Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default After 6 years of hard work, patience & persistence, we are at the doorstep of success

Dear Members,

We are excited and pleased to announce that after 6 years of our hard work, your hard work, we finally have a bill that has a very good chance of actually passing in the Congress in next 6-8 weeks.

For over 6 months, members of Immigration Voice have been working behind the scenes to bridge the gap between various sides, coordinating between different groups, our employers and petitioning the Members of Congress. On the 4th anniversary of Immigration Voice rally, members from across the country organized over 160 meetings with the key decision makers in the Congress. To prevent any unnecessary attention we coordinated and organized these meetings with energetic and highly motivated group of Immigration Voice members and leaders.

On 22nd September, Congressman Chaffetz and Smith sponsored H.R. 3012 in the US House of Representatives. We applaud Congressman Chaffetz and Judiciary committee Chairman Lamar Smith for leading the effort for removing per country limits. Here is the press release from Congressman Chaffetz website. H.R. 3012 is scheduled for mark-up in the House Judiciary Committee for this Thursday and Friday. See details here on Judiciary committee website. Here is the bill summary. This is a big deal given the fact that not one bill for high skills immigration has passed Congress since AC21 Act in Oct 2000. This will be the first one in 11 years.

The proposed bill H.R. 3012 removes per-country limits in employment based green card category. If enacted, this bill will drastically reduce the wait times of everyone in the current backlogs. A similar bill was sponsored by Congresswoman Lofgren in August, 2008. So the idea of this bill has bi-partisan support in the Congress. Immigration Voice applauds Congresswoman Lofgren's leadership on fixing high skilled immigration system.

The most important thing now is to give this effort a final and consequential push. Although this bill has wide support, it is not a done deal yet. We all need to actively get involved in making phone calls and sending emails/faxes to the Congress in order to give this bill a grassroots voice and also to out-number, outlast and out-weigh any push from either people opposed to immigration in general or opposed to removal of per-country limits. Now is not a time to take a break and risk 6 years of effort that went into reaching this phase.

We all agree that high skills immigration should allocate and distribute green cards to the skilled immigrant workforce based on principle of first-come-first-serve-basis. Members of Congress have listened and now they agree with this principle. Our employers whom we wrote letters and petitions internally in large high-tech companies also agreed with us. And even when our case has lots of merit, merits alone do not drive the legislative activity in Congress. There are many bills in Congress that have a lot of merits and can do a lot of good but are never voted in Congress because a small faction holds it up. We cannot let that happen to us, not this time.

You are successful in your job and in your career trajectory. You either like your job, or, you like where your career is headed. However, in order to protect our accomplishments and our position in life and career, working really hard at our jobs is not enough. We have to protect what we have and what we aspire by making sure that we will be around in this country for the foreseeable future. If you have contributed time, money or effort so far to Immigration Voice, that’s great. But that is needed again for next 6-8 weeks. If you have never done this, now is the time to do this. If this bill fails, there will not be another bill in 2012 because that’s an election year where legislation do not happen easily. In 2013, the chances are slim again and depend on election outcomes. So this is it.

If you recently received your green card then you can easily relate to the problems your friends continue to go through. If you are only 1-2 years away from being current in your case, a lot can happen in next 1-2 years. You may face a worse economy, be laid off, be in a company that gets acquired by another company or merges with another company. All this is not good for green card process. So let us do all we can to protect our accomplishments, our future and our families’ future.

We will be shortly announcing concrete action items for making phone calls, emails and faxes, both on forums and via newsletters. So please stay tuned, pay attention to this bill and do your part. Because if this bill fails this year, it will be a failure that likely sticks with all of us for next 2-3 years.

Thank you!

Team IV

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 10-10-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

14 out of 15 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts

Go IV Go - I think all of us stuck in this GC mess should come forward and at least help with pushing our Congress people to pass this bill - Anybody who sees this and does not contact their senators/congressmen is just plain stupid no matter how close they are to getting their GCs. Also, I urge all folks who have recently got their GCs to help fix this mess once and for all! Thanks to IV leaders like pappu for carrying the mantle this far - Now it is our turn to do everything we can to push this forward!

Go IV!!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Go IV!!

Looking forward to support this effort ...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to know this... Kudos to IV and the team...

Waiting for action items announcement....
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is simply awesome!

Just a small token of appreciation:

$100 contribution!

(Your transaction ID for this payment is: 9Y357005WP267881V)

Go IV!!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

So, how will the execution pan out? Will all the PD in the visa bulletins be updated based on FIFO i.e. will all categories have the same cut off date?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's fairness in EB based

It's fairness and justice in EB based categories. Go IV go. It will not affect any country on planet. If you are skilled and if you are first in line you will get it first. Rather than chef from small country get prior to top 5 tech university in the world has to wait forever unto 70 years.

We all have applied for gc of America and we are future citizens of this country so we need to make sure America remains top in innovation in world. This bill will ensure this.

It will boost job growth in this bad time for Americans.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute gujju has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go IV Go

Thanks to IV for all the hard work and working tirelessly for this effort.You guys are source of inspiration for all of us.

Now its times for IV members to make sure we do whats required from us.

Chak De IV.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
crzyBanker is a jewel in the rough crzyBanker is a jewel in the rough crzyBanker is a jewel in the rough crzyBanker is a jewel in the rough
Default Great job IV

Great job IV. Kudos to the IV team

Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2007
Compare
brawn81 has a spectacular aura about brawn81 has a spectacular aura about brawn81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Go IV

GO IV. Here is my contribution. Will follow this bill and contribute.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 5HY5406932922843F

Thanks,
Brawn.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts uscis_lover is infamous around these parts

I hope this thread grows to at least 5000 responsed really quickly given how many of us come to this forum and are stuck in the GC mess - Come on people lets reform this useless system once and for all !!! Go IV

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light
Default Great Job IV

Thanks for this wonderful news...continue the good work you all have been doing....

