Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriajay12 View Post
I now see why you got a red.
So basically you are also supporting this " If I am in INdia now and waiting for H1 visa, then start a campaign that everyone gets a H1 and then you worry about filing 485. You all have H1s and look at me".
Please see the good thats being discussed here and participate in it.
In the bad economy if everyone can get EAD it will help more. All we need is an admin fix to allow filing of I485 and get EAD benefits
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Excellent Idea

It is really cool and very excellent idea. Hope we push this one forward with IV core support.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of lunar has much to be proud of
Default Very good idea

Very good idea. Only change I would propose would be 180 days instead of 1 year.

Contributed $100 today.
Receipt ID: 5116-8138-6595-2887

Old 02-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
ALLOW EVERYONE TO FILE I485 SHOULD BE OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
You people already have filed 485 and have EAD. EAD gives you so much freedom . It is as good as a green card.

What about people who are less fortunate and cannot file II485. We need to allow everyone to be on the same page first and enjoy EAD freedom.

That should be our priority before any country limits or this thread action item
Please don't muck up this thread. Kate123/Jchan I think lead the effort of "Allowing everyone to file I485" but it ran into issues as it requires a change in law than an admin fix. No one is stopping you to pursue that option further.

Last edited by qasleuth; 02-25-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent idea

Please create a poll and also start a special funding drive. I am committing $ 200 for this effort.

Hopefully desi3933 can come by and perform a reality check on this proposal.

Last edited by qasleuth; 02-25-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
In the bad economy if everyone can get EAD it will help more. All we need is an admin fix to allow filing of I485 and get EAD benefits
Desi3933 provided 'proof' that you need a legislative fix to allow filing of 485 when priority date is not current in this thread.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ferrerid=15623 (Pre-Application of AOS)

Again, do start and pursue that effort in a separate thread.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Nice and refreshing idea. Two Thumps Up!!
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"

Old 02-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForMyGC View Post
Nice and refreshing idea. Two Thumps Up!!
I am sure you meant: two thumbs up and not 'two thumps up' Thanks for providing an early morning chuckle

I agree, this is a good idea!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by green.tech View Post
i am sure you meant: Two thumbs up and not 'two thumps up' thanks for providing an early morning chuckle

i agree, this is a good idea!

lol:d

Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Good One.

Great Idea. We can have a poll on this just to see how many support this.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasleuth View Post
Please create a poll and also start a special funding drive. I am committing $ 200 for this effort.

Hopefully desi3933 can come by and perform a reality check on this proposal.
An interesting idea to say the least. Out of box suggestion.

However, there are few things, from legal point of view, it needs to overcome. I will post my detailed comments this afternoon.

Once again, this is a great idea!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future
Default Good idea

Very good idea. Actually I have sent this suggestion as part of the mail to ombudsman a while back.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23280 (CIS Ombudsman - Send Your Recommendations on systemic process changes)

'realizeit' has used very good terminology.
Would be great if IV core endorses it.Also looking forward to 'desi3933' comments.
Once IV core endorses it running a funding drive for this action would be a good idea too.

Thank you.

Last edited by ita; 02-25-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayleno View Post
Great Idea. We can have a poll on this just to see how many support this.
ya, lets step-up a poll and have everyone vote, as if this is the US congress. And after voting leave it for someone else to work on this and other "brilliant" idea. There needs to be a reality check. This poll doesn't mean anything unless there are enough people to spend time and energy at every level. But ya, lets setup a poll and have everyone vote, it will give everyone a feel good factor that everyone contributed in the advocacy effort, how? by voting in the pool and not doing anything about how everyone votes.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Tech View Post
I am sure you meant: two thumbs up and not 'two thumps up' Thanks for providing an early morning chuckle

I agree, this is a good idea!

Sorry a TYPO.
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"

Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
ya, lets step-up a poll and have everyone vote, as if this is the US congress. And after voting leave it for someone else to work on this and other "brilliant" idea. There needs to be a reality check. This poll doesn't mean anything unless there are enough people to spend time and energy at every level. But ya, lets setup a poll and have everyone vote, it will give everyone a feel good factor that everyone contributed in the advocacy effort, how? by voting in the pool and not doing anything about how everyone votes.

Sanju, I understand your cynicism but not sure how your scathing comments are helping the cause. Hurling insults is not how you motivate people, if at all that is your intention. If you are so disillusioned then step aside for a few weeks/months and just watch.
Keep in mind, I am not personally attacking you.