Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sundar99 is on a distinguished road
Default EB2/EB3 Retro Hot- Hot NEWS February 2006

{ Edited for the reasons that it is damaging to the reputation of all the H1B employees and EB greencard seekers. Please email info@immigrationvoice.org or call the 281 number under contact us to address this issue if you have concerns. Sorry, but we cannot allow posts on forums that provide ammunition to organizations working against the objective of this organization and I hope you understand this. }

Arise and Awake to the reality, give it a good fight, this is your best year, since next year is impossible to get any consessions, (Election year), so think for yourself. No one is doing another a favour by working for EB Retro issues. You are the biggest beneficiary, if you think to scratch the back, you want someone's help then you are the biggest looser, no one will scratch your back. You have to fight your battle. So do not just come and visit and push off. Do not think others have lot off time and you are the only busy bee. Everyone has a job, their personal and official obligations, we are going beyond our time availablity to work for retrogression. I strongly urge you all to take this as a wake up call before it is TOOOOOOO LATEE TO REGRET ALSOOO...... I can help from the academia, considering lack of interest among most of you, I am sensing it is pointless to help anyone, when their is lack of interest in the EB RETRO Public, without participation., If you want to win election, you need votes. Similarly to win Retrogression, we need votes by way of mass participation. Hope it makes sense to you all.. Come register and strengthen your chances...

Last edited by logiclife; 02-19-2006 at 03:29 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the post, but please refrain from posting multiple identical threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar99
Very URGENT :

Arise and Awake to the reality, give it a good fight, this is your best year, since next year is impossible to get any consessions, (Election year), so think for yourself. No one is doing another a favour by working for EB Retro issues. You are the biggest beneficiary, if you think to scratch the back, you want someone's help then you are the biggest looser, no one will scratch your back. You have to fight your battle. So do not just come and visit and push off. Do not think others have lot off time and you are the only busy bee. Everyone has a job, their personal and official obligations, we are going beyond our time availablity to work for retrogression. I strongly urge you all to take this as a wake up call before it is TOOOOOOO LATEE TO REGRET ALSOOO...... I can help from the academia, considering lack of interest among most of you, I am sensing it is pointless to help anyone, when their is lack of interest in the EB RETRO Public, without participation., If you want to win election, you need votes. Similarly to win Retrogression, we need votes by way of mass participation. Hope it makes sense to you all.. Come register and strengthen your chances...
Thanks for the post, but please refrain from posting multiple identical threads

Last edited by logiclife; 02-19-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Labor substitution is an unfair practise

And the government knows about it. The arrest of Nick Mandalapa who was seeling labors openly on Sulekha and now the introduction of the rule banning labor subs is a step in the right direction.

I do realize that there will be a ton of substitution happening from now until April 13th, but I am optimistic that the folks approving these would be keeping an eye on this and will most likely reject the application.

Unfortunately the greedy will still take the risk and make the immigration lawyers wealthier. I am not sure letting Lou know about this would help us in the long run. Knowing him, he'll start portraying it as every H1B holder does this!

Old 02-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Sorry !

My browser hung, so did a repost !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
Thanks for the post, but please refrain from posting multiple identical threads

Old 02-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Lou Dobbs !

Lou Dobbs, can bad mouth enough on Labour sub to help the EB Retro cause...! this can be handy - so that all those short cut takers can ve short circuited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
And the government knows about it. The arrest of Nick Mandalapa who was seeling labors openly on Sulekha and now the introduction of the rule banning labor subs is a step in the right direction.

I do realize that there will be a ton of substitution happening from now until April 13th, but I am optimistic that the folks approving these would be keeping an eye on this and will most likely reject the application.

Unfortunately the greedy will still take the risk and make the immigration lawyers wealthier. I am not sure letting Lou know about this would help us in the long run. Knowing him, he'll start portraying it as every H1B holder does this!

Old 02-18-2006, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Automated contact ?

if the need arises ..how will of u get connected to discuss/pursue/followups ?

I do not want to see peanut eating folks or betel leaf chewing folks :-) watching what others are doing... Is there a way for everyone to connect ? Green Card Getting is not a simple business.

It needs strategic, methodical planning and execution towards approaching the govt and other agencies. I see that except 30-40 folks working on it, rest of them are relaxing...

1. Come with a action plan - Do not Spam/ or send faxes, to a great extent you will be pissing off Law Makers big Time !!!... Do not start with bad publicity and -ve image.
2. Work on a common goal, without putting too many amendments and clauses, think big and act.
3. Since the Imm Bill is due anytime, if you guys RELAX now, you will meet your waterloo.

Act...ACT... and NOW....

