Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2004
Compare
GreenCardLegion is infamous around these parts GreenCardLegion is infamous around these parts

I am game for this! Good Idea
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
Now on the other side, I am wondering why IV core hasn't yet posted their opposition to this idea.
Let me guess, you have been brain washed by some jerk who claims that he is GOD. So you see things around you through the prizm of that jerk, and you think that the purpose of creating a good idea is to shoot it down.

Allow me to share some common sense, which is always tough. Every idea has its time and place. Every good idea also has its time and place. Out of time and out of place idea is as good as hurting yourself. So while you sit in your rabbit hole listening to your GOD, wanting to work on the removal of per-country limits, just open your eyes and see that the world around you is much more beautiful if you don't see it with the prizm of some jerk. Hope you know what I am trying to say ....

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

I've sent this mail a while back with this idea.I didn't send it today.(Just wanted to set that straight to avoid any misunderstandings )
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23280 (CIS Ombudsman - Send Your Recommendations on systemic process changes)

If we can still send the mails to ombudsman then may be we should all send lots of mails with just this message.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbawa10 View Post
I will do the same right now. Many thanks "realizeit".

Also to one of the comments in this thread "It makes too much sense...". I fully agree with what you say about USCIS's loosing money. However, this suggestion will put them on the spot. At least they have to answer about why they are not willing to do so in case they say "no" (Obviously, they will not be able to say , they loose money).

Last edited by ita; 02-25-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2020 View Post
The idea needs to be taken to the next step, How about a conference call....I can provide a Bridge for the call
I am hoping realizeit is in the process of contacting IV core and will update us soon. If not, realizeit please update as to what you are planning on doing.

After IV core gives us the go ahead, I think we should take your offer on the bridge call.

I would also suggest, not sending any mails yet to Ombudsman till we form a plan of action.

Ofcourse, still eagerly waiting for desi3933 to get back to us with cold hard analysis to set us straight

Last edited by qasleuth; 02-25-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold
Default Hats off, nice idea. Atleast I can give you green

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
[size="3"][font="Trebuchet MS"]
[color="DarkRed"]A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.
I support your idea. Excellent job !

Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice
Default Excellent Idea !!! Worth 1000 Stars

Can we get the Stubborn IV Core moving ?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpisontheway View Post
Can we get the Stubborn IV Core moving ?
Now you deserve a sanju response go for it man !

Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Let me guess, you have been brain washed by some jerk who claims that he is GOD. So you see things around you through the prizm of that jerk, and you think that the purpose of creating a good idea is to shoot it down.

Allow me to share some common sense, which is always tough. Every idea has its time and place. Every good idea also has its time and place. Out of time and out of place idea is as good as hurting yourself. So while you sit in your rabbit hole listening to your GOD, wanting to work on the removal of per-country limits, just open your eyes and see that the world around you is much more beautiful if you don't see it with the prizm of some jerk. Hope you know what I am trying to say ....

Every time, you are making a perfect pitch

Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute

Sanju...
I appreciate your enthusisam to respond to most of the negetive comments and thats a good thing. Try to contain yourself sometimes...otherwise people might just ignore you as another loud mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
ya, lets step-up a poll and have everyone vote, as if this is the US congress. And after voting leave it for someone else to work on this and other "brilliant" idea. There needs to be a reality check. This poll doesn't mean anything unless there are enough people to spend time and energy at every level. But ya, lets setup a poll and have everyone vote, it will give everyone a feel good factor that everyone contributed in the advocacy effort, how? by voting in the pool and not doing anything about how everyone votes.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice
Default Let us start working on it.

I like the idea. We had enough talk (positive and negative). Let us start working on it.

How do we start? Where to start?

Proud Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogro ups.com/group/ texasiv

Old 02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_dream07 View Post
I like the idea. We had enough talk (positive and negative). Let us start working on it.

Got an update from realizeit. He/she initiated contact with IV Core. We are waiting for a response after which we can form a plan of action. Please stay tuned.

Last edited by qasleuth; 02-25-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_dream07 View Post

Agreed!!! Lets get to the next step.

Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute

Dear QASleuth, I have contacted Pappu and asked him to discuss this among CORE and provide us an official IV position. Once we hear back from Pappu or CORE, we can proceed further.

Regarding what I am planning to do: If we get IV CORE's support, I will try to organize a group from St Louis MO to work on this. But we need an excellent bunch of folks from the DC/NY area who can actually meet folks at the capital and get the ball rolling. All others who are far away from DC/NY area can form small regional groups to raise funds to support the DC/NY group which will drive this effort.

We should do something only after IV CORE's analysis of this issue and a legal feasibility study by immigration/constitutional attorneys IV can access.

QASleuth and others who would like to do something: Please don't wait for any action from my side. You can form regional working groups now itself. Just form members of 5 and discuss this and stay in touch.

I am new to this whole effort as anyone else here.

Once again friends, as I said earlier: "We have far more things that unite all of us than the few things that divide us. So, let us focus only those things that unite all of us."

So, please refrain yourself from pointing fingers at someone else and attacking someone personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasleuth View Post
I am hoping realizeit is in the process of contacting IV core and will update us soon. If not, realizeit please update as to what you are planning on doing.

After IV core gives us the go ahead, I think we should take your offer on the bridge call.

I would also suggest, not sending any mails yet to Ombudsman till we form a plan of action.

Ofcourse, still eagerly waiting for desi3933 to get back to us with cold hard analysis to set us straight

Last edited by realizeit; 02-25-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.
Get real. I am not saying this because i have a EAD. Are you saying that no improvement is good enough unless it helps you at this moment.

This change proposal will also help you when you get to this stage. Try to understand, this may be possible without much legislative intervention.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.

Dude, why are you worried about Red dots? Every one has a right to express his / her opinion on a public forum. As you expressed yourself here, others had expressed their consent by giving you red/green.

You have every right to express yourself and forget about dots. It's just a color.

Do you really care?