Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Received a message from Pappu

I presented this PROPOSAL to CORE and just now I received a message from Pappu saying that they will discuss this and get back to us in a few days.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.
In protest, give red dot to all the posters on this thread except original poster. He deserves green. If it makes you happy, you can have all my green dots. I only care about green card. :-)

Chill brother.
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; it’s a process"

Old 02-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2006
Compare
nc14 is on a distinguished road
Default Good Idea

Good idea and will atleast take us some where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
Good one, Change to workflow should not be an issue, but we should have IV core support and reasonable to pool of money (not peanuts) to make this a success. I would recommend to run a funding drive, specially for this effort once IV core endorses this effort. In day to day life, Everything begins with $, you get what you pay for and nothing is free.
Proud to be an IVian.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default excellent idea

Group:

It is an excellent. Please move on.
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold

YESSS ..

after looooong time i am seeing a good idea ...

Approaching Hillary is right one.

Can we do letter campaign , similar one we did with President Bush ?

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute vijay226 has a reputation beyond repute
Default lets also propose some fees for this service

i think we are also need to provide some incentive to the government also for doing this,say some nominal fees around 600$ and any one contribute more than that will be tax free which goes into financial bailout package. At the end everyone wins and everyone is happy

Old 02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
div_bell_2003 can only hope to improve

That sounds like a good plan, but I didn't see a provision for people applied for I-485 and waiting for their dates to become current to add their spouses ? ( Disclaimer : I'm not one of them ) How is that going to get tackled ?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Excellent Idea...

Let's get started on this push - it's a win-win solution for all concerned.
Attempts can be made to include the provision to file I-485 if priority date is not current (or make it such that it automatically applies... given this change).

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
Good one, Change to workflow should not be an issue, but we should have IV core support and reasonable to pool of money (not peanuts) to make this a success. I would recommend to run a funding drive, specially for this effort once IV core endorses this effort. In day to day life, Everything begins with $, you get what you pay for and nothing is free.
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute

ganguteli,
I completely dis agree with you. This action item is completely different. As realiseit mentioned earlier, we should take one step at a time. we have another thread revlvoing around the IV for prefiling of AOS. Please see http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23695 (Pre-Application of AOS)

If you have any innovative ideas please come forward and once we gain enough momentum then we can request entire communtiy (including who have applied for AOS) to help us with the effort.

Do not take my comment personally.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Is IV only for those who have filed I485?

I gave my opinion and people gave me lot of reds. There is a majority here who already have EAD and have filed I485. You people do not care for those who are less fortunate and struggling in the early stages of the process. If July 07 had not happened, all of you would be asking for I485 filing option today.

By giving reds to people who disagree you will drive people away and make IV only for those who have filed I485 and not for the entire EB immigration people.
I 485 Applied on: Yet to Apply..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Contributed 200$
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not consider this as a legal advice.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Respectful Disagreement

vijay226: The following is just my opinion and it is in no way a personal attack. Please come up with similar ideas like the one you just posted below. Useful or not, all ideas count as long as it is pointed towards solving the issue in a constructive manner.

Reply to your message: We should not propose a fee for this kind of administrative change. There are few reasons for that. 1) This is just a workflow change and an internal procedural change for the USCIS. 2) There is no need for any additional incentive for the government as this is in effect not taking anything extra from the US soil in terms of opportunity etc. 3) Any addition of fee requires administration to get it approved through the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and it will make this a legislative affair. That means the whole assumption of getting it through admin fix becomes invalid. 4) In any case, if administration wants to make some extra money from us, they will come up with that proposal.

Once again thanks for your great point and contribution. Please continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay226 View Post
i think we are also need to provide some incentive to the government also for doing this,say some nominal fees around 600$ and any one contribute more than that will be tax free which goes into financial bailout package. At the end everyone wins and everyone is happy

Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Regarding a HIGH VISIBILITY Campaign

Dear friends: Thank you all for the wonderful support and willingness to work for this. We need to convert our word to action in the coming days, if IV CORE has a positive feasibility analysis result.

"Nothing preaches better than the act."
~ Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790, American Scientist, Publisher, Diplomat)

So all of you who support this, please think in terms of how you can convert your verbal support into action in some way, in the coming days.

