Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 259
sbabunle is on a distinguished road
Default

Ladies and Gentlemen
We will come back and we will win this battle.

When Slavery was going to be abolished, there were many politicians
( and their constituents ) who did not like that. But slavery was abolished.

When Black Pilots where inducted into US Airforce many constituents resisted it, but black pilots escorted bombers successfully.....

Ultimate victory will be ours!!!!!!

thx
babu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #122 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 203
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold
Default Add ONE Member Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle
Ladies and Gentlemen
We will come back and we will win this battle.

When Slavery was going to be abolished, there were many politicians
( and their constituents ) who did not like that. But slavery was abolished.

When Black Pilots where inducted into US Airforce many constituents resisted it, but black pilots escorted bombers successfully.....

Ultimate victory will be ours!!!!!!

thx
babu

Hi IV members!

In order to be able to win next time, we will need member strength. I know many of us have been toying with ideas to increase membership. I have started a separate thread to highlight the following idea - Every member bring one additional member to IV.

Specifically, these are the bullet points I suggest:

1. By December 31, each of you bring one member to IV.
If you really think about it, it is not a difficult task. Every one of us knows atleast one person stuck in GC process, that is talking conservatively. It takes less than 15 minutes to call one person and explain IVs efforts and request his/her support.

2. By January 15, each of us take responsibility to get the member we brought to IV to contribute to the cause. And I am not suggesting any particular amount.

3. Each of take responsibility in having them update their information on IV website, so that when the need arises, they can be contacted (for sending webfaxes etc. like last week).

Also, whenever you bring someone to IV, please post on 'Add ONE Member Campaign' thread (it will encourage others). I feel this approach will work, if we keep that thread alive, and try to stick to the time deadline (deadlines might not have worked before, because they were too long term).

So IV'ers, lets add ONE member, and get ONE contribution!!!!

Thank you.
Neelu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #123 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 269
WillIBLucky will become famous soon enough
Default

I guess we could try that. I have told few Desi (Indian) friends about IV but most of them are not very keen in becoming a member. Actually they are not even concerned about retrogression. Either they are taking things laying down or they dont want to fight as they think its futile. I have tried to explain why its not true and how we could win.

I am still trying to get them in but will keep posted if I am successful. Any guest people in the sight its a request to your people to become a member and not just watch whats going on.

We need you guys not outside the fence but with us and fight a battle next year when the senators coming for a new session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelu

Hi IV members!

In order to be able to win next time, we will need member strength. I know many of us have been toying with ideas to increase membership. I have started a separate thread to highlight the following idea - Every member bring one additional member to IV.

Specifically, these are the bullet points I suggest:

1. By December 31, each of you bring one member to IV.
If you really think about it, it is not a difficult task. Every one of us knows atleast one person stuck in GC process, that is talking conservatively. It takes less than 15 minutes to call one person and explain IVs efforts and request his/her support.

2. By January 15, each of us take responsibility to get the member we brought to IV to contribute to the cause. And I am not suggesting any particular amount.

3. Each of take responsibility in having them update their information on IV website, so that when the need arises, they can be contacted (for sending webfaxes etc. like last week).

Also, whenever you bring someone to IV, please post on 'Add ONE Member Campaign' thread (it will encourage others). I feel this approach will work, if we keep that thread alive, and try to stick to the time deadline (deadlines might not have worked before, because they were too long term).

So IV'ers, lets add ONE member, and get ONE contribution!!!!

Thank you.
Neelu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #124 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 203
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIBLucky
I guess we could try that. I have told few Desi (Indian) friends about IV but most of them are not very keen in becoming a member. Actually they are not even concerned about retrogression. Either they are taking things laying down or they dont want to fight as they think its futile. I have tried to explain why its not true and how we could win.

I am still trying to get them in but will keep posted if I am successful. Any guest people in the sight its a request to your people to become a member and not just watch whats going on.

We need you guys not outside the fence but with us and fight a battle next year when the senators coming for a new session.
I am facing a similar problem convincing people. I cant blame them, because, I myself have been callous like that some four years back.

I feel what they need to come out of that "ignorance is bliss" mode, is awareness, and that would be our job to bring about that. And that is not easy, but also not impossible.

Thank you for your help.

Everyone, bring ONE member to IV by december 31st
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #125 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 PM
aka aka is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 40
aka is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting read

A lot of the views expressed in this thread are those of people that support FAIR and numbersusa. Sad!

http://www.steinreport.com/archives/009849.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #126 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 420
dixie will become famous soon enough
Default

What else do you expect on a site operated by a FAIR veteran ? If you didn't know, Dan Stein has been the director of FAIR for a long time. What is interesting though is that of late, there has been a visible dissenting opinion by H1-B posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka
A lot of the views expressed in this thread are those of people that support FAIR and numbersusa. Sad!

http://www.steinreport.com/archives/009849.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #127 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 738
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka
A lot of the views expressed in this thread are those of people that support FAIR and numbersusa. Sad!

http://www.steinreport.com/archives/009849.html
If you are not aware...please search an article on H1B posted in the same website and how we countered it.
__________________
Remember, remember always, that all of Americans... are descended from immigrants and revolutionists
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #128 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM
aka aka is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 40
aka is on a distinguished road
Default Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perm2gc
If you are not aware...please search an article on H1B posted in the same website and how we countered it.
Excellent counter! I wrote a couple of rejoinders in the thread I cited above (as American Dream) and I think we should keep doing it. As long as we are presenting facts and not get too emotional, we can reach over to the few sensible people in these organizations.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Temp. Assignment outside the country the_googly Immigrant Visa 1 10-29-2009 07:40 PM
URGENT: Need a temp Job in 9 days! mkrish Action Items for everyone 2 07-02-2009 06:53 AM
Temp barnaba_mca Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation 1 01-14-2009 08:29 PM
Filing temp EAD after 90 days seaken75 Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 6 10-12-2007 08:41 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org