Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light
Default How to educate USCIS agents?

IV should take stand for more training and education for USCIS agents. Creating alliances with USCIS worker unions could be beneficial too.
The reason is I had bad experience with USCIS agents,
They could be classified in to 3 stereotypes

1.confused with nationalistic and racist overtones,
2.Thats the way the world is there type and
3.Demeaning type.

Partial reflection of what happens every day in USCIS and rest of US.

Definetly more room for GCs
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Training

The USCIS Agents should be given a proper training where they should be given ideas about everything and everybody who apply for this great thing.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

There is a story in "Panch Tantra" (Five Life sciences)- Ancient book of wisdom. Story starts with a man determined to teach donkey a lesson for speaking in "human language". It is a long story and so I would not write it but to sumamrize:

That man could not teach donkey a human language but he started to sing like a donkey in the end.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good thoughts.

The community does not understand WHY we are facing these problems.

Everyone wants solutions but how can we achieve them?

IV is a platform which can be best made use of. IV deals with certain major issues and pursues the issues agressively, that does not mean that other issues are not important. Every issue that affects the community is very important.

The fact that we are dealing with USCIS cusotmer support and the service is poor, is just not a problem for us. Poor customer support is with other govt agencies also, we do not face it because we do not deal with it.

Mere discussing these topics and then burying them in threads just does not take us anywhere. Pursuing them aggressively and trying to fix them is what IV all about.

I request fellow IVans to join their state chapters and help solve issues through grassroots efforts.

We have seen results in the past and continue to see results through grassroots efforts.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold
Default Quick and Easy solution

USCIS should only employ those who already been thru mess and knows about procedures (and loop holes too), we have so many qualified candidates on IV

Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light fedex_uscis is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hey Premi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
There is a story in "Panch Tantra" (Five Life sciences)- Ancient book of wisdom. Story starts with a man determined to teach donkey a lesson for speaking in "human language". It is a long story and so I would not write it but to sumamrize:

That man could not teach donkey a human language but he started to sing like a donkey in the end.
Liked the story,change this USCIS donkey in to a great working Horse.
USCIS workers belong to this Union.
http://www.ueunion.org/
Can you ask them why they treat us like that at the port of entry?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex_uscis View Post
Liked the story,change this USCIS donkey in to a great working Horse.
USCIS workers belong to this Union.
http://www.ueunion.org/
Can you ask them why they treat us like that at the port of entry?
Correction- it is not USICS that deals with us at the port of entry - it is the Department of Homeland Security.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default I think USCIS is another agency in DHS

This one looks like a big union.
http://www.afge.org/

It looks they are against DHS downsizing.If they down size DHS,we will be standing in line for 5 hours at the airport.