Regarding a HIGH VISIBILITY Campaign

"Sometimes a scalpel is better than a sword"

My opinion: Personally, I am against high visibility campaign for an admin fix. We do not need too much visibilty for an admin fix unlike a legislative fix. In the case of admin fix, we need to focus on those few who can positively act on our request. In this case, those might be Hillary Clinton, Janet Napolitano, USCIS acting director etc. In the case of an admin fix a highly talented, politically skilled, IV delegation should work as the front end of this effort. While all others in the community should raise funds to support this delegation and their activities. We can form regional groups to raise funds on behalf of IV. Many of you can do that. Form groups of 5 at each region and try to arrange an Indian/Chinese movie show in your local theatre for raising funds. You can come up with better ideas than this for raising funds. This is just an idea came to my mind from my limited knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
YESSS ..

after looooong time i am seeing a good idea ...

Approaching Hillary is right one.

Can we do letter campaign , similar one we did with President Bush ?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
Dear friends: Thank you all for the wonderful support and willingness to work for this. We need to convert our word to action in the coming days, if IV CORE has a positive feasibility analysis result.

"Nothing preaches better than the act."
~ Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790, American Scientist, Publisher, Diplomat)

So all of you who support this, please think in terms of how you can convert your verbal support into action in some way, in the coming days.

Regarding a HIGH VISIBILITY Campaign

"Sometimes a scalpel is better than a sword"

My opinion: Personally, I am against high visibility campaign for an admin fix. We do not need too much visibilty for an admin fix unlike a legislative fix. In the case of admin fix, we need to focus on those few who can positively act on our request. In this case, those might be Hillary Clinton, Janet Napolitano, USCIS acting director etc. In the case of an admin fix a highly talented, politically skilled, IV delegation should work as the front end of this effort. While all others in the community should raise funds to support this delegation and their activities. We can form regional groups to raise funds on behalf of IV. Many of you can do that. Form groups of 5 at each region and try to arrange an Indian/Chinese movie show in your local theatre for raising funds. You can come up with better ideas than this for raising funds. This is just an idea came to my mind from my limited knowledge.

Totally agree. We should refrain from flamboyant campaigs especially in this environment and request IV delegation to act as our front. Lets raise some serious funds. I can campaign in my place of work amongst I 485 applicants and see what I can do.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent idea !!. This wud save thousand of immigrants from a set of particular countries who undergo immense career ruining stress "every second" in their professional life unlike their counterparts from other countrie(s).

Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Superb

Quote:

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.”

~ Lao Tzu (570-490 BC), Famous Inspirational quote by the Chinese Founder of Taoism.

Recently all of us in the IV community were thinking and worrying about what the future holds for skilled immigrants in this country. Day by day things are getting tougher! All of us in IV community (including the leadership) have different ideas about how to approach the problem. Under the IV leadership, we have a set of declared priorities and our lobbyists and community are working for those. Even when we work for those stated goals and priorities, we have to reevaluate what is feasible in the changing environment.

In this increased protectionist environment, Re-Capture, Country Cap Elimination and Immigrant Visa increase seems difficult if not impossible. So, I would like to propose a SMALL STEP, which would provide us HUGE BENEFITS and at the same time satisfy all stakeholders (including anti-immigrant community) as this is the least controversial method.

Some of us may say that this won’t work. Some of us support a big-bang theory. Some others argue for the already stated goals and priorities from the IV leadership team. I agree with all these groups of our brethren, but at the same time, I urge each and every member of our community to give a serious consideration of this proposal before shooting it down.

Please do not use this thread to point fingers at one another. Always remember, when you point fingers at someone, three of your fingers are pointing towards you and one stays neutral. Please try to avoid statements like the following in your reply to this post to encourage serious and productive discussion:

“Why didn’t you update your profile with all information?”
“What have you done so far for the community?”
“Did you participate in these so and so initiatives of IV?”
“You are a line cutter who used substitution”
Etc etc etc…the list goes on.

We have far more things that unite all of us than the few things that divide us. So, let us focus only those things that unite all of us. If we are united, we can easily solve all our differences. As AR Rahman said, always we have the option of choosing love over hate.

