Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
oliTwist has a spectacular aura about oliTwist has a spectacular aura about
Default Ok with this idea!

I am ok with this idea. At this point, I am ok with anythign..SOmething is better than nothing ....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
ya, lets step-up a poll and have everyone vote, as if this is the US congress. And after voting leave it for someone else to work on this and other "brilliant" idea. There needs to be a reality check. This poll doesn't mean anything unless there are enough people to spend time and energy at every level. But ya, lets setup a poll and have everyone vote, it will give everyone a feel good factor that everyone contributed in the advocacy effort, how? by voting in the pool and not doing anything about how everyone votes.

we need contribution (money) and participation (time and presence) from each and everyone of you to make this work. Long story short, it will just remain as a bulletin post, if everyone remain as keyboard veterans, aka keyboardians

Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute

You are very good critic, I hope your criticism will lead people into right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
ya, lets step-up a poll and have everyone vote, as if this is the US congress. And after voting leave it for someone else to work on this and other "brilliant" idea. There needs to be a reality check. This poll doesn't mean anything unless there are enough people to spend time and energy at every level. But ya, lets setup a poll and have everyone vote, it will give everyone a feel good factor that everyone contributed in the advocacy effort, how? by voting in the pool and not doing anything about how everyone votes.

Thank's
MDix

Old 02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You!

First of all let me thank all of you who responded to this thread positively or negatively. I have a humble request. Please make sure that the comments that you post in this thread are not finger pointers to anyone else in the community. Please provide your positive or negative comments about this idea. Also make sure that your comments are not cynical ones which will just put this idea into the dust bin. If you can't motivate, please do not discourage others from getting some motivation and giving motivation. Without positive energy and a conducive environment, we will not achieve anything. If you have high cynical opinion, please hold that with you - as it will help you as well - because by doing that, you are helping this community to work on an issue with positive energy. If there is some positive outcome of the effort by this community, you too can enjoy the fruit. So, my point is, your biggest help would be keeping quiet. Letís have a constructive and productive brain storming.

Even after this brain-storming, if our conclusion is negative, we should not give up. We should continue to work on this and if this requires a legislative change, still this may be an easy one as it wonít add any new GC numbers to the existing quota. This just removes the UNCERTAINITY surrounds our life. What I meant was, there wonít be much ammunition that the protectionists and anti-immigrants can gather against this effort.

I can completely understand the user Ganguteliís frustration. He has a very valid point too, with respect to applying for I-485 when dates are not current. As I quoted earlier ďA journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.Ē. So, we should continue this effort in small steps instead of a big bang method. In this current economic environment, if our proposal is too big, it could get ignored within no time. Administration will say that, we will do this along with Comprehensive Immigration reform or something like that. We may add a reasonable addition to this proposal to fix the problems of folks like Ganguteli. Something like, if your 140 is approved and 1 year has passed, the person must be able to apply for 485 irrespective of whether his country is retrogressed or not. I am not sure about the legality of all these. Thatís where the importance of this community emerges. If we can work together, we can solve all our problems in small steps.

If IV and our community take this as a priority item to work on, I will provide $500.00 as an initial aid to this effort. I could offer more on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
An interesting idea to say the least. Out of box suggestion.

However, there are few things, from legal point of view, it needs to overcome. I will post my detailed comments this afternoon.

Once again, this is a great idea!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute

What Sanju posted is not off the mark. And I agree with Wandmaker. The person who came up with this idea needs to PM or e-mail Pappu or Administrator and get some feedback if IV Core supports this. If you get the yay from Pappu, then form a small core group who will tacke the operational aspect of this idea and keep it moving forward. The "posts" need to be coverted to "actions". I am just speaking from experience having run a successful year long campaign with IV already. Best of Luck!
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts hotscud21 is infamous around these parts
Default Can USCIS really do that?

I totally agree with your idea and am sure that it would be great relief for all of us. But USCIS is so lazy that they do adjudicate cases which have their priority dates as "current". It would be a miracle if they really adjudicate all cases even if the visa number is not available. I think we should also push for a system where USCIS should release the total number of cases adjudicated on a weekly/monthly basis so that the process is transparent and we can see how much work they do.

I hope they pre-adjudicate all our cases and end our miseries.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manugee is on a distinguished road
Default Good idea

Very good idea. I don't know how can i support but I'm in.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think this idea has some traction

I think this idea has some traction.

Now on the other side, I am wondering why IV core hasn't yet posted their opposition to this idea.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of chaanakya has much to be proud of
Default Too much sense

This idea has only one problem, it makes too much sense !
If the motivation behind the immigration system was to benefit the immigrants, things would not be where they are today. Think about it, all these RFE's, NOID's and MTR's are the pieces of paper that generate revenue for the USCIS, the lawyers involved and the whole bureaucratic set up. Now why would a common sense solution like yours be implemented which benefits only the immigrants and stops oodles of money from coming in? The whole idea of giving people EAD's and AP's (ie the defacto rights of a green card) and forcing them to renew these documents for years instead of simply giving the green card is preposterous. The excuse given is that it is the law and changing the law is hard. Changing the law is not hard, changing the political realities of a nation entrenched in xenophobia is what is hard.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:33 PM
ganguteli
Default Why did you give me reds

Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.
Firstly, why do you care about reputation on the forums (reds)?
Secondly, did you try the process described by NolaIndia?

Here is the process as described by NolaIndian:

"The person who came up with this idea needs to PM or e-mail Pappu or Administrator and get some feedback if IV Core supports this. If you get the yay from Pappu, then form a small core group who will tacke the operational aspect of this idea and keep it moving forward. The "posts" need to be coverted to "actions". I am just speaking from experience having run a successful year long campaign with IV already. Best of Luck! "

BTW: I did not give you any reds and I completely ignore the whole reputation/reds/greens business.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Very good idea. Actually I have sent this suggestion as part of the mail to ombudsman .
[url]http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23280[/url

'realizeit' has used very good terminology.

Thank you.
I will do the same right now. Many thanks "realizeit".

Also to one of the comments in this thread "It makes too much sense...". I fully agree with what you say about USCIS's loosing money. However, this suggestion will put them on the spot. At least they have to answer about why they are not willing to do so in case they say "no" (Obviously, they will not be able to say , they loose money).

Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Great idea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
[size="3"][font="Trebuchet MS"]
ďA journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.Ē

~ Lao Tzu (570-490 BC), Famous Inspirational quote by the Chinese Founder of Taoism.
Realizeit, This is a brilliant idea that you have put forth. If what you are proposing happens, boy-o-boy!!! lot of head aches and tension would go away for folks who have applied their I-485 and waiting for a long time. Just imagine if the status changes to "ADJUDICATED-WAITING FOR VISA NUMBER" it would be as good as getting the GC.
I totally support your effort.

Thanks for the great idea and I hope this proposal would move forward and not be a dead thread!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light maheshmail is a glorious beacon of light

This is Fantastic Idea

Old 02-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future

The idea needs to be taken to the next step, How about a conference call....I can provide a Bridge for the call
I-140 Approved
I-485 : Yet to file
Waiting Priceless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~