Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
Aluwal has a spectacular aura about Aluwal has a spectacular aura about
Default Congress Currently Undertaking Passage of Pending Bills en Masse!!

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

Both the House and the Senate are currently in the process of taking up and passing en masse the pending bills using the short-cut legislation tools of voice votes or unanimous consent, taking advantage of its continuing session to take care of the bail-out legislation on Friday. Unfortunately, the immigration bills which the employment-based immigrants are anxiously awaiting have not been taken up. Both the full House and the full Senate can take up any bills pending in the committees rescinding referral to the committees and pass the bills on the full House or Senate floor. Members of the immigrant community may bombard the members of the House and the Senate with the phone calls to try the "last chance" for these bills. For the floor proceedings of the House, http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold

Should we put efforts into this?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold Abhinaym is a splendid one to behold

Seems to be a valid enough reason to start calling!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Called Office of House Speaker

I just called Office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and requested to take up the Bill HR 5882 for voting in this 110 th congress. Phone Number of her office is:
202-225-4965

I know the chances are very slim but it doesn't hurt in trying.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold

This ph. number is busy all the time...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute

I tried 2 or 3 times and it was busy. Finally, I was able to talk with the person and he transferred me to Speaker's voice mail and I left a message.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Request for HR 5882 for taking up for Voting in 110 th Congress

Here is the E-mail address for House Speaker's Office

sf.nancy@mail.house.gov

Old 10-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default sent email

Dear Ms. Speaker

This is a request to you from all the Legal Immigrants community to take up the H.R 5882 bill for voting in the 110th congress. This will help USCIS recapture the Lost Visas.

Subject Line : Request for HR 5882 for taking up for Voting in 110 th Congress

Old 10-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare

I just called speaker's office again on phone# 202-225-4965 , and requested a lady on the phone, to pass on a message to Speaker to consider HR 5882 for voting in 110 th congress.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
Default Good Job

Very Good. It might help but will not hurt. We have to just keep trying for visa recapture bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funny View Post
Dear Ms. Speaker

This is a request to you from all the Legal Immigrants community to take up the H.R 5882 bill for voting in the 110th congress. This will help USCIS recapture the Lost Visas.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default gone for recess and not back yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny View Post
Dear Ms. Speaker

Dont have hope. They are gone for recess and we we know their recess time !

Old 10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare

We don't know the time, when they will be back. But I heard on the news that, House is going to vote on Bail out bill by Friday morning. So they will be back either today or tomorrow morning for that vote.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I think its worth trying to call and send emails...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default If they return tomorrow then forget about HR 5882.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCOP View Post
We don't know the time, when they will be back. But I heard on the news that, House is going to vote on Bail out bill by Friday morning. So they will be back either today or tomorrow morning for that vote.
Tomorrow they will have to spend full day dedicated to Bail out. I dont think dem will dare to bring HR 5882. It will be a partisan then and no repulican will vote for it. and simple rejection.

I think they are voting on bills that are not partisan and not hot issue. like for home less thing and etc...

I dont think they will pass any bill related to Immi , Finance, budget , medicare , Taxes.. They need full debate and then vote.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Reply from Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Thank you for contacting my office.

Congressional courtesy prevents me from replying to emails if I cannot determine that you are a constituent of mine.

If you are not a resident of California's 8th Congressional District and are contacting me in regard to my role as Speaker, please email me at AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov.

If you are a resident of the 8th District of California, please contact my office in Washington, DC at (202) 225-4965 to be added to our database.

Lets email her at AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov.