Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of EkAurAaya has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
I like the idea but the notion of "Male Nurse" just doesn't sit too well with me; not that there is anything wrong with it and lot of people are doing it. May be I need to get out of the tunnel and see the bigger picture.
LOL - you can call your self a doctor in making... j/k
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2000
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2000
Compare
Hinglish can only hope to improve

Quote:
I like the idea but the notion of "Male Nurse" just doesn't sit too well with me; not that there is anything wrong with it and lot of people are doing it. May be I need to get out of the tunnel and see the bigger picture.

crap

Last edited by Hinglish; 04-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't underestimate Nurses - please !!

"Employment based Immigration" to US happen based on their need not for engineers/doctors/ scientists from 3rd world to settle down at 1st world - that's called "Family Based Immigration".

If the country/US needs more nurses then - yes they are "more" valuable than us. On the other hand there are some terrific MBA talents in 3rd world but they are less valuable than engineers/scientists in US because USA has tons of qualified MBAs.

Hope this argument makes sense - Lets not think the definition of "Value" from traditional stone aged concepts - being arrogant doesn't make anyone superior or more valuable.

Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
Who cares about the nurses? If I knew as a child that nurses were more valuable than s/w engineers,who would want to work so many extra hours and still be at the back of the queue

Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
v2neha will become famous soon enough v2neha will become famous soon enough
Default Who cares about nurses? At least I do ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
Who cares about the nurses? If I knew as a child that nurses were more valuable than s/w engineers,who would want to work so many extra hours and still be at the back of the queue
I am an EB3 India software engineer, but if I had to give away my visa number to one of these nurses and start all over, I would. Nurses are more valuable to me. They help the ill and in my cases they worked dedicatedly and tirelessly for months to help sustain life of my medically fragile son. Please respect dignity of other occupations.
Story published in two publications
Met with immi staff of Senators/Congressman

Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default who says nurses and doctors cannot be outsourced?

the nurse and doctor shortage will continue to be a tremendous boon to the growing medical tourism industry. oh and BTW according to this article, in the future, when you go overseas to get treatment, you will be in-network (i.e. covered by your American insurance):

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/...cal-leave.html

it's a whole new world out there!

Last edited by manderson; 04-30-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gconmymind View Post
Everywhere you read, you will find articles on shortage of nurses. Even Doctors are in the same EB line like you and me, but nurses are not. Apparently, there is a shortage. Also, companies can outsource software related work, but outsourcing nursing is not easy.

My 2 cents on why nurses are ahead in line. Whether that appears fair to you and me is a different issue.

Btw, I am a Software Engineer. Should I study nursing now???
Interesting why nurses are ahead of doctors.

Actually Nurses union (with USC/Green card ) etc is weak and cant protect themselves. So the Nursing industry lobby gets to import foreign nurses
and since they cant get nurseson h1b they lobby for EB

Doctor are a very powerful union. They will make sure foreign doctors dont get GC and increase their competetion.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does not mean that

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2neha View Post
I am an EB3 India software engineer, but if I had to give away my visa number to one of these nurses and start all over, I would. Nurses are more valuable to me. They help the ill and in my cases they worked dedicatedly and tirelessly for months to help sustain life of my medically fragile son. Please respect dignity of other occupations.
They can take away all the EB3 visa #s. When the all the labors were pending at BEC and the dates were backlogged they could still file 140 and 485 and lot of them got GCs. Even with PD as late as 2007 got GCs last summer. They can still work here with out GC. We are working here for the last 10 yrs without GC.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2neha View Post
v2neha....doctors are even more necessary than nurses...then why exactly nurses get better preference than doctors....wake up!!!!!

By the way AMA lobby actually make rules by restricting more and more the medical help that nurses can administer...to keep their jobs more secure....

Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Guys and gals,
It is simple supply and demand if supply of doctors is equal to or more than demand than no concerns however for Nurses the demand is way too higher than supply thus the stock price for nurses has to go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
v2neha....doctors are even more necessary than nurses...then why exactly nurses get better preference than doctors....wake up!!!!!

By the way AMA lobby actually make rules by restricting more and more the medical help that nurses can administer...to keep their jobs more secure....

Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxg View Post
Guys and gals,
It is simple supply and demand if supply of doctors is equal to or more than demand than no concerns however for Nurses the demand is way too higher than supply thus the stock price for nurses has to go up.
vxg...doctor demand is also very high. Even in Canada the story is like that
the local doctor lobby would rather like patients die due to doctor shortage
than loosen the restriction on licensing foreign doctor.

Nurses can be hired on H1B that where teh corporate lobby steps in.
Had H1B been there fore nurses it woudl have been story.
In fact...hypothetically if H1B and L1 visa catecory is banned for software
engineers...then corporate lobby will work to get EB for software engineers as well.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NCLEX - State Board of Nursing exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesrocks View Post
You need atleast a 2 year associate degree in nursing to write the NCLEX exam. Only if you are a RN job market is good.
Not True - Nursing Colleges have consulted with State Nursing Boards prior to starting up a 9 month program. There are at least 3 hospitals in New Orleans who have joined up with a Nursing College to offer a 9 month Nursing Program - I know this because I hired some of those graduates.

The school in New Orleans is Our Lady of the Lake Nursing College. This is not the only nursing college in the US to offer a 9 month program - there are several out there, you will have to google them out.
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Male or Female roles

Quote:
I think female nurses is the tradition for those of us from India or similar countries - but here in the US, there are no such boundaries or norms. Often more than half the RNs on a specialty small unit are male.

You work 3 shifts a week, 12 hrs per shift. There is a huge demand for RNs to pick up overtime shifts, so another plus pay-wise.

Most facilities require only every other weekend.

You get pretty good shift differentials for working weekends, and nights.

Several hospitals also have WOW specials - work on weekends only where the pay rate is much higher than other shifts.

Finally, in order keep you in the job, hospitals offer a variety of bonus packages - sign on bonus, quarterly bonuses, and even referral bonuses!

Plus, you get the perks of improved healthcare!!
In the U.S. since 1994

Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post

Goguy123,

One Nurse can care for between 2 to 6 inpatients. Nursing care is round the clock, minute by minute. One MD can have a huge case load, well higher than just 6 patients. With increasing medical services offered due to advancing technology, there are a lot more surgeries and medical admissions today than there were 10 years ago, all of this increases patient volumes, and the final impact is an increased demand for RNs to provide round the clock nursing care for inpatients.
In the U.S. since 1994

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default one guy i know..

Who is american...confessed to me that he was ACTUALLY a nurse...before moving over to IT - he says..the pay and the JOB STINKS...now we know why NURSES are ahead of us rite ????

GORAS want only stinking jobs to get Greencards and continue to get thanked for the OPPORTUNITY provided...our jobs are what they envy...thats why they are making us suffer...

I have nothing against nurses, we all wud be nowhere without them, for the care that they provide and they are well respected and I bow my head to that profession...but pushing them in front of the line..just because US needs nurses...that stinks..

Next we know they will call sweepers, Toilet cleaners, garbage cleaners, Drain sweepers and rag pickers in the line in front of us...because people here don't want to do those jobs...i don't know what degree is needed to qualify there..or maybe they will stamp GC in the airport itself..upon landing..(Like the good old days!!!)

Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
saloni is on a distinguished road
Default Amendment to use only visa number for Primary applicant

Can IV lobby or send letters to use only same immigrant visa number for primary and derivative. This can be included as an amendment to any of the EB based bills