Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   HR 3012 is coming on 29th, around 6.30 PM in House (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/2561991-hr-3012-is-coming-on-29th-around-6-30-pm-in-house.html)

digital2k 11-29-2011 05:34 PM

Contribute

Now is time to contribute

Pls act now

Its great to notice so many waiting for update

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 488 (133 members and 355 guests)

StarSun 11-29-2011 05:41 PM

Immigration Voice will be recognized in Rep. Chaffetz speech

It is a great day today!

All the hard work that has gone in for many months and years will get its first fruits today! It is my pleasure to let you know that Aman is right now heading to the House Gallery to watch the vote on HR 3012 - the bill that will make the playing field level for all high skilled immigrants in the employment based immigration system.

Representative Chaffetz, the sponsor of the bill (HR 3012 - Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act) will speak on the floor of the house today and he will mention Compete America (IV is also part of the Compete America's coalition) and Immigration Voice in his speech. It will be the second time Rep. Chaffetz invokes Immigration Voice as a key supporter of this bill (Press Release). This is a tremendous recognition for Immigration Voice and all the support each of you have provided over the years.

Watch it on C-Span

Contact me if you would like to be part of this journey! Pledge your support to IV to see this bill become the law of the land.

Together we can!
I and We = IV !
Go IV!

smuggymba 11-29-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital2k (Post 3015559)
Now is time to contribute

Pls act now

Its great to notice so many waiting for update

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 488 (133 members and 355 guests)

Most are guests and should be treated just like guests:D Don't expect gifts from guests:D

whiz 11-29-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smuggymba (Post 3015571)
Most are guests and should be treated just like guests:D Don't expect gifts from guests:D

I think half of the guests are members, just wont login unless they have to leave a message.

apostrophe 11-29-2011 05:45 PM

Not in the queue yet but here's my contribution. Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1GP66330EU3797131.

GC_EternalJourney 11-29-2011 05:45 PM

I request all the guests to make their contributions.

padmaforopt 11-29-2011 05:45 PM

Thats gr8 news

That's great news.

I didn't get the part "Contact me if you would like to be part of this journey! Pledge your support to IV to see this bill become the law of the land. " can you explain more .

Administrator2 11-29-2011 05:46 PM

Hello from outside the House floor. Just came out from the House gallery. The bill is in good shape wig bi-partisian support. There was a slight chance the bill would pass by voice vote, but as we expected all along, there will now be recorded vote at 6:30pm. But we are in good shape and looking forward to evening in which to celebrate. More updates soon, Stay tuned.

snathan 11-29-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmaforopt (Post 3015575)
That's great news.

I didn't get the part "Contact me if you would like to be part of this journey! Pledge your support to IV to see this bill become the law of the land. " can you explain more .

Means...you need to contact star sun...

padmaforopt 11-29-2011 05:50 PM

Is the voting will be done today for sure?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator2 (Post 3015576)
Hello from outside the House floor. Just came out from the House gallery. The bill is in good shape wig bi-partisian support. There was a slight chance the bill would pass by voice vote, but as we expected all along, there will now be recorded vote at 6:30pm. But we are in good shape and looking forward to evening in which to celebrate. More updates soon, Stay tuned.

As there is no quorom, they will not vote today. How true is the above statement.

PavanV 11-29-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Awesome work, just awesome

KiranKashi 11-29-2011 05:55 PM

Good Luck...

Aman,
All the very best and good luck...!!! Hats off to you guys...!!!

Quote:

smuggymba 11-29-2011 05:57 PM

Official update:

Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives

Administrator2 11-29-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmaforopt (Post 3015588)
As there is no quorom, they will not vote today. How true is the above statement.

As we shared earlier, the full recorded vote will be at 6:30. If TN Congressman would have not asked for recorded vote, the bill would have passed right at that moment. But now it will at 6:30, when there is quoting for full recorded vote. We are in good shape.

padmaforopt 11-29-2011 06:00 PM

That doesn't give the explanation

Quote:

Originally Posted by snathan (Post 3015577)
Means...you need to contact star sun...

My question is " How can we pledge support?". Is it for today (or) later date ? Do we need to be present in Washington ... etc.

But thats not important at this point.