Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HR 3012 is coming on 29th, around 6.30 PM in House

I've received call from Aman this evening and I would like to share an update on H.R. 3012. He has received this update in DC just this evening.

We are very pleased to share that as a result of years of your work and active participation for creating awareness on the Capitol Hill our bill H.R. 3012 is scheduled for a vote in the House at around 6:30pm on Tuesday 29th November. As a testimony of your sincere work over the years, we are expecting over 90% or more votes in favor of H.R. 3012. After that it will be taken up in the Senate in December.

This will bring us one more step closer to making H.R. 3012 the law of the land, the law that ends the per-country discrimination in high-skills immigration.

Immigration Voice has been the life force of this bill and we have been at this since 2006.If you have been waiting to see some action before contributing, then this is the action. This is a real deal. This bill is moving. So if you promised yourself that you will contribute funds when Immigration Voice shows some results, then I think that time has come. Time to make good on your promise. Not just to Immigration Voice, but to yourself. To fairness. To equality. To your dreams and ambitions that are currently tethered on the ground due to per-country ceilings. Passage of H.R. 3012 is the knife that cuts the tether freeing your to pursue your career, your dreams, your ambitions. That new job, that promotion. That stability and peace of mind.

Time to saddle up. Time to contribute your share.
Bookmark and Share Compare

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
I've received call from Aman this evening and I would like to share an update on H.R. 3012. He has received this update in DC just this evening.

We are very pleased to share that as a result of years of your work and active participation for creating awareness on the Capitol Hill our bill H.R. 3012 is scheduled for a vote in the House at around 6:30pm on Tuesday 29th November. As a testimony of your sincere work over the years, we are expecting over 90% or more votes in favor of H.R. 3012. After that it will be taken up in the Senate in December.

This will bring us one more step closer to making H.R. 3012 the law of the land, the law that ends the per-country discrimination in high-skills immigration.

Immigration Voice has been the life force of this bill and we have been at this since 2006.If you have been waiting to see some action before contributing, then this is the action. This is a real deal. This bill is moving. So if you promised yourself that you will contribute funds when Immigration Voice shows some results, then I think that time has come. Time to make good on your promise. Not just to Immigration Voice, but to yourself. To fairness. To equality. To your dreams and ambitions that are currently tethered on the ground due to per-country ceilings. Passage of H.R. 3012 is the knife that cuts the tether freeing your to pursue your career, your dreams, your ambitions. That new job, that promotion. That stability and peace of mind.

Awesome!!! I just pray that everything goes smooth over the next couple of months and we WIN.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need funds.

Guys, we need funds to continue this effort. After this bill passes the House, we want the bill to have a good passage in the Senate.

We appreciate your kind words but it would be really really good if everyone pitches in a fair share and shows some support by putting their money into this effort and become stake holders of this effort and not just clapping spectators.

It has taken us 5 years to get here and let's all be honest to ourselves.

Some of us, promised ourselves "I will contribute money when IV shows some progress". Well, this is progress. It doesnt get any more real than this.

So if you have always been the kind of realist who wants to see some goods before opening the checkbook, then its time for you to open your checkbook. Coz we are showing some goods here.

After all, what we are asking you may potentially be a small fraction of what you may spend on black friday. So its now time to show your solidarity with this organization.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

WOW what a news!!!! Thanks IV.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

wait till everybody wakes up logiclife. I am sure our members and visitors will join you very enthusiastically. This is great news for EVERY EB-based current and future immigration applicant.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute psychedelicNerd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent News

Donated USD 200. Transaction ID 07B116559V284273Y

Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future manja has a brilliant future
Default Great news!

Just donated $100.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Awesome!!!

Contributed a small share $100. Transaction ID : 3D0121368S756770A.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute

Good job guys .
Here is a little token of appreciation -another 100 $
paypal -Your transaction ID for this payment is: 009184755R7998039

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

Kindly accept my contribution of $200.

The receipt number for this payment is: 4267-3393-0270-3048.

Cheers
Nat

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute MIK18 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Job IV!!

First time contributed 100 USD.

Transaction # 1889-7042-9015-4781

Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute padmaforopt has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am happy to see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post

I have taken monthly subscription and I will also try to get donations from my friends. Is there any action item other than contributing funds for now .
I will donate more money after House passage of this bill.

I am not yet in to the GC queue but I have practically seen the struggles from my friends, colleagues, relatives and I may fall in to the same struggles in the near future.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Q. What can be a better gift, this Thanksgiving?

A. IV's Success!!

Q. What does it cost?
A. $100 (Your transaction ID for this payment is: 6GX79401RS5686410)

Q. What is the price?
A. It's Priceless!

Go IV!!

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I have contributed and am monthly contributor too. Have emailed friends today morning and expect more contributions soon. There is no excuse for those who are hesitating to contribute and join now. Its a pitiful state of mind if you happen to read this thread and expect your friend to contribute for your benefit please give a hand and we will all smile and celebrate together in hopefully a months time

Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
roadrlz is a jewel in the rough roadrlz is a jewel in the rough roadrlz is a jewel in the rough
Smile Thanks

I have just contributed $100 and I am also requesting other friends to contribute as much as they can.

Closed Thread