09-20-2006 06:15 PM

I sent my pledge money.

Raju 09-20-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvt123
But if this is to raise funds. I better make a pledge and hold the check for now. When is asking clarification become negative in your world?

I agree with you totally that asking clarification is not negative, but your suspicion that IV core team is doing this for funds, speaks very low of you. I do not want to start a war of words here... Please remember that you and I are equally resposible as the IV core team to make this a success.

BEC_fog 09-20-2006 06:40 PM

Pledge for later and Contribution Now

When someone says pledge, it doesn't mean that they haven't contributed before or will not contribute now. If the pledge is met (1000 people * $120/person), we will have 120K for our cause, so don't discourage people from pledging.

Anyways, my second contribution check will be in the mail tomorrow.

pani_6 09-20-2006 06:49 PM

I have mailed mine to the address

I have mailed mine $ 100 to the address..I think we got to post the stuff on immigration.com and murthy.com and other yahoo groups..

Widget 09-20-2006 07:01 PM

Any idea what is teh agenda for tomorrow and after tomorrow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkarnik
Who is "they"? Dems or Republicans? From Harry Reid's speech on the floor today, the Dems are trying to include CIR provisions in the Fence bill and I am further willing to bet that the Republicans will not let it happen because the house will never agree. So, either they ram it down the Dems throats in an "as-is" condition or forget about a bill being passed before the elections. The answer is obvious.:mad:

pani_6 09-20-2006 07:01 PM

Use Forum to Mail people for $$

The Admin of this Forum should have the capacity to get all the emails of the 5000 members and request for funds.You should be able to generate the list from the admin control panel..Send me a private message if you want help on generating the email list

I think its time you sent out the message to the 5000 + members list...requeting $$