Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default FBI Name Check new Info!

http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/reports/FBI/a0824/final.pdf
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold
Default great report

It appears that the FBI is on a path to complete namechecks within a fixed time frame. This I guess is in part because of the 180 day ruling for adjustment of status and the 120 day rule for naturalization that is already in place.

The report of course throws light on the antiquated system and how it was swamped post 9/11.

I hope the FBI finishes its revamp sooner than later for all of us would definitely like our namechecks being cleared instead of it being left hanging over our heads like the sword of Damocles.

Once again thanks for this excellent link.

Last edited by waitnwatch; 06-10-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2001
Compare
10dulkar will become famous soon enough
Default really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
info.... Thanks...

Old 06-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Compare
raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute

NPR news reported today that FBI plans to ensure that by June 2009, most name-checks would clear in 30 days. Cannot cite any source, though.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks to all who sued USCIS

"The delays in security checks have generated lawsuits against the USCIS and the FBI. The FBI Office of the General Counsel reports that since 2005 more than 6,000 writs of mandamus have been filed by applicants and petitioners in federal courts compelling USCIS to grant or deny benefits without delay.I5 In 2007, a series of class action lawsuits were initiated on behalf of naturalization applicants. The petitions claim that adjudication delays caused by FBI backlogs and alleged mishandling of the security check process violate the Administrative Procedure Act and the Fifth Amendment Due Process Clause of the U.S. Constitution. In addition, some judges have threatened to use their authority to adjudicate applications or petitions.
To address the delays, in September 2007 the FBI and USCIS entered into an agreement to filter out certain FBI case files in an effort to decrease the volume of files reviewed for USCIS name checks and to speed up the name check process."

Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysaikat View Post
NPR news reported today that FBI plans to ensure that by June 2009, most name-checks would clear in 30 days. Cannot cite any source, though.
Yes. I heard this on NPR too in their "All things considered program at 6:45 pm" yesterday.
Contributed 28$ Give me a HIGH FIVE Drive
------------------------------------------
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
------------------------------------------

Old 06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about
Default good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
"The delays in security checks have generated lawsuits against the USCIS and the FBI. The FBI Office of the General Counsel reports that since 2005 more than 6,000 writs of mandamus have been filed by applicants and petitioners in federal courts compelling USCIS to grant or deny benefits without delay.I5 In 2007, a series of class action lawsuits were initiated on behalf of naturalization applicants. The petitions claim that adjudication delays caused by FBI backlogs and alleged mishandling of the security check process violate the Administrative Procedure Act and the Fifth Amendment Due Process Clause of the U.S. Constitution. In addition, some judges have threatened to use their authority to adjudicate applications or petitions.
To address the delays, in September 2007 the FBI and USCIS entered into an agreement to filter out certain FBI case files in an effort to decrease the volume of files reviewed for USCIS name checks and to speed up the name check process."
Lets now see how the implementation goes through..