Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action item: Opportunity to get your story with the press/media

Most of us are experiencing increased level to anxiety due to the recent economic slowdown and the green card delays.

Here is an opportunity for you to speak with a reporter to tell your story. You maybe feeling increased level of stree/anxiety due to economic downturn and maybe you are feeling that you may lose your job or maybe you have lost your job recently. Or if you are consdsidering leaving US or maybe feeling excessive pressure because you are worried about your family, home and mortgage.

If you would like to speak with a reporter to tell your strory, please email us your brief story along with a number to reach you. We will forward your story to the reporter and the reporter may call and speak with you.

Email address: info@immigrationvoice.org

We believe that this media opportunity will help us to highlight our issues.

Thanks,

IV Team

Please help us to bump this thread as we are working on a short deadline.

Last edited by Administrator2; 02-26-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepikak can only hope to improve
Default Thanks for your efforts,keep up the good work,kudos to IV

Thanks for your efforts,keep up the good work,kudos to IV

Old 02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

?

/\/\/

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
?

/\/\/
Personally, I do not have a compelling/qualifying story for the context/content you have mentioned. I am going to speculate here as to why you may not have gotten many responses from people. Fear/apprehension. Will the reporter quote the real name of the person who is providing the story ? Can the name be made 'generic' like Ram from Cleveland or Jack from Kansas or Liping from New York city in the story ?

Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
bobbydalal will become famous soon enough bobbydalal will become famous soon enough

Comeon guys we all have a story to tell. This is an opportunity to make them realise that even after being a superpower we are still lacking in legal immigration delays.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasleuth View Post
Personally, I do not have a compelling/qualifying story for the context/content you have mentioned. I am going to speculate here as to why you may not have gotten many responses from people. Fear/apprehension. Will the reporter quote the real name of the person who is providing the story ? Can the name be made 'generic' like Ram from Cleveland or Jack from Kansas or Liping from New York city in the story ?
If we are scared of our names then we are worse than uneducated illegals. They at least have the guts to walk openly on the streets in protest.

If people are scared of their names getting public, then whats the point of doing IV effort?

All action items and ideas are useless if people do not want to seize the opportunity that knocks on our door.

I see several posts from people asking IV to contact media and get things published. Well we reach out to media but how many people come forward to talk to media?

We need to stop discussing about pizzas and help out in real action items.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold waitnwatch is a splendid one to behold
Default same old problem

This is I think is a perennial problem. Nobody will hunt you if you tell your story in the press. Trust me. I've been there and nothing has happened for I got my green card ultimately. This country is too big hearted to harass someone for narrating their personal tale.

Go for it ..........................You may have a nice clipping for your grandchildren!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Is it too late for this? Are you still looking for people for this?