Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future
Default Admin Fix Letter: Response from CIS/WH

Apparently our letters are being forwarded from the White House to USCIS. Got a form letter in the mail today from USCIS-DC.

It said:
"Thank you for your correspondence dated January 17, 2008 to President George Bush, regarding reforms to the employment-based immigration system. Your letter has been forwarded to this office for response.
The Administration understands how important highly-skilled immigrants are to the United States. The Administration is committed to streamlining the existing temporary worker programs, and to improving the current immigration system. I share this understanding and commitment.
As you may know, on August 10,2007 the Administration announced a major, multifaceted strategy for improving our immigration system. As part of ths initiative, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Labor will study the visa programs for highly skilled workers and report to the President about beneficial reforms to these programs. It may be possible for the Administration to adopt some reforms by appropriate rulemaking or policy direction. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is convening working groups to identify reforms that may be adopted by rulemaking or policy.We continue to hope that Congress addresses the U.S. immigration system more comprehensively. You may be assured that a hndamental objective of USCIS is to ensure flexible and sound immigration policies and programs that meet the needs and obligations of our Nation.
Thank you for taking the time to address issues of national importance.
Carlos Iturregui
Chief"

I wondered what he was the Chief of since the letter didn't say. Googling reveals that he is the Chief of Policy and Strategy at USCIS. Whatever that means...

Dunno when these "working groups "will wake up from their slumbers and state the obvious.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default responses

employers sending letters have received even more detailed responses.
our issues are being considered at the highest level thanks to thousand of letters collected and mailed by dedicated volunteers. it's too bad all members won't send letters, we could have really flooded them....

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
our issues are being considered at the highest level thanks to thousand of letters collected and mailed by dedicated volunteers. it's too bad all members won't send letters, we could have really flooded them....
Lets keep meeting lawmakers. Most people in US, including the lawmakers, do not know how bad and difficult things are for EB GC people. The more they hear from us, the more they will realize how messed up things are and more likely to provide some relief.

Those who didn't write the letter, could still write it this weekend. I don't see how it can harm. Though it would have been better if all members participate fully when IV plans something. IV is stronger when we act together.

Last edited by grupak; 03-21-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
This is encouraging.
Request to each & every member: It's not late... PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS TODAY!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Paskal, it would be great if you could post one of the responses sent to employers.