Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signature in the posts: How about this idea?

This is a small idea and let us see if it works.

We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.

I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.

Suggestions are welcome.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 08-03-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea... signature updated.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

Good Idea!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Added with link to GIVE ME HIGH FIVE...

See my new Signature..

Old 08-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Default good idea

Sounds like a good idea.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2008
Compare
panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post

We all help each other on the forum by answering questions. Let us answer questions of members of our community and politely request the person asking the question, if your answer helped him. If it helped him, the member can consider contributing to Immigrationvoice.

I think if all active members add this small note in their signatures, it may help us generate more funds to continue this effort. You can choose to modify this message to make it more appealing or create a link to the high five campaign that is currently running.

Suggestions are welcome.
Pardon my ignorance but how do I hyperlink "contributing to immigrationvoice" part of the signature to the contribution page in IV. I am not from IT field as many of you would have already guessed

Old 08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

Panky,

Copy the text from Pappu's post. Go to Edit Signature option under User CP. Paste your copied text in the box. Now highlight "contributing to immigrationvoice" and then click on "globe-like" button right below "smily" button. This will pop-up the hyperlink box. Type of copy this in to the box "http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44"]contributing to immigrationvoice"

Old 08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all
Default Good Idea

Done
$100 onetime + $20 monthly contribution

Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2008
Compare
panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of panky72 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizash View Post
Panky,

Copy the text from Pappu's post. Go to Edit Signature option under User CP. Paste your copied text in the box. Now highlight "contributing to immigrationvoice" and then click on "globe-like" button right below "smily" button. This will pop-up the hyperlink box. Type of copy this in to the box "http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44"]contributing to immigrationvoice"
Thanks ebizash. Updated my signature.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2009
Compare
kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea. edited the signature.
I 140 approved: Sep 2008 Nebraska Service Center
EB1A: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
EB2 NIW: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
I-485 filed Dec 2009
I-485 approved April 2010

Old 08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of linking to the High-5 campaign a lot.
$5 sounds like a resonable donation for replies to a harrowing immigration question from experts who have lived it, seen it, done it.

BTW... Could we have a link that bring one to the paypal page directly where you could choose from a drop-down from $5, $10, $20... More like one click donation.
This would save potential donors from having to sift through the Contribution page and locate the place to click to get to the paypal page. It is likely lead to a lot of "conversions".

Just a thought
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default done

see \/\/\/
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default updated signature.

Quote:

Suggestions are welcome.

great idea...
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default caution!!

Great idea. But make sure the replies you send are appropriate to the questions. I think those who add that to their signature should be more careful in avoiding jokes or vain words so that others don't take it (signature) lightly.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Suggestions are welcome.

Done!!!