Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   IV Agenda and Legislative Updates (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/)
-   -   HR 3012 is coming on 29th, around 6.30 PM in House (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/2561991-hr-3012-is-coming-on-29th-around-6-30-pm-in-house.html)

Administrator2 11-23-2011 02:37 AM

HR 3012 is coming on 29th, around 6.30 PM in House

I've received call from Aman this evening and I would like to share an update on H.R. 3012. He has received this update in DC just this evening.

We are very pleased to share that as a result of years of your work and active participation for creating awareness on the Capitol Hill our bill H.R. 3012 is scheduled for a vote in the House at around 6:30pm on Tuesday 29th November. As a testimony of your sincere work over the years, we are expecting over 90% or more votes in favor of H.R. 3012. After that it will be taken up in the Senate in December.

This will bring us one more step closer to making H.R. 3012 the law of the land, the law that ends the per-country discrimination in high-skills immigration.

Immigration Voice has been the life force of this bill and we have been at this since 2006.If you have been waiting to see some action before contributing, then this is the action. This is a real deal. This bill is moving. So if you promised yourself that you will contribute funds when Immigration Voice shows some results, then I think that time has come. Time to make good on your promise. Not just to Immigration Voice, but to yourself. To fairness. To equality. To your dreams and ambitions that are currently tethered on the ground due to per-country ceilings. Passage of H.R. 3012 is the knife that cuts the tether freeing your to pursue your career, your dreams, your ambitions. That new job, that promotion. That stability and peace of mind.

Time to saddle up. Time to contribute your share.

smuggymba 11-23-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logiclife (Post 3002224)
I've received call from Aman this evening and I would like to share an update on H.R. 3012. He has received this update in DC just this evening.

We are very pleased to share that as a result of years of your work and active participation for creating awareness on the Capitol Hill our bill H.R. 3012 is scheduled for a vote in the House at around 6:30pm on Tuesday 29th November. As a testimony of your sincere work over the years, we are expecting over 90% or more votes in favor of H.R. 3012. After that it will be taken up in the Senate in December.

This will bring us one more step closer to making H.R. 3012 the law of the land, the law that ends the per-country discrimination in high-skills immigration.

Immigration Voice has been the life force of this bill and we have been at this since 2006.If you have been waiting to see some action before contributing, then this is the action. This is a real deal. This bill is moving. So if you promised yourself that you will contribute funds when Immigration Voice shows some results, then I think that time has come. Time to make good on your promise. Not just to Immigration Voice, but to yourself. To fairness. To equality. To your dreams and ambitions that are currently tethered on the ground due to per-country ceilings. Passage of H.R. 3012 is the knife that cuts the tether freeing your to pursue your career, your dreams, your ambitions. That new job, that promotion. That stability and peace of mind.

Awesome!!! I just pray that everything goes smooth over the next couple of months and we WIN.

logiclife 11-23-2011 02:51 AM

Need funds.

Guys, we need funds to continue this effort. After this bill passes the House, we want the bill to have a good passage in the Senate.

We appreciate your kind words but it would be really really good if everyone pitches in a fair share and shows some support by putting their money into this effort and become stake holders of this effort and not just clapping spectators.

It has taken us 5 years to get here and let's all be honest to ourselves.

Some of us, promised ourselves "I will contribute money when IV shows some progress". Well, this is progress. It doesnt get any more real than this.

So if you have always been the kind of realist who wants to see some goods before opening the checkbook, then its time for you to open your checkbook. Coz we are showing some goods here.

After all, what we are asking you may potentially be a small fraction of what you may spend on black friday. So its now time to show your solidarity with this organization.

Suva 11-23-2011 05:37 AM

WOW what a news!!!! Thanks IV.

thomachan72 11-23-2011 07:38 AM

wait till everybody wakes up logiclife. I am sure our members and visitors will join you very enthusiastically. This is great news for EVERY EB-based current and future immigration applicant.

psychedelicNerd 11-23-2011 07:41 AM

Excellent News

Donated USD 200. Transaction ID 07B116559V284273Y

manja 11-23-2011 07:45 AM

Great news!

Just donated $100.

madhu345 11-23-2011 08:00 AM

Awesome!!!

Contributed a small share $100. Transaction ID : 3D0121368S756770A.

rajchadha 11-23-2011 08:06 AM

Good job guys .
Here is a little token of appreciation -another 100 $
paypal -Your transaction ID for this payment is: 009184755R7998039

nat23 11-23-2011 08:39 AM

Kindly accept my contribution of $200.

The receipt number for this payment is: 4267-3393-0270-3048.

Cheers
Nat

MIK18 11-23-2011 09:21 AM

Great Job IV!!

First time contributed 100 USD.

Transaction # 1889-7042-9015-4781

padmaforopt 11-23-2011 10:00 AM

I am happy to see this

Quote:

Originally Posted by logiclife (Post 3002224)

I have taken monthly subscription and I will also try to get donations from my friends. Is there any action item other than contributing funds for now .
I will donate more money after House passage of this bill.

I am not yet in to the GC queue but I have practically seen the struggles from my friends, colleagues, relatives and I may fall in to the same struggles in the near future.

mantagon 11-23-2011 10:02 AM

Q. What can be a better gift, this Thanksgiving?

A. IV's Success!!

Q. What does it cost?
A. $100 (Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6GX79401RS5686410)

Q. What is the price?
A. It's Priceless!

Go IV!!

thomachan72 11-23-2011 10:13 AM

I have contributed and am monthly contributor too. Have emailed friends today morning and expect more contributions soon. There is no excuse for those who are hesitating to contribute and join now. Its a pitiful state of mind if you happen to read this thread and expect your friend to contribute for your benefit :(:( please give a hand and we will all smile and celebrate together in hopefully a months time:D

roadrlz 11-23-2011 10:20 AM

Thanks

I have just contributed $100 and I am also requesting other friends to contribute as much as they can.