Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road
Default Fund Collection Statistics on Immigration Voice

Here are the statistics on the contributions so far on Immigration Voice.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...llectionsSoFar

We have collected more than $5,000 in just 2 days. We have an initial target of $100,000. We can definitely achieve this if we can get 1000 members contributing $100 each to meet this target.

In that page we also have a section on how the funds are being overseen.

All, do not think that others will do the contribution. We need your contributions now to start lobbying!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

The $100 was just mentioned in passing. Please contribute more if you want to get really involved in this effort.

Last edited by admin; 01-05-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

techy,

Point well taken. We will try to provide as much transparency as possible. But at the same time we need to make sure that we don't give away too much information to the opponents or give away the privacy of the contributors. So we will come up with a way to achieve this. The screenshot looks like a good idea. We will work on it right away.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ram_ram will become famous soon enough

I contributed my 10 cents..Just now.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sandeep is on a distinguished road
Default Membership and contributions need to increase

Guys, we have 200+ members on board but only a fraction have contributed. So does that mean that the rest do not know about this?
Please pass on this message to your friends
As you probably know, Employment Based immigration is currently showing years of retrogression; more than 350,000 labor applications are stuck in the backlog centers and there is no information on when we can see even a ray of hope. Applicants have to wait for their green cards for as many as 4-7 years, depending on the country where they were born. With retrogression, applicants are unable to complete their final phase of green card even if they have cleared all the previous hurdles. We, a group of volunteers at www.immigrationvoice.org . We have set up a non profit organization to work towards resolution of these problems.
In the past we have seen that due to a lack of professional representation, employment based immigration issues have been ignored by the lawmakers. The latest example has been dropping of section 8001 & 8002 from the Budget Reconciliation Bill passed by the congress in December 2005. With comprehensive immigration reforms on the anvil in the early part of 2006, the time to act is now. However, with the current political scenario and the overpowering debate about illegal immigration, this is going to be an uphill battle. We have already initiated talks with professional strategists who have in the past been able to achieve goals similar to the ones we are working for. We feel that these are the following ways a professional strategist can help:
1. Identify feasible goals that can be achieved and are representative of the people in this forum. We should not have to piggy back on H1s or illegal immigration - we need an identity of our own
2. Identify the champions amongst the lawmakers, alliances, organizations who are willing to shoulder some or all of the responsibility in passing provisions to solve retrogression & address labor backlogs centers.
3. Identify opportunities to meet/interact with those mentioned in point no 2.
4. Help us in putting our points across cohesively and in a way relevant to the political situations
5. Keep a close monitor on the progress and the situation so as to identify the opportunities as they arrive.
Hiring professional strategists requires several thousands of dollars. If we hope to counter some of the anti immigration propaganda, we have to accumulate funds to the tune of atleast about $100k. Keeping this and the short deadline in mind, we would urge you to contribute at http://www.immigrationvoice.org . To lead by example, the volunteers have themselves come forward with contributions - in one night we had a collection of around $5000 from 20 contributors. This is a tiny fraction of what we as an organization need.
We also need your contribution in terms of your ideas and efforts by registering you as a Volunteer. Please be assured that funds and their utilization would be transparent in this process. All the volunteers will be provided a weekly update on the funds collected and their utilization. We look forward to you helping us and yourselves.
Please contact us for more info at info@immigrationvoice.org

Thanks
Your Name

Old 01-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
makino_a55 is on a distinguished road
Default Pledged my rupees

Good luck for us ; And to all the hard working guys ; i would like to help out in the best way ; i am mostly a follower not a leader ; please let me know if i can be of any help ; I live in Oregon, Portland ; i shall request my other friends to contribute for the cause.
Thanks
Anil.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by makino_a55
Good luck for us ; And to all the hard working guys ; i would like to help out in the best way ; i am mostly a follower not a leader ; please let me know if i can be of any help ; I live in Oregon, Portland ; i shall request my other friends to contribute for the cause.
Thanks
Anil.

Thanks makino_a55, Your encouragement and contribution is very valuable for the success of this effort. At this time we do not have representation in Oregon, Portland and if you could please pass on the message to your friends, that will be of great help to the community.

Regards,
-WP

Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb_retrogession is on a distinguished road
Default Contributions to address retrogession

The past couple days, I've had this very strange experience. Several of the affected people GREATLY appreciate the efforts being done by ImmigrationVoice and strongly support us (by words). This is all good encouragement. But for monetary contribution, even though the promise is made, they want to take some time to think about it.

Now, Think about what?? If this was some kind of an ad campaign or a puppet show, I did understand. The bottomline is either we get support from affected folks and stand a chance by involving lobbyist, media etc with full force, OR we just keep busting our butts and no money comes up, and we will be where we are 2 years from now.

There are some more folks that contributed SOME money and said they are willing to contribute again later. Fair enough. Only issue is we are running against the clock. It would be a pity if we get all the support in the world a little too late.

My guesstimate is that there are about 350K to 400K people affected by retrogression. As of yesterday, around 50 people have come forward with monetary contribution for the cause. Even though we have done progress by collecting about $8,500, this isn't cutting it. I am hard pressed to understand why affected people prefer to just wait and pray for the best, rather than taking the bull by the horn and try your best.

In our presentations to the lawmakers, we say, EB workers add so much value to the economy and have so much to contribute to this country. How about contributing something for ourselves for once? then maybe you'll have a chance to do the aforementioned contributions!!

I hope people don't regret not helping when the window was atleast slightly open, after it has been shut on their faces. Come May/June, election activities take precedence, don't expect anything to happen second half of this year.

I hope EVERYONE on here understands the importance and significance of acting RIGHT NOW.

I, for one, can sleep well at night, thinking that I did all I can.

contribute at www.immigrationVoice.org