Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road

Guys,

I don't think we need to get too worked about this, or spend much time responding to such "needless needling". I think your posts above should answer all questions.

Let's focus on our mission- which is, to apprise lawmakers of the genuine plight of skilled, legal immigrants- folks who bring much needed skills to work for this country, folks who pay high taxes and contribute to their communities, folks who respect and follow the law!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default I recant my earlier post.

I recant my earlier outburst at mercies since I realize that he was acting as a messenger to the problem. Sorry for the offense mercies.

There are many people who would just run away from effort when doubts are raised and since people of afraid of being punished for just advocating a public policy or writing a letter to congress in the first place. I would request you to not reproduce posts here or on portal that would echo the material the plants fear and doubts among members. When the core group is spending 2-3 hours a day on top of their fulltime job plus the weekends, plus out of pocket expenses on travel to DC, its disheartening when a post on forum scares away sceptical members.

I have already edited my earlier post.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
arihant will become famous soon enough

Has anybody heard the story of the canadian skater who was allowed to become a citizen in an expedited manner (she had one more year to go before meeting the 5 year criterion for eligibility after GC) just before the olympics. Actually, I think she won a silver medal at the olympics for the USA.

Anyway, from what I hear, she had gotten her GC in 2002 and had been living and training in Detroit with her american skating partner. When she decided to participate as an american, but was not elibible to apply for citizenship until 2007. So, she contacted a lobbyist to help her with her case. The lobbyist was able to convince a michigan senator (not sure who this is) to help. The story is that the senator was able to include a measure in the bill signed by the President in Dec to make it legal for people in the situation such as the skater to apply for citizenship even when the 5 year period is not complete. The measure got passed when the president signed the dec bills.

So, they filled her application, got the immigration services folks in Detroit to come out during the chrstmas holidays specifically for her, and got her the citizenship in time for her to get her passport for the games.

So, my point is...if it is legal for the lobbyist to help her (a non-citizen) with her immigration case and it was legal for the senator to introduce the measure, why would it be deemed illegal to do what we are attemting with our lobby firm and our efforts to meet and talk to the senators and congress people?

Old 02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Her name is Tanith Belbin

Her story is here

Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

Great point arihant. What all of us have to remember is that even if we don't have voting powers, if we can prove that it is in the interest to USA to change these antiquated laws, the lawmakers will act. That is precisely what we are doing currently with the help of QGA.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Mercies,

We appreciate ur apprehension, but please do not sow unnecessary seeds of doubt. As it is, making most legal immigrants take part in this struggle, is like milking a male buffalo.
This is so true of Desis. Atleast the illegals have the guts to openly conduct a rally.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
This is so true of Desis. Atleast the illegals have the guts to openly conduct a rally.
It's ridiculous how some Desi minds function. I mean they seem to think "Kuch na Kuch to anth aayega hi, this cannot last forever". Arre bhiayya, if we dont do anything to end this, how is it going to end??

Old 02-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of
Default Money Order

why r we wasting time in such a useless topic...
those who really want to help IV financillay and r backing off frm just some false rumours...

Go to the post Office and send a money order...so tht u dont have to worry abt anything...anyway..its a matter of time u will know all theses rumours were false...

We might succeed in ending GC retrogression...but i am sure some desi minds will retrogress for the next 100 years...

Last edited by munnu77; 02-21-2006 at 07:00 PM.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2008
Compare
MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about MerciesOfInjustices has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks, point noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
I recant my earlier outburst at mercies since I realize that he was acting as a messenger to the problem. Sorry for the offense mercies.

There are many people who would just run away from effort when doubts are raised and since people of afraid of being punished for just advocating a public policy or writing a letter to congress in the first place. I would request you to not reproduce posts here or on portal that would echo the material the plants fear and doubts among members. When the core group is spending 2-3 hours a day on top of their fulltime job plus the weekends, plus out of pocket expenses on travel to DC, its disheartening when a post on forum scares away sceptical members.

I have already edited my earlier post.
I appreciate your words. I will be more careful about how to counter negative propaganda either myself or get help from others! This was clumsy and impulsive of me to post this all here, but believe me I have myself learnt so much more in this process!
Truely, I appreciate how much effort is being put in on the behalf of all of us!

Quote:
Mercies there is a bit of a difference in getting ur doubts addressed and ur post. Once again i didnt mean any offence to you in particular, just was upset by the sheer length and attack in ur post.
eb3_nepa, I was hasty because I was thinking of how negative posts were not being countered. I was more worried about how the silent viewers take in all wrong info! But, now I know where to get help now and who to turn to!
Quote:
From what I gathered, you were just being a messenger and if you look at my post, I have never referred to you in anything. All my answers were directed to hadron. At the same time its a little frustrating to us when people repeatedly keep on questioning our goals/legitimacy. Being a messenger, you bore the brunt from some of us

Hopefully you realize our situation and will keep on volunteering/contributing....
ragz4u, I understand. I see your frustrations but I think we have to keep working on some people who are just oblivious to all the good work that is being done at IV!
But, this battle has not even been joined yet - so we have to soldier on patiently!
Your brilliant posted answers are what I was looking for to start with!
Please keep up the good work!