Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Good One

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion00 View Post
I would like to share my experience and it may help some people here.
My H1 was sponsored by company A when I was working with them on OPT. I paid $3000 for H1 filing and attorney fees and company A gave me the H1 approval notice only after I signed an agreement that I would work for atleast one year with them.
Afetr 1 month of my H1 approval, I got a better job offer from company B and I got the H1 transferred. I notified my client and company A who threatened to revoke my H1, take me to court etc etc. They also withheld 4 weeks of my pay.
After joining company B, I filed a complaint against company A with DOL that they withheld my salary and also they demanded H1 fees from me. After 2 weeks of that complaint, my salary was deposited into my account and DOL was looking into my complaint about H1 fees. This case finally got resolved last week after about 18 months, when DOL finally persuaded company A to pay $3000 back to me.
I would request everyone who is a victim of these blood sucking employers to
take every possible action against them. There's a very little chance that they would go to court because they are themselves involved in gross irregularities.
Hats off to you. We can clean these bodyshops if everyone follows this path.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default public

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion00 View Post
I would like to share my experience and it may help some people here.
My H1 was sponsored by company A when I was working with them on OPT. I paid $3000 for H1 filing and attorney fees and company A gave me the H1 approval notice only after I signed an agreement that I would work for atleast one year with them.
Afetr 1 month of my H1 approval, I got a better job offer from company B and I got the H1 transferred. I notified my client and company A who threatened to revoke my H1, take me to court etc etc. They also withheld 4 weeks of my pay.
After joining company B, I filed a complaint against company A with DOL that they withheld my salary and also they demanded H1 fees from me. After 2 weeks of that complaint, my salary was deposited into my account and DOL was looking into my complaint about H1 fees. This case finally got resolved last week after about 18 months, when DOL finally persuaded company A to pay $3000 back to me.
I would request everyone who is a victim of these blood sucking employers to
take every possible action against them. There's a very little chance that they would go to court because they are themselves involved in gross irregularities.
now that this is not a private issue anymore (you have taken the employer to the court and DOL) you can defenitely save some souls if you reveal your employer here. having said, wish everyone had courage like you. good job.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Unhappy True

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
reasons...

I have seen many of my friends doing H1 for their spouses..... while their spouces have no experience what so ever..... employers help them cook their resumes..... in these cases employee has something to hide.... so they pay
H1 fees, stay on bench for few months......and never complain...

Now a days many companies send people on L1 visa. On L1 you have no choice. If you can't get H1 in April you are slave to the employer.... also with L1 there is no stipulated salary like H1.... so employers pay whatever they feel like and not market rate.....but since many employees have desire to stick around in US and save some Green... pay of their debts in home country.... they stay with same employer without complaining......
That is so TRUE! Ask me I finished my undergraduate from US, and I didn't get selected in the H1 lottery system 3 times, yes 3 times. Neither my wife's labor was cleared in July fiasco. So imagine my situation.

So,
who do I blame? US govt? Or these Desi companies who have exploited H1B system to the core, abusing the system and making our lives miserable each day. Well I am about to join an organization, which will report these Desi companies straight to Department of Commerce, there are a group of students from other Universities who are planning to be a part of the organization.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
That is so TRUE! Ask me I finished my undergraduate from US, and I didn't get selected in the H1 lottery system 3 times, yes 3 times. Neither my wife's labor was cleared in July fiasco. So imagine my situation.

So,
who do I blame? US govt? Or these Desi companies who have exploited H1B system to the core, abusing the system and making our lives miserable each day. Well I am about to join an organization, which will report these Desi companies straight to Department of Commerce, there are a group of students from other Universities who are planning to be a part of the organization.
Your question is genuine. Whom to blame ? definitely US gov for not providing enough H1B numbers.

What makes you think the permanent employees are better qualified to get an H1 than the ones from consulting companies ?
Generally consultants are highly competitive than the so called "permanent" employees. Many US graduates are employed due to some agreement between the universities and companies. During my consulting career, I have seen so many mediocre permanent employees who were hired just because they graduated from some XYZ US university.

I had a colleague who was PHD in computer science from some US university. His main topic of PHD, "parrallel processing". He didn't even have a proper understanding of different POSIX thread calls which he used for his PHD. That is the value of a US degree or PHD. Your degree is only as good as you !

I have been seeing many members talking about taking on consulting companies so that they can get better chunk of H1B visas. If you are that smart, go ahead and lobby for GC exemption for US graduates.

I know how labors are certified for the "permanent" employees. I was called as a candidate for one of those interviews.

Remember, if I ( the consultant) am coming down I am bringing down you ( permanent employee) with me.

Think before you leap !

Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Just in, Obama Administration wants to change law allowing employee to sue past employers and seek compensation. Current laws allows employee to sue for events up to 24 months in the past. This will change and suing employer is going to be a lot more easier. Bring it on baby, this time employees will be millionaires by suing body-shoppers. I am no longer going waste my money to buy lottery ticket

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814