Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up '

'

Last edited by gcformeornot; 08-31-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts

It means immigration and immigrant's interests are in the agenda. Isnt that a good sign.
Dont the guys who did this know of the "current" situation. This makes me hope even other things will be on the table sooner. Ours can be first if we too make people realize how we contribute..

Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rav_234 is a jewel in the rough rav_234 is a jewel in the rough rav_234 is a jewel in the rough rav_234 is a jewel in the rough
Default Obama immigration transition team

Hello IV Core Team Members,

thankyou all for doing a great job for the Immigrant Community by addressing and highlighting the issues / difficulties faced by immigrants in this country.

I take this opportunity to request you all to plan a meeting with the Obama Immigration Transition Team who are in still in the process of gathering information / meeting up with activists to gather as much info as possible before they come out with their strategy.

Here are the two key persons names from Obama's Immigration Transtition team:

Obama's “immigration transition team” — two law
professors, Tino Cuéllar of Stanford University and Georgetown's
Alexander Aleinikoff

I am herewith giving a web link of an article on Economy & CIR 2009.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.v...3cbd1e47?pli=1

Appreciate if the IV Core Team schedule a meeting with the above and try to put forth the difficulties that the skilled immigrants are facing due to the visa retrogression and other related issues the IV Core team might feel important.

I am sure all the IV Members and non members would surely support & co-operate in any kind of approach that IV Core Team comes out with.

Look forward for some action from the IV Core Team.

Goodluck to All & May This "UGADI" make us all Green!!

Best Regards,

Rav

Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriajay12 View Post
It means immigration and immigrant's interests are in the agenda. Isnt that a good sign.
Dont the guys who did this know of the "current" situation. This makes me hope even other things will be on the table sooner. Ours can be first if we too make people realize how we contribute..
The only funniest thing is...you are talking about contribution. By the way, did you get any chance to mail your $50 check for FOIA which you forgot to mail for weeks. Yes, I am asking about only the $50 and not the $3000 which you and your firends promised.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default what/who is core?

i have attended the rally in DC so, i know there were people and i know they are all really great people. talked with the Dr from Minneapolis for long... dont recall his name (Puneet Arora?). but, just out of curiosity, do we have a core? from where i am at it looks like we are a group of very interested folks connected together on this website. i am not meaning to underplay any efforts by anyone... i am just wishing that if there is no core, then people should do things on their own... instead of asking someone called core...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav_234 View Post
Hello IV Core Team Members,

thankyou all for doing a great job for the Immigrant Community by addressing and highlighting the issues / difficulties faced by immigrants in this country.

I take this opportunity to request you all to plan a meeting with the Obama Immigration Transition Team who are in still in the process of gathering information / meeting up with activists to gather as much info as possible before they come out with their strategy.

Here are the two key persons names from Obama's Immigration Transtition team:

Obama's “immigration transition team” — two law
professors, Tino Cuéllar of Stanford University and Georgetown's
Alexander Aleinikoff

I am herewith giving a web link of an article on Economy & CIR 2009.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.v...3cbd1e47?pli=1

Appreciate if the IV Core Team schedule a meeting with the above and try to put forth the difficulties that the skilled immigrants are facing due to the visa retrogression and other related issues the IV Core team might feel important.

I am sure all the IV Members and non members would surely support & co-operate in any kind of approach that IV Core Team comes out with.

Look forward for some action from the IV Core Team.

Goodluck to All & May This "UGADI" make us all Green!!

Best Regards,

Rav
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Pandi has a spectacular aura about Pandi has a spectacular aura about
Default Dream Act - Please include children of legal immigrants

It is very strange that children of legal immigrants are not considered in the act although they go through the same hardships . IV Core please request the lawmakers to consider the children of legal immigrants as well.

Thanks

Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

May be, we should try our visa re-capture campaign again with this act. my 2 cents...