Accept my small contribution.

Donated $100
Transaction ID for this payment is: 42Y86229AM157163U

Regards
Arun.S
I-140 - Approved (applied Apr 5th 2007)
I-765 - Approved (10/02/2007)
I-131 - Approved (11/08/2007)
FP Notice - 11/20/2007
I-485 - Pending in TSC (applied July 2007)

===== "Good examples have twice the value of good advice" =====

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
boppana99 is on a distinguished road
Default Kudos to IV Team

That's Great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Dear Members,

We are excited and pleased to announce that after 6 years of our hard work, your hard work, we finally have a bill that has a very good chance of actually passing in the Congress in next 6-8 weeks.

For over 6 months, members of Immigration Voice have been working behind the scenes to bridge the gap between various sides, coordinating between different groups, our employers and petitioning the Members of Congress. On the 4th anniversary of Immigration Voice rally, members from across the country organized over 160 meetings with the key decision makers in the Congress. To prevent any unnecessary attention we coordinated and organized these meetings with energetic and highly motivated group of Immigration Voice members and leaders.

On 22nd September, Congressman Chaffetz and Smith sponsored H.R. 3012 in the US House of Representatives. We applaud Congressman Chaffetz and Judiciary committee Chairman Lamar Smith for leading the effort for removing per country limits. Here is the press release from Congressman Chaffetz website. H.R. 3012 is scheduled for mark-up in the House Judiciary Committee for this Thursday and Friday. See details here on Judiciary committee website. Here is the bill summary. This is a big deal given the fact that not one bill for high skills immigration has passed Congress since AC21 Act in Oct 2000. This will be the first one in 11 years.

The proposed bill H.R. 3012 removes per-country limits in employment based green card category. If enacted, this bill will drastically reduce the wait times of everyone in the current backlogs. A similar bill was sponsored by Congresswoman Lofgren in August, 2008. So the idea of this bill has bi-partisan support in the Congress. Immigration Voice applauds Congresswoman Lofgren's leadership on fixing high skilled immigration system.

The most important thing now is to give this effort a final and consequential push. Although this bill has wide support, it is not a done deal yet. We all need to actively get involved in making phone calls and sending emails/faxes to the Congress in order to give this bill a grassroots voice and also to out-number, outlast and out-weigh any push from either people opposed to immigration in general or opposed to removal of per-country limits. Now is not a time to take a break and risk 6 years of effort that went into reaching this phase.

We all agree that high skills immigration should allocate and distribute green cards to the skilled immigrant workforce based on principle of first-come-first-serve-basis. Members of Congress have listened and now they agree with this principle. Our employers whom we wrote letters and petitions internally in large high-tech companies also agreed with us. And even when our case has lots of merit, merits alone do not drive the legislative activity in Congress. There are many bills in Congress that have a lot of merits and can do a lot of good but are never voted in Congress because a small faction holds it up. We cannot let that happen to us, not this time.

You are successful in your job and in your career trajectory. You either like your job, or, you like where your career is headed. However, in order to protect our accomplishments and our position in life and career, working really hard at our jobs is not enough. We have to protect what we have and what we aspire by making sure that we will be around in this country for the foreseeable future. If you have contributed time, money or effort so far to Immigration Voice, thatís great. But that is needed again for next 6-8 weeks. If you have never done this, now is the time to do this. If this bill fails, there will not be another bill in 2012 because thatís an election year where legislation do not happen easily. In 2013, the chances are slim again and depend on election outcomes. So this is it.

If you recently received your green card then you can easily relate to the problems your friends continue to go through. If you are only 1-2 years away from being current in your case, a lot can happen in next 1-2 years. You may face a worse economy, be laid off, be in a company that gets acquired by another company or merges with another company. All this is not good for green card process. So let us do all we can to protect our accomplishments, our future and our familiesí future.

We will be shortly announcing concrete action items for making phone calls, emails and faxes, both on forums and via newsletters. So please stay tuned, pay attention to this bill and do your part. Because if this bill fails this year, it will be a failure that likely sticks with all of us for next 2-3 years.

Thank you!

Team IV
I-485 Submitted date : 07/26/07
I-485 Notice Date :08/27/2007
Nebraska Service Center
Contributed $100 so far

Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jitian is infamous around these parts jitian is infamous around these parts jitian is infamous around these parts jitian is infamous around these parts jitian is infamous around these parts jitian is infamous around these parts

This is great. Thanks for the hard work.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute dhirajs98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Contribution to support this effort

Contributed: $50.00
Transaction ID for this payment is: 5HM03734FT2489445.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Dear Members,

You are successful in your job and in your career trajectory. You either like your job, or, you like where your career is headed. However, in order to protect our accomplishments and our position in life and career, working really hard at our jobs is not enough. We have to protect what we have and what we aspire by making sure that we will be around in this country for the foreseeable future. If you have contributed time, money or effort so far to Immigration Voice, thatís great. But that is needed again for next 6-8 weeks. If you have never done this, now is the time to do this. If this bill fails, there will not be another bill in 2012 because thatís an election year where legislation do not happen easily. In 2013, the chances are slim again and depend on election outcomes. So this is it.

If you recently received your green card then you can easily relate to the problems your friends continue to go through. If you are only 1-2 years away from being current in your case, a lot can happen in next 1-2 years. You may face a worse economy, be laid off, be in a company that gets acquired by another company or merges with another company. All this is not good for green card process. So let us do all we can to protect our accomplishments, our future and our familiesí future.

Thank you!

Team IV