Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold
Default IV campaign: Add A Member Campaign

3/30/2007 Update:

Hi IV'ers,

Today IV is a 10000 member organization!
Thank you everyone who participated in the campaign!

Three important next steps:

1. Let us all (every member), start and continue working on the IV action items such as "Meet your Lawmakers", "Call Lawmakers", etc. If we can do these now, we will definitely be able to influence the upcoming votes in the House and Senate on the immigration bills. And these bills are coming pretty soon (in a matter of weeks). So now is the time to act!

2. Let us all contribute as much as possible now. OUr donations will help IV in its lobbying effort. The more financially strong IV is, the better it can work support on the hill.

3. Last but not the least, we cannot stop at 10000. The stronger our numbers are, the more effective we can be (both in campaigns, as well as financially). So I am upping the target here. Please help introduce ONE member to IV by the end of April. If everyone of us added just ONE member by end of April 2007, we would be a 20000 member strong team.

20000 might look daunting, but's it's really not every individual just took care of his one member.

ADD ONE MEMBER BY APRIL 30, 2007!

Thank you.

Hi IV members!

I know many of us have been toying with ideas to increase membership. I wanted to start a separate thread just to highlight the following idea - Every member bring one additional member to IV.

Specifically, these are the bullet points I suggest:

1. By December 31, each of you bring one member to IV.
If you really think about it, it is not a difficult task. Every one of us knows atleast one person stuck in GC process, that is talking conservatively. It takes less than 15 minutes to call one person and explain IVs efforts and request his/her support.

2. By January 15, each of us take responsibility to get the member we brought to IV to contribute to the cause. And I am not suggesting any particular amount.

3. Each of us take responsibility in having them update their information on IV website, so that when the need arises, they can be contacted (for sending webfaxes etc. like last week).

Also, whenever you bring someone to IV, please post on this thread (it will encourage others). I feel this approach will work, if we keep this thread alive, and try to stick to the time deadline (deadlines might not have worked before, because they were too long term).

Also, please keep this thread on track, without any other discussions.

So IV'ers, lets add ONE member, and get ONE contribution!!!!

Thank you.
Neelu

===========
You can also use the tool
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...ends&Itemid=55
to invite your friends
=========

Last edited by neelu; 03-30-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelu
Hi IV members!

I know many of us have been toying with ideas to increase membership. I wanted to start a separate thread just to highlight the following idea - Every member bring one additional member to IV.

If you really think about it, it is not a difficult task. Every one of us knows atleast one person stuck in GC process, that is talking conservatively. It takes less than 15 minutes to call one person and explain IVs efforts and request his/her support.

2. By January 15, each of us take responsibility to get the member we brought to IV to contribute to the cause. And I am not suggesting any particular amount.

3. Each of take responsibility in having them update their information on IV website, so that when the need arises, they can be contacted (for sending webfaxes etc. like last week).

Also, whenever you bring someone to IV, please post on this thread (it will encourage others). I feel this approach will work, if we keep this thread alive, and try to stick to the time deadline (deadlines might not have worked before, because they were too long term).

Thank you.
Neelu
Thanks so much, this is an excellent idea. Add one-2-3-10 members, lets keep this thread alive and kicking. Lets keep it to the top. We can do it. In a single day last week the thread we started calling sessions went from 35 posts to 150 posts.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default Neelu, I like this idea.

Neelu, I like this idea .. It is a good one. I will keep you posted , when I have added a new member.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

I think my efforts last week resulted in adding 4 new members. I will be contacting 10 others and actually sitting down with them to help them become a IV member. I will post as soon as I register one more member.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hi IV members!

3. Each of take responsibility in having them update their information on IV website, so that when the need arises, they can be contacted (for sending webfaxes etc. like last week).

Thank you.
Neelu

Neelu:

Thank you so much for bringing forth this thought and initiative!

This is exactly the kind of drive we seek from most members. It is vital for us to increase our membership levels to sustain our efforts. The more we are the stonger our voice will be.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of eagerr2i has much to be proud of

FYI, I added a member yesterday and at the end of our meeting he gave me a $100 check for IV.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold

Administrator,

Can you please make this a sticky?

Thank you.
Neelu

Old 12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

I just sent another email to friends, inviting them to Join IV. Please raise awareness amongst your friends.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

This is what is needed guys, we added 1000 + members in just 2 days last week. We can definately add 5000 more members in the next 15 days.

If IV leadership core wants us to add members and raise funds, thats what we should do. If you have ideas, please send PM to IV Core.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey
I just sent another email to friends, inviting them to Join IV. Please raise awareness amongst your friends.

Thank you, AmitJoey.
I am sure you will post as soon as they respond with a 'Yes'.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sticky thread.

Quote:
Administrator,

Can you please make this a sticky?

Thank you.
Neelu
I have made the thread sticky. Thanks for taking this initiative.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Atleast add one new member till dec31st. Fellow IV members, If you CAN Contribute brilliant ideas and discuss a lot of options/ideas, why cant you add atleast one new member. Its all empty talk otherwise. We can do it together.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjoey
This is what is needed guys, we added 1000 + members in just 2 days last week. We can definately add 5000 more members in the next 15 days.

If IV leadership core wants us to add members and raise funds, thats what we should do. If you have ideas, please send PM to IV Core.
Let us stick to the campaign - ONE Member!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Invite a friend

You can also use the "Invite a friend" feature on the homepage menu to invite other people on this site to register and logon.

Its important that people give us their legit email address that they use regularly. We dont spam people and we send out newsletters very rarely. So you can be assured that we will not fill your inbox with junk or such things. But with valid emails, you can be informed of an ongoing webfax or phone campaigns and be active in such activities.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
You can also use the "Invite a friend" feature on the homepage menu to invite other people on this site to register and logon.

Its important that people give us their legit email address that they use regularly. We dont spam people and we send out newsletters very rarely. So you can be assured that we will not fill your inbox with junk or such things. But with valid emails, you can be informed of an ongoing webfax or phone campaigns and be active in such activities.

Very Important and crucial for days like last weekend.