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM
ganguteli
Default How are these dates possible? Please update your profile to help everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
i have attended the rally in DC so, i know there were people and i know they are all really great people. talked with the Dr from Minneapolis for long... dont recall his name (Puneet Arora?). but, just out of curiosity, do we have a core? from where i am at it looks like we are a group of very interested folks connected together on this website. i am not meaning to underplay any efforts by anyone... i am just wishing that if there is no core, then people should do things on their own... instead of asking someone called core...
Perm Center
Others
Labor Approval Date
01/01/2001
I140-I485 Concurrent Filing
No
I140 Mailed Date
01/01/2001
I140 Filing Type
Regular
I140 USCIS Rcvd Date
01/01/2001
I140 Rcpt Notice Date
01/01/2001
I140 RFE Date
01/01/2001
I140 Approval Date
01/09/2008
July 2007 Filer
No
Adjustment of Status Application Type
Adjustment of Status (I-485)
I485 Mailed Date
07/19/2008
I485 USCIS Rcvd Date
07/20/2008
I485 Rcpt Notice Date
09/20/2008
Finger Print Notice Date
01/01/2001
I485 RFE Notice Date
01/01/2001
Application Status
Approved
I485 Approval Date
01/01/2001
EAD Mailed Date
01/01/2001
EAD RFE Date
01/01/2001
AP Mailed Date
01/01/2001
AP RFE Date
01/01/2001
AP Approval Date
01/01/2001
Tracker Notes
01/01/2001

Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enjoy

Forget about geting GCs by proposing to buy houses folks. Our beloved Congressmen are working to reduce employment visas behind the scenes. Once labor unions commandeer the commission to determine visa numbers, life is a one way street - Back Home.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4007105.story

When I proposed a March Rally everyone was complaining - it's too cold. I hope it's hot enough for all of you now. Good look to everyone working on FOIA to get the (useless) numbers to make (useless) predictions. Once the labor unions are done with their demolition job it will be 25-30 years before we see the GC ( that is if they don't send us back).

Old 03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
validIV will become famous soon enough validIV will become famous soon enough

I thought Dream Act was for illegal immigrants. Are you guys pro amnesty for illegals?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Forget about geting GCs by proposing to buy houses folks. Our beloved Congressmen are working to reduce employment visas behind the scenes. Once labor unions commandeer the commission to determine visa numbers, life is a one way street - Back Home.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4007105.story

When I proposed a March Rally everyone was complaining - it's too cold. I hope it's hot enough for all of you now. Good look to everyone working on FOIA to get the (useless) numbers to make (useless) predictions. Once the labor unions are done with their demolition job it will be 25-30 years before we see the GC ( that is if they don't send us back).
Walking Dude,
Thanks for the info.

Anyone who is opposing any campaign, including Core:

DO you still want to wait?????.
Immigration topic is on the table and people who are interested are working for their interests and ALSO trying to harm us. How much more do you want to wait???.
Thats what you said right for not doing any campaign now...????

Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Walking Dude,
Thanks for the info.

Anyone who is opposing any campaign, including Core:

DO you still want to wait?????.
Immigration topic is on the table and people who are interested are working for their interests and ALSO trying to harm us. How much more do you want to wait???.
Thats what you said right for not doing any campaign now...????
Are you ready to lead the effort. As always you are sitting on the fence and want others to start the effort and still you and your friends can suspect them?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Are you ready to lead the effort. As always you are sitting on the fence and want others to start the effort and still you and your friends can suspect them?
Gangutelli,

Yes, I can. And do you really think we are waiting for core group or you to act. Wake up and stop writing a thesis on my posts. See your previous ones.. Dont see even one word of positivity or encouragement.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Gangutelli,

Yes, I can. And do you really think we are waiting for core group or you to act. Wake up and stop writing a thesis on my posts. See your previous ones.. Dont see even one word of positivity or encouragement.

You need a encouragement also...for what? If you can go ahead and do that...Who is stopping you. First send your check as you promised. Otherwise don’t promise anything which you can not fulfill.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by validIV View Post
I thought Dream Act was for illegal immigrants. Are you guys pro amnesty for illegals?
DREAM ACT is for children of illegal immigrants. I dont think IV is pro-amnesty for illegals.

Here is IV's mission statement.

Mission Statement

The mission of Immigration Voice is to organize grassroots efforts and resources to solve several problems in the employment based green card process including (a) delays due to Retrogression (visa number unavailability for certain employment-based categories) (b) delays due to USCIS processing backlogs and (c) delays due to Labor Certification backlogs. We will work to remove these and other flaws by supporting changes to immigration law for high-skilled legal employment-based immigrants. High-skilled legal immigrants strengthen the United States' economy and help maintain American technological superiority.