PROPOSAL

Our main concern with respect to GC journey is the UNCERTAINITY! I am sure all of us worried at least one time “What happens if my 485 gets denied after all these years of waiting?” Many of us here are expecting a GC wait time of 2-12 years. So, a denial at the end would be little bit disheartening.

The normal processing time of a 485 application ranges from 4 months to 12 months. For all the retrogressed countries, this would be 2-12 years. All of us, who are in the Adjustment of Status category, are legally allowed to stay and work here in the US. So, in no way we are additional burden to the country. So, all the shackles on the GC applicant and family during the years of retrogression period are not beneficial to anyone in this country and it is not protecting anyone’s job. These shackles just inflict pain to the GC applicant and family – that's all - nobody is benefitting from this!

So, if we can work to obtain Adjudication of all I-485s irrespective of whether the country is retrogressed or not – we have a solution. As per the INS rules, an immigrant VISA cannot be allocated outside the numerical limit. If the country is not under retrogression, the applicant will get his GC. If the applicant’s country is a retrogressed one, instead of obtaining the Green Card, I-485 processing-status could be changed to a new one such as “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation” (meaning: Adjudication completed, Visa allocation pending). So, in essence, when the VISA numbers are available, then only the person will get Green Card. But at the same time, the applicant and family can feel the relief – No need to worry about RFE, NOID, MTR etc, because the 485 is already approved and it is in a Pending Visa Allocation status. So, in the case of all these retrogressed countries, the actual allocation of Green Card may take 2-12 years time depending on the availability. This option will go well with the protectionists.

If the status of the 485 application is “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation” and the applicant’s country is a retrogressed one, S/he should be eligible to obtain 3, 4 or 5 year EADs with travel benefits associated. Also, the applicant should be able to take any job after 1 year of the status change date of the status “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation”.

I believe the above proposal is a small step in the eyes of the protectionists where as it is a big leap for all retrogressed country applicants. We may be able to achieve this using administrative fix or an action from the Executing branch, as this won’t change the annual GC quota of 140000. Apart from this, this will encourage all those skilled immigrants to invest in American economy within 1-2 years of filing AOS application. At present most of us are sending our money to our home countries as our situation is so uncertain. This effort will definitely help the ailing economy and will serve as a boost to the housing market.

Whom should we approach to get this done?

Ans: Hillary – Yes Hillary Clinton. She is the number 1 friend of people from China and India, who is in the current administration. Her department is also in charge of the 140K Visa numbers, Travel related visas etc. If we can get support from Compete America, prominent members of Indian and Chinese communities in US, Ambassadors of China and India to US and approach Hillary, we will be successful. Hillary may be very much pleased to start an initiative to achieve this, as she has a chance to influence 700K+ Indians and Chinese immigrants in US, in a very positive way. At the same time, politically this won’t create much problem – Status quo will remain the same – even after such an administrative fix. There is no net addition of immigrants to this country.

With Hillary’s support, if we approach Janet Napolitano, we may have a solution.

Remember: “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.”

So, once we obtain this admin fix (first step), then we will work to obtain the Allocation of GC issue for all those folks who are waiting to get the GC allocated.

Every progress starts from a dream. So, if someone would like to call this a dream, please feel free to!
Smart thinking.... excellent idea!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Superb

Quote:

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.”

~ Lao Tzu (570-490 BC), Famous Inspirational quote by the Chinese Founder of Taoism.

Recently all of us in the IV community were thinking and worrying about what the future holds for skilled immigrants in this country. Day by day things are getting tougher! All of us in IV community (including the leadership) have different ideas about how to approach the problem. Under the IV leadership, we have a set of declared priorities and our lobbyists and community are working for those. Even when we work for those stated goals and priorities, we have to reevaluate what is feasible in the changing environment.

In this increased protectionist environment, Re-Capture, Country Cap Elimination and Immigrant Visa increase seems difficult if not impossible. So, I would like to propose a SMALL STEP, which would provide us HUGE BENEFITS and at the same time satisfy all stakeholders (including anti-immigrant community) as this is the least controversial method.

