Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/1776-please-stay-tuned-washington-dc-sept-2006-updates.html)

bkarnik 09-20-2006 11:49 AM

Please Stay Tuned: Washington DC sept 2006 updates

Friends:

Please stay tuned to this site. We hope to have some news coming in soon from the IV Team.
==========
update is in
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...5527#post25527
=========

Raju 09-20-2006 11:51 AM

I am glued

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkarnik
Friends:

Please stay tuned to this site. We hope to have some news coming in soon from the IV Team.

I am glued to this thread....no one can distract me now:D

anurakt 09-20-2006 11:52 AM

is it a predication...?

Quote:

Friends:

r u predicting or from some facts ?

bkarnik 09-20-2006 11:54 AM

Motion to cloture has passed 94-0. No this is not a prediction thread.... please stay tuned.

go_gc_way 09-20-2006 11:57 AM

I am here ..

I am here , waiting for announcement.

immilaw 09-20-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_gc_way
I am here , waiting for announcement.

Me too. Totally tuned.

fromnaija 09-20-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Friends:

I am waiting, and checking this thread every second!

pappu 09-20-2006 12:04 PM

IV update

update will be posted in the member only section

please stay tuned.

GC_SUCK 09-20-2006 12:05 PM

Cancelled all my meetings. No Lunch. No Phone Calls. No Work.

I am waiting for the good news.

bkarnik 09-20-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaka
Good News or Bad news.

I hope it will be a good news.Please dont play with our feelings.

what is Motion to cloture ?

cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

bkarnik 09-20-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappu
update will be posted in the member only section

please stay tuned.

Please note that the thread posted on the members only section is closed for posting by members. Members are requested to post their views, thoughts, etc. on this thread. Also. would request members to keep their postings pertinent to any update that is received only and not digress.

anurakt 09-20-2006 12:16 PM

is it negative and positive

Quote:

Please note that the thread posted on the members only section is closed for posting by members. Members are requested to post their views, thoughts, etc. on this thread. Also. would request members to keep their postings pertinent to any update that is received only and not digress.

ok guys , can somebody tell me if it's positive and negative and what's going on ???? Every time this happens I try to be positive and a bad news shows up after it.....:confused:

Raju 09-20-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurakt
ok guys , can somebody tell me if it's positive and negative and what's going on ???? Every time this happens I try to be positive and a bad news shows up after it.....:confused:

anurakt, Obviously people are trying for the good news. wait and watch. Any news cannot be more worse that what it is right now.

indio0617 09-20-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raju
anurakt, Obviously people are trying for the good news. wait and watch. Any news cannot be more worse that what it is right now.

Yes. We are trying in earnest and sincerity. Let us hope and pray..

abhaykul 09-20-2006 12:22 PM

Very true, Raju

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raju

rpatel 09-20-2006 12:25 PM

political posturing ?

I am guessing that most probably the announcement from core team would be about inclusion of some EB favourable provisions into the currently discussed fence bill. Even if the senate passes the bill with these provisions today I hate to admit that time is against us....The senate is going to recesses after the next week and there is hardly anytime to reconcile the bill and re-send it to both the house and the senate and get it passed before that...all this while making sure that amendements that are important to us don't get bumped off in the process. Don't get me wrong...I want to be optimistic...albiet very very cautiously...Good luck to all

anurakt 09-20-2006 12:26 PM

Thanks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhaykul
Very true, Raju

Thanks for the words.... It's been such a long wait for all of us...

jungalee43 09-20-2006 12:31 PM

Let it be secret till last moment

I would advise to keep the announcement secret till as long as possible. It should be posted only when it is tabled in Senate or House or where ever. Several agencies are working against our interests and we should not caution them.
I have patience and other members should also be patient leaving everyting to core team with full trust.

bkarnik 09-20-2006 12:31 PM

Rpatel:

What you say may be true, but does that mean IV should stop trying? Please remember this post and post it again, when there are posts on the forum asking what is IV doing. IV has no control over what happens to the provisions or the bills or how the schedule works. All IV will keep on doing is trying to get our provisions in any bill or vehicle that is appropriate and likely to pass.

As far as your guess is concerned, being an IV member, any update we post will have to be EB related. We are not going to post updates for members informing them about things not concerning EB issues. I just wish there was any way to make members realize how difficult it is to get any issue even included in the current enforcement first atmosphere.

