Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV Announcement: ALL NEW IV

Change:
1. To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is.

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future".- JOHN F. KENNEDY

Dear IV members,

Happy New Year 2009.

Today is an important day in history. We have a new President taking oath and we are going to be a witness of this historic moment. It is with great pleasure we make the following announcement and start the next and important phase of our effort. This year maybe an important year for immigration reform and administrative fixes in the new administration. IV plans to make efforts on several fronts to get success this year.

As part of this effort we have redesigned our website. The aim of this redesign was not only to offer new features that we may find useful, but also to draw all immigrants on IV platform for our advocacy effort. We need maximum participation possible in our campaign to be successful. We also want to reemphasize that Immigrationvoice is for everyone, not just people from one nation or a category. The aim of this organization is to be a platform for immigrants from all nationalities and categories who would take part in its grassroots efforts. One of the ways to bring everyone on a common platform is to offer value to visitors who visit our site and want to become members. Once they get more than just answers to their immigration questions and see value in this effort, they would definitely be a an active participant in this cause. We also want to involve people from student community, greencard holders, citizens and other immigrant groups to get a wider support for our efforts and will welcome their support, ideas and participation. We are positive that this new energy and strategy will help us bring out the change we need from the greencard struggle.

Here are the list of features that we have rolled out in the first phase of our site upgrade. More features are expected to be rolled out in the coming months. The website is still not complete and the homepage may look incomplete too, but we wanted to make it live as soon as possible for our community. You will see changes being implemented everyday and the site will grow into the best immigrant network site there is out there in USA. When we all are the best and the brightest, we should have a site that reflects that! All this is being possible due to the tireless effort of some of our IV members who spent several late nights and weekends during the past 2 months to make this happen.

1. New Site design:
We have redesigned the site to make it more clean, usable and pleasing to the eye. The menu is now easy to navigate and information should be more organized. IV now also has a new Identity. The logo represents who we are. It shows 'IV' ('I' and 'We' that we commonly refer this organization as, and visually represent the feeling of togetherness by the red circles (symbolic of immigrants) joined with each other through a common thread. The 'Voice' in Immigrationvoice has been shown with emphasis to show the power of our voice when we are together.

2. IV Forums: Several new features are now added to IV forums. The registration process has been made extremely simple. A new member can simply put his id, email and password in the form fields to register. No more mandatory fields! The profile information can be edited with case information by easily going into the user profile/Control panel. Each post is now integrated with the IV tracker so that members can easily view case information to better understand and answer a poster. There is also a compare button that helps a user compare his data with any member’s data. We have created special areas for prediction/Analysis threads and non-immigration related or Gossip threads.

3. IV Tracker:
The IV tracker is now completely revamped. We have tried to give our members a best in class tracker with several features to track and analyze the data. More features will be added to the tracker in the coming months. We urge everyone to update their profile so that the data analysis from the tracker can be used for advocacy purposes.

4. IV Blogs:
Blogging will be an integral part of our site offering each member to blog and express their opinions and ideas. Blogs are integrated in every member’s profile and one can easily access blogs. Soon we will add more rich media capability to the site so that members can upload more pictures, videos and files to share with others. The blogs will also aggregate top immigration blogs through RSS feeds.

5. IV Wiki:
The immigration Wiki aims at becoming the top most wiki on immigration. Please visit the wiki and help the community by adding useful content to it.

6. IV Messenger:
The chat feature on IV has been enhanced though the new messenger. We are going to be adding new features to the messenger soon. This messenger will help our members chat privately between themselves or chat or gossip in public on various subjects.

7. IV social networks:
This new feature will help members connect with each other in more ways than one. You can make friends on IV and this is integrated with IV tracker. You can watch your friends cases and can receive emails whenever a friend’s case is updated. Members can start their own social networking group or join one. This group will allow them to post pictures, discuss etc.

At this time we are in the process of fixing bugs in the new system. If you find a bug, please send that information to us at info@immigrationvoice.org. If you have ideas for any new feature we must add, pls send that too. We plan to add more new features to the site in the coming months. You are going to fall in love with IV.

We cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what we can say is we must change if we are to get better. IV plans to use this positive energy in our upcoming grassroots campaigns and be successful. We have reached thus far from a humble start, have received small successes and have learnt from experiences. We are certain that when we receive massive support from our members, we can succeed much more.

YES WE CAN

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-20-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future inskrish has a brilliant future

Excellent work! Congrats IV! I can't wait to experiment these amazing changes. :-)
I-485 (NSC Received on 07/02/2007 at 10:20am)
I-485 RD: 08/08/2007 ND: 10/02/2007
Name Check: Pending as of 08/08/08
08/15/2008: Sent an email to Senator.
08/20/2008: Received a call from Senator's offfice to submit further evidence for my complaints (RFE from Senator office)
09/09/2008: Name Check is clear.( Info from Senator's office)
09/01/09: Received I-485 CPO email
09/08/09: Received the GC.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

New Look and Feel makes me happy.

I can't tell you how much I miss IV in last 48 hrs.

Thanks,
MDix

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best of Luck to all of us

Congrats IV on all the changes! I haven't tried out all the features yet, but it is exciting to see IV in this new outfit! It looks bright and clean.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is a GREAT Change !!

This is indeed a great change in this New Year full of hopes.

Excellent Work !!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Together we will prevail

Yes we can!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Great looks!
indeed we can!!! and We will!!!!

GCCovet

Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice GCapplicant is just really nice

I was wondering what happened...Nice blue colour

Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up great job!

nice job - its cleaner more professional looking.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default President Obama in his inagural address

said the following:

"We are a nation of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Non-Believers"......

He regards Hinduism as a major religion. That itself is global knowledge.

President Obama, now for some legal high skilled immigration reforms.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Last edited by anilsal; 01-20-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Looks Great.

Thanks for the new IV website. It looks great and congrats to the folks who did a terrific job adding new features.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Awesome...

Blue color looks gooood !!

Great Job!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is cool

Site looks cool. Thanks to every one who put efforts in redesigning the site.

Hope 2009 will bring good to all of us.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice
Default Change has come to America!

Great work! Thanks IV core. The new site looks AWESOME!!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Go IV

The new look is grt. Will start using the new features shortly