Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV update: June 13, 2008

Just a quick update:

All 3 Lofgren bills will be marked up next week in the subcommittee.

IV is working with the committee members at this time and will give more updates as the bills move forward. Please continue to make calls.

Last edited by pappu; 06-13-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of summitpointe has much to be proud of
Default Thank you for your post

Good job.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Folks Please call

Please call..

Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/16/2007
Compare
girijas is a name known to all girijas is a name known to all girijas is a name known to all girijas is a name known to all girijas is a name known to all girijas is a name known to all
Default Calling again

It's suprisingly difficult to get people to make calls - most of them think it is silly or wrong to lobby, when the fact of the matter is that, the louder ones are those who get heard - not necessarily the ones who have a stronger case

Anyway, since it has been some time since I made the calls myself, I will go ahead and make the calls again. I guess others who have called before can do the same.
I-485 RD June 18th; ND July 13th 2007; NSC
non concurrent; I-140 approved
exercised AC21 using EAD

Old 06-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light Harivinder is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ths fo the info.

Thanks For the information. I have made all the calls and I am trying to convince my friends to do the same.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update.
Folks, please call u'r own lawmakers and the lawmakers listed on the phone campaign. Every call from constituents are very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Just a quick update:

IV is working with the committee members at this time and will give more updates as the bills move forward. Please continue to make calls.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2007
Compare
mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Just a quick update:

What does 'marked up' mean?

Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of imm_pro has much to be proud of

Going through a bill, usually in subcommittee, section by section, revising language, amending sections etc and reach a consensus

Old 06-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2007
Compare
mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light mirage41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm_pro View Post
Going through a bill, usually in subcommittee, section by section, revising language, amending sections etc and reach a consensus
Does that mean the bills could be changed further?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of
Default ????

does it mean, it was not discussed at all and it is going to be discussed next week?

Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

It means the immigration sub-committee will discuss and vote on this issue and it is a positive sign in my view that the democratic leadership is allowing this to go forward. If it passes the subcommittee then it will be sent to the floor and may be scheduled for a vote there. I am desperately hoping for a floor vote on this, hopefully the democratic leadership will see the justice on this one.

The CHC needs to realize that this is not about elitism. The EB community has been through this cycle of delayed EB reform for the sake of CIR on previous occasions and continuously since 2005. We have never opposed a pathway to legal status for the undocumented. It is time that they give us some consideration for our own plight. Failing which they will be seen by moderates as the hardliners.

Make the calls people. Your call may make the difference, especially if you are in the congressional district of a key contact, please, please make that call. Make a call and consider it your duty to persuade another colleague do one too.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

I have asked this question before and have called around 4 reps so far. Do I just leave a message or ask for the Congressman / woman? The receptionists are probably not even writing down the messages.

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 06-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we can write as well in addition to the calls. There is still around a week before the bills come to the floor.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2011
Compare
dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Calling is showing results!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aah_GC View Post
I have asked this question before and have called around 4 reps so far. Do I just leave a message or ask for the Congressman / woman? The receptionists are probably not even writing down the messages.
Hi Aah_GC
I called all the representatives and I thought they were not taking down any thing and way it even useful. basically I was doubting like you did so to one of the aides I asked did he get down the numbers and he just repeated them right back. Also any further doubts I had are cleared now as I see a lot of reps we were targeting actually becoming co-sponsors to these bills. So I would suggest (and urge) you to definitely call every lawmakers in all the 2 calling items. I mean it can never hurt right??

Old 06-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please call to lawmakers..

Please call lawmakers. We have full commitee hearing on 23rd and then soon we will on floor for voting. If we wont call then it may not make it to floor. For details go to home page.