Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you think that, this proposal will gain more traction

Guys, HR 5882 is having Total recapture of 550,000 visas (Employment Based + Family Based) . We all were hoping that this bill would pass, but it did not pass in Judiciary Committee so far. Probably because of opposition from some lawmakers, may be group of some people due to current state of Economy.
But How about, if we would just try for "Recapture for Employment Based visas , for Adjustment of Status" ( EB Visa recapture Numbers are arround 218,000). By this way, no American job would be taken away as this is just a recpture of visas for just Adjustment of Status. So, if we can drop Family Based Visa Recapture from the bill (approx.332,000 visa), this bill might pass in the congress. Looks like, we do not have any choice and bill might still have possibility of passing in lame duck session. Don't get me wrong, I also want to keep Family Based Visas in the Current State of HR 5882 Bill. But if we would be able to pass just recapture of Employment Based visas at this stage, Family based visas recapture can be taken up later on. This is just a thought. IV core group and members can discuss this idea for further action.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCOP View Post
But if we would be able to pass just recapture of Employment Based visas at this stage, Family based visas recapture can be taken up later on. This is just a thought. IV core group and members can discuss this idea for further action.
I am single but still I would say Family based visias should be given first preference over employmeent. They need it more than us. Think about the seperated family. GC is not stopping u from working right...?? But GC for familys separated is stopping them from living together.

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

FB part of this bill is what makes many democrats to support this bill.

Anti-immigrants will oppose any kind of immigration ( EB as well as FB)

Old 09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute

Family based visas has a lot of support from the citizens who are actually voting in the elections, no wonder politicians like it. No matter what you say, anti-immigrants will always twist the truth and spread the news that all these visas are new and will take away American jobs. Dont you think family based people will want to drop all the employment based green cards?

Quote:
Guys, HR 5882 is having Total recapture of 550,000 visas (Employment Based + Family Based) . We all were hoping that this bill would pass, but it did not pass in Judiciary Committee so far. Probably because of opposition from some lawmakers, may be group of some people due to current state of Economy.
But How about, if we would just try for "Recapture for Employment Based visas , for Adjustment of Status" ( EB Visa recapture Numbers are arround 218,000). By this way, no American job would be taken away as this is just a recpture of visas for just Adjustment of Status. So, if we can drop Family Based Visa Recapture from the bill (approx.332,000 visa), this bill might pass in the congress. Looks like, we do not have any choice and bill might still have possibility of passing in lame duck session. Don't get me wrong, I also want to keep Family Based Visas in the Current State of HR 5882 Bill. But if we would be able to pass just recapture of Employment Based visas at this stage, Family based visas recapture can be taken up later on. This is just a thought. IV core group and members can discuss this idea for further action.

Last edited by jayleno; 09-24-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking from the view of the people who are opposing have argument that, new American Jobs will be taken away. In my first post, I have written that we have not thought of or do not want to think about dropping FB Visa recapture. But it was just a proposal that we can tell those people that no American job will be lost. I am not against Family based immigration or any kind of immigration. This idea was just put forward for those Groups who oppose immigration due to fear of taking away new American jobs.
PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayleno View Post
Family based visas has a lot of support from the citizens who are actually voting in the elections, no wonder politicians like it. No matter what you say, anti-immigrants will always twist the truth and spread the news that all these visas are new and will take away American jobs. Dont you think family based people will want to drop all the employment based green cards?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
"WE" do not decide what to keep and what to drop from bills - Elected representatives of US citizens do!

All we can do (either directly or through paid lobbyists) is suggest some common-sensical options and appeal to reasonableness of the elected representatives - at the end of the day - they would listen to current voters or go by what would and would not sit well with their current voters
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Last edited by sayantan76; 09-24-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Please Close This Thread

This was just a proposal for EB visa Recapture First and then FB Visa Recapture, as nothing is passing in the current form of the bill. I think we have discussed this proposal enough, Please Close this thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Feb-00
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2000
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2000
Compare
levelup3 is infamous around these parts levelup3 is infamous around these parts levelup3 is infamous around these parts levelup3 is infamous around these parts

Thanks for all your post