Old 02-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aj_jadeja is on a distinguished road
Default lets see what is stored for us here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundar99
if the need arises ..how will of u get connected to discuss/pursue/followups ?

Act...ACT... and NOW....
www.immigrationlaw.com

02/17/2006: Senate Judiciary to Table Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill

In yesterday's Executive Business Meeting of the Senate Judiciary marked up the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill. Please stay tuned to http://www.immigrationlaw.com website for the details of the calendar.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coolstonesa will become famous soon enough

Can you folks enlighten me what is this April 13 dead line about??

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Please refrain from such paranoid suggestions and actions

I have seen many such paranoid posts (pardon me using this word, but it is apt) . It turns many viewers and subscribers away. Post the same matter in a gentle way and kindle up your viewers.

Labor Substitution is ending. There are competent officers to study and grant applied labor substitutions. Leave it to them.

Lou Dobbs is an abrasive and foul mouth, who feigns fairness in treating a subject of his broadcast, but he is undermining American Competitiveness (and he may be having subliminal messages, one being English/White superiority in human thought and actions)

In my view, let's not beat a dying horse. There are far more simple and easy things, as outlined in the 'What are we fighting for?' to ask justice for.

Can you imagine when your dreams are coming true, your life's hard work is shaping up, say your son is 18 and your GC is in process. He is in university here in US. Within 3 years if you don't get GC, he crosses 21 and his GC is delayed and sidelined. It is issues like these that we must fight for. This may not be a common case, but a very valid alleviation to fight for.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default TV program on UCTV - Immigration

Do you know, yesterday on UCTV, 9412 channel on Dish Network, broadcast a 1 hour program on Immigration Reform, they focussed on illegal immigration and their problems and how without them America cannot live.

They also mentioned how legal workers can add to the evergrowing probelm of "Unemployment among americans", and also how the H1s come for cheap salaries to US, besides all this, they said, jobs are getting outsources to third world, and how the same folks from these countries are also taking away their Jobs in US !.

Just replying to your comments below, unless you hit the nail on the head, you are not going to drill the nail into the hole. Wake up to the realities, no one is paranoid here, these are realities, if you are living in a dream world where GCs are given freely, it must be the football game, not in US immigration. Also, if the SON is desperate to stay here, he has to work for it too to be top notch. The whole process is messed up, some have son issues, some have spouse not able to work issues, some have several years of retro issues, so all of them are valid examples. So there is no need to focus on someone's son is getting older and graduating - US govt can always claim, they did not ask H1 folks to bring their whole family to US :-) and it is not their problem if someone's kid is turning 21. Let us all work towards getting the base class addressed instead of highlighting Derived Classes.,

If folks always think "we are beating a dead wood or a dying horse" then you already declared yourself a Looser !

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
I have seen many such paranoid posts (pardon me using this word, but it is apt) . It turns many viewers and subscribers away. Post the same matter in a gentle way and kindle up your viewers.

Labor Substitution is ending. There are competent officers to study and grant applied labor substitutions. Leave it to them.

Lou Dobbs is an abrasive and foul mouth, who feigns fairness in treating a subject of his broadcast, but he is undermining American Competitiveness (and he may be having subliminal messages, one being English/White superiority in human thought and actions)

In my view, let's not beat a dying horse. There are far more simple and easy things, as outlined in the 'What are we fighting for?' to ask justice for.

Can you imagine when your dreams are coming true, your life's hard work is shaping up, say your son is 18 and your GC is in process. He is in university here in US. Within 3 years if you don't get GC, he crosses 21 and his GC is delayed and sidelined. It is issues like these that we must fight for. This may not be a common case, but a very valid alleviation to fight for.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default I said concentrate on a cream of issues affecting H1Bs...

You must realize that things are progressing darn well for H1Bs. You will admit that these are temporary employment visas. Now there is a 7th year extension. There is AC 21 portability. Seeing the skills, talent and productivity of these H1Bs, universities and employers are sponsoring for GCs.

Making more visa numbers available for H1Bs is the issue on hand. Concurrent filing of 140 and 485 is the other issueThat is what I said in my earlier reply to you. I said concentrate on a cream of issues affecting H1Bs. Let's not make esoteric demands, like, your raising LC subs (many holes in that. first and foremost, objectivity - provide a link, then the issue's reliability and its suitability to puruse now, when it is sunsetting in a few weeks). I encourage all persons affected by retrogression to come together, organize and act for a set of common goals.

There are set of government rules and laws. The best and most influential entity that can affect these rules are the end users of H1Bs; top coporations and universities. Immiration Voice should write to them to come to resolve the retrogression issues. I fully agree with IVs approach of hiring a consultant and meeting congressmen and senators.