Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinabath is on a distinguished road
Default Fence Bill Signed by President Bush on Wednesday.

Sorry if this is already posted.

on CNN politics section with title

"Bush tries to shift focus from war, Foley scandal"

Homeland security bill signed
After his remarks, Bush stepped outside on a patio with a view of Camelback Mountain to sign a $34.8 billion bill to fund homeland security. The bill includes $1.2 billion for about 700 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, along with vehicle barriers, lighting and infrared cameras to help catch people sneaking across.

But Bush has been saying for months that the country's immigration problems cannot be solved just by tightening border security. U.S. employers need cheap foreign labor, and immigrants will continue to sneak in to take the jobs, Bush said, so Congress should authorize temporary work permits to match those workers with low-paying jobs that other Americans don't want. He also wanted to give citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants already in the United States.

But Republicans in Congress took a tougher stance against immigration and have refused to give Bush the more comprehensive legislation he wanted.

"We'll continue to work with Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform that secures this border, upholds the laws and honors our nation's proud heritage as a land of immigrants," Bush said just before putting his pen to the bill's paper.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of

This belongs to News Article Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

This is not the fence bill. This is the DHS appropriations bill in which 1.2 billion dollar is allocated for fence building. Anyways. it doesn't matter if the fence bill is signed or not. It's not gonna make any difference to us so why worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinabath
Sorry if this is already posted.

on CNN politics section with title

"Bush tries to shift focus from war, Foley scandal"

Homeland security bill signed
After his remarks, Bush stepped outside on a patio with a view of Camelback Mountain to sign a $34.8 billion bill to fund homeland security. The bill includes $1.2 billion for about 700 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border, along with vehicle barriers, lighting and infrared cameras to help catch people sneaking across.