Widget 09-20-2006 12:35 PM

I agree with, all what we want is to get our issue solved thru the normal avenues.
Quote:

Rpatel:

What you say may be true, but does that mean IV should stop trying? Please remember this post and post it again, when there are posts on the forum asking what is IV doing. IV has no control over what happens to the provisions or the bills or how the schedule works. All IV will keep on doing is trying to get our provisions in any bill or vehicle that is appropriate and likely to pass.

As far as your guess is concerned, being an IV member, any update we post will have to be EB related. We are not going to post updates for members informing them about things not concerning EB issues. I just wish there was any way to make members realize how difficult it is to get any issue even included in the current enforcement first atmosphere.

amitjoey 09-20-2006 12:43 PM

I agree with jungalee43, let this thread also have access for members only.
guys, lets be patient and not spill the beans yet.
bkarnik, We have total faith in the core team, getting our provisions in any bill in the current atmosphere of "Just enforcement - Secure border first" is not easy at all. Infact it is an uphill task to even get some time with the law makers. I applaud all the efforts.

anurakt 09-20-2006 12:43 PM

Expected Time

Any idea by what time the announcement will be out ? I will go and have my lunch meanwhile ...currently refreshing the page every 2 kins ;)

rpatel 09-20-2006 12:44 PM

We all appreciate your efforts

BKarnik:

Please don't get me wrong. I truely appreciate all the efforts of the core team. My intention in saying what I did was to put the info in a truthful manner as I saw it. And let me the first to say that even if the current senate and house is not able to adress our concerns before its term expires...just by having them pass incomplete bills with our provisions sets a very good precedent for the New congress after Nov elections.

shree19772000 09-20-2006 12:48 PM

Good news at last !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaka
Good News or Bad news.

I hope it will be a good news.Please dont play with our feelings.

what is Motion to cloture ?

I don't think we can go any worse situation from where we are now. So it should be some kind of good news.

abd 09-20-2006 12:50 PM

Some Good News After Depressing Oct. Bulletin

Days were so depressing after Oct. Bulletin was released. Even considered going back to home country atleast 1000 times. Good to here some good news. At least i see some ray of hope. Core members you have made my day.

Thanks

Widget 09-20-2006 12:57 PM

I am in the same boat, my wife is travelling to our home country next month for a job interview and I am awaiting till the end of teh school year then I have to be ready 2 go back if things does gont go well regarding the eb provisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abd
Days were so depressing after Oct. Bulletin was released. Even considered going back to home country atleast 1000 times. Good to here some good news. At least i see some ray of hope. Core members you have made my day.

Thanks

bkarnik 09-20-2006 12:58 PM

Friends:

At this time there is no set time frame when the update can be given. The situation is really fluid right now. We are working closely with QGA and will announce when appropriate. Members need not go hungry or stop working :))
Also, keep in mind that things could still go haywire.

GCard_Dream 09-20-2006 01:14 PM

Is there any C-SPAN link where we can actually follow the fence bill developments in the Senate? Has anyone been able to listen in?

BEC_fog 09-20-2006 01:23 PM

C-Span Link

http://www.c-span.org/watch/

It has link for C-SPAN 2 which shows senate sessions.

njboy 09-20-2006 01:39 PM

lol..this is sensationalism..

manderson 09-20-2006 01:43 PM

what the hell...

what the hell man? this is driving my crazy!!!

spit it out already!

boreal 09-20-2006 01:45 PM

Senate in a Quorum call right now. Looks like they have set a max. of 30 hrs to debate the Fence issue...

suresh_la 09-20-2006 01:45 PM

Let it out

Can't wait

cnag 09-20-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manderson
what the hell man? this is driving my crazy!!!

spit it out already!

Nope! I am trying to concentrate on my work....No way. I give it up.
I rather stay tuned........

shree19772000 09-20-2006 01:47 PM

painful wait....

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_la
Can't wait

There is a saying in hindi "Sabar ka fal meetha hota hai"

anandrajesh 09-20-2006 01:54 PM

glued & not moving

I am absolutely glued to my monitor and i aint moving without seeing what the update is. All the afternoon meetings, restroom pitstops are cancelled.

Shld i reserve a table in the local bar, to celebrate if we get the good news or down our sorrows if nothing happens???

$eeGrEeN 09-20-2006 01:55 PM

Senate is debating HR 6061 right now which has a "motion to proceed" time of 30 hrs in the Senate ..... here's a USA Today article that will help clear things .....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...security_x.htm