Some of us may say that this won’t work. Some of us support a big-bang theory. Some others argue for the already stated goals and priorities from the IV leadership team. I agree with all these groups of our brethren, but at the same time, I urge each and every member of our community to give a serious consideration of this proposal before shooting it down.

Please do not use this thread to point fingers at one another. Always remember, when you point fingers at someone, three of your fingers are pointing towards you and one stays neutral. Please try to avoid statements like the following in your reply to this post to encourage serious and productive discussion:

“Why didn’t you update your profile with all information?”
“What have you done so far for the community?”
“Did you participate in these so and so initiatives of IV?”
“You are a line cutter who used substitution”
Etc etc etc…the list goes on.

We have far more things that unite all of us than the few things that divide us. So, let us focus only those things that unite all of us. If we are united, we can easily solve all our differences. As AR Rahman said, always we have the option of choosing love over hate.

PROPOSAL

Our main concern with respect to GC journey is the UNCERTAINITY! I am sure all of us worried at least one time “What happens if my 485 gets denied after all these years of waiting?” Many of us here are expecting a GC wait time of 2-12 years. So, a denial at the end would be little bit disheartening.

The normal processing time of a 485 application ranges from 4 months to 12 months. For all the retrogressed countries, this would be 2-12 years. All of us, who are in the Adjustment of Status category, are legally allowed to stay and work here in the US. So, in no way we are additional burden to the country. So, all the shackles on the GC applicant and family during the years of retrogression period are not beneficial to anyone in this country and it is not protecting anyone’s job. These shackles just inflict pain to the GC applicant and family – that's all - nobody is benefitting from this!

So, if we can work to obtain Adjudication of all I-485s irrespective of whether the country is retrogressed or not – we have a solution. As per the INS rules, an immigrant VISA cannot be allocated outside the numerical limit. If the country is not under retrogression, the applicant will get his GC. If the applicant’s country is a retrogressed one, instead of obtaining the Green Card, I-485 processing-status could be changed to a new one such as “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation” (meaning: Adjudication completed, Visa allocation pending). So, in essence, when the VISA numbers are available, then only the person will get Green Card. But at the same time, the applicant and family can feel the relief – No need to worry about RFE, NOID, MTR etc, because the 485 is already approved and it is in a Pending Visa Allocation status. So, in the case of all these retrogressed countries, the actual allocation of Green Card may take 2-12 years time depending on the availability. This option will go well with the protectionists.

If the status of the 485 application is “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation” and the applicant’s country is a retrogressed one, S/he should be eligible to obtain 3, 4 or 5 year EADs with travel benefits associated. Also, the applicant should be able to take any job after 1 year of the status change date of the status “Adjudicated – Pending Visa Allocation”.

I believe the above proposal is a small step in the eyes of the protectionists where as it is a big leap for all retrogressed country applicants. We may be able to achieve this using administrative fix or an action from the Executing branch, as this won’t change the annual GC quota of 140000. Apart from this, this will encourage all those skilled immigrants to invest in American economy within 1-2 years of filing AOS application. At present most of us are sending our money to our home countries as our situation is so uncertain. This effort will definitely help the ailing economy and will serve as a boost to the housing market.

Whom should we approach to get this done?

Ans: Hillary – Yes Hillary Clinton. She is the number 1 friend of people from China and India, who is in the current administration. Her department is also in charge of the 140K Visa numbers, Travel related visas etc. If we can get support from Compete America, prominent members of Indian and Chinese communities in US, Ambassadors of China and India to US and approach Hillary, we will be successful. Hillary may be very much pleased to start an initiative to achieve this, as she has a chance to influence 700K+ Indians and Chinese immigrants in US, in a very positive way. At the same time, politically this won’t create much problem – Status quo will remain the same – even after such an administrative fix. There is no net addition of immigrants to this country.

With Hillary’s support, if we approach Janet Napolitano, we may have a solution.

Remember: “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a small step.”

So, once we obtain this admin fix (first step), then we will work to obtain the Allocation of GC issue for all those folks who are waiting to get the GC allocated.

Every progress starts from a dream. So, if someone would like to call this a dream, please feel free to!
Smart thinking.... excellent idea!!!!!!!! Looks like so many people are impressed by it that IV DB server is having issues when I try